Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TranceLikeState

Jurassic Park Dino's For SA!

Yo guys! So people have talked for awhile about making a jurassic park mod for San Andreas, and i've seen some pics around of dino's in game. However, theyve never been released so you can't get them, nor can you gurantee the rigging is any good. So i solved both of those problems by converting some JP dino models from my Operation Genesis game. These are for personal use only as they are conversions. However if i like you enough i may give them to you if you ask nicely. They are not to be redistributed! Check em out! Specially you hcstipe!

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

trex.jpg

spinox.jpg

raptori.jpg

pachy.jpg

homalo.jpg

galiq.jpg

dreyo.jpg

dilopho.jpg

certo.jpg

carcha.jpg

acro.jpg

allon.jpg

Neat conversion. This makes me wanna continue my CLEO mods lol. :D

Yup, they most likely won't allow you to release them, since these models may be copyrighted. But I think it wouldn't hurt to ask the mod-hosting site first before assuming they won't. ;)

wow ,nice XD but they never attak you?

Dinosaur attacks would be HUGE animation and coding work, and by the looks of it Trance doesn't have the stomach for it.

Maybe now hscitpe can finaly finnish his Jurassic City Mod :rotfl:

Haha, come one angelo. you dont have more faith in me than that? :P your right though. theres no way i could code and animate them to attack. would be awesome though if someone could. i think just seeing them walk around is enough for me.

well you could replace/edit the

*ahem* sex animations for movement and make a few quick draw animations for the grabbing /bitting etc

edit: but then again you would need the stomach and patience for it

Edited by Rave

shame you can't realease it, that could be fun to hunt some dino XD

That is beyond awesome.

Thanks guys. Likin all the positive feedback. I also converted hcstipes JP jeep to drive around also. ;) Have a look. I could release this for SA if hcstipe let me although i havn't asked.

gtasa2010062204404201.jpg

And i converted some of the map models as well. These things don't have any prelighting and are a little small. They are also missing some faces but i thought i'd just show them anyway.

gtasa2010062218283439.jpg

Anyway. Prob nothing will come of this but it's a fun mod for me if nothing else.

Don't release it, you could simply give it to your friends. That way you will be saved of the copyright troubles.

Edited by iMaster

Ok, so i did a lot of work on the map models. Particularly the visitor center/main gate and the security fence. After adding particles, prelighting, and lights they look almost like they were made for SA B) Throw in some music, the dino's and hsctipes vehicles and you got a sweet ass JP mod. I may send it to a few of you guys if i get his permission to include the vehicles, or i could do it without them. Anyhow, check out this video!

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

And Mike for the record, this is all 3ds max work, no sketchup here. ;) Trying to just use max from now on.

How awesome does that look. Please sent it to me and I promise that I won't sent it to anyone else or release it.

Will weapons work on the dinos?

Yes, although i suspect that even though the model is large, the ped's col is the default one. Hence it's a small col, and may be hard to hit on the larger ones, i havnt tried yet. And thanks. :) i'll send u a release version at some point, right now it's just the stuff in the vid. i pretty much made it for the vid. i'm wondering if i should map a TC map out of it. that way i can fit more models.

Thanks! What do you want to be different about the cols?

Thanks! What do you want to be different about the cols?

They should be the way they're supossed to be :)

I mean...

If you shoot a giant dino.....

You should actually hit it in any place that you shoot x)

not like they were "ghosts" :P

Oh, :P sorry those cols. Yeah i think it's a 1 for all kinda thing.

Oh, :P sorry those cols. Yeah i think it's a 1 for all kinda thing.

do you think you can change it?

I don't like the idea of shooting "ghosts" and not hitting them meanwhile they're killing me :P

I'm saying if i change 1 i think it changes them all. oh well. we'll see.

it shoulddnt, eg. skinny, fat,tall,short peds are all different

Trance, I think this is brilliant, really good work! If you haven't done so already, I would seriously look at trying to get in touch with the original author's to try and get permission to use these in a mod, so that you can actually release them.

I'm impressed, keep up the good work!

Thanks Mike! Really means a lot! As far as i know, the only person's permission i'd need is hsctipes for the vehicles. Mostly i did it to show my new prelighting and night vertex colour skills. ;) Hcstipe, if you read this, comment!

Theres been a lot of JP mods out there, and they all die. Well, lets finally bring one to life! I feel like this mod has a lot of potential as well. Perhaps almost as much potential as the BTTF mod? I'll keep posting updates.

More eye candy for you guys. Pics and a gif.

gtasa2010062503213770.gif

gtasa2010062503314470.jpg

gtasa2010062503255945.jpg

gtasa2010062503260414.jpg

gtasa2010062503261294.jpg

gtasa2010062503264328.jpg

gtasa2010062503270602.jpg

Edited by Trancelikestate

What I want to see is their hostility towards the player, them running at 40 miles per hour and having attack animations.

:o REALEASE IT :lol: