Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

Fill water in Time Train

I was thinking I quote

Doc: Marty!; it runs on steam!

Doesn't that mean he has water in the train somewhere that evaporates to form steam. Shouldn't after a certain amount of time travels you need to fill the time train with water, it makes sense, the water won't last forever, it makes sense. I don't what to here not movie accurate because he has do it for it to work! Can it be put it or is it too much coding, what?

it runs on steam!

Doesn't that mean he has water in the train somewhere ...

yeah, but it means that your "engine" runs on steam, not the Flux Capacitor!

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

Yes, and time train needs steam to actually work, not only time travel. I don't understand what you're trying to prove. Oh, just read the first post, where that idiot thinks that after time travels the water level will go lower. In game, it still doesn't change anything, it's the old fuel system where you have to go and refuel somewhere

Edited by RG

well, RG, that first post was actually the one I was referring to. I thought he meant that water is used as a power source for the 1.21 Gigawatt

steam trains use coal.
and water us usually used to protect the train from overheat.

are yu sure doc didn't get mr fusion fitted, to power the time travelling?
how should he have done that? he was in 18somewhen when he built the train, so he even wouldn't have had the chance to get plutonium for a nuclear reactor. as I already said, he built oversized dynamos:

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...amp;q=0&p=3

Actually, Plutonium box might have been in the DeLorean through all 3 films since the end of BTTF 1. And, if Doc put all of it in Time Train, just to get to 2010+ to get Mr. Fusion and hover conversion, it makes sense.

I believe his train ran on steam, the Flux Capacitor is on the top of the train in front, as you see in the movie when the train aapears at that moment of reentry, plus you can see it ingame

Again Grim, we go back to the movie and we clearly here Doc say "It runs on Steam!" So that, therefore, implies that even though Doc went to 2015 to get the Time Train fitted with a Hover Conversion (obviously not available in 1885) he opted not to let it run under the power of Mr.Fusion since he figured that the steam had to power the train and in return the rotational force from the pistons generated 1.21 jigawatts of power. I think this sounds logical, right? :unsure:

I still say that the train has Mr. Fusion somewhere. In the first trip to 2015 he used plutonium, later used Mr. Fusion to power both time circuits and flux capacitor

But that beg's the question of where did he get the plutonium for for the train, not a valid argument really is it.

I still say that the train has Mr. Fusion somewhere.

Once again: http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...amp;q=0&p=3 - oversized dynamos. The Time Train is a whole new generation of TM and since Doc had to find a way to leave the Wild West, he had to "reinvent" the power source for the 1.21 Gigawatt, which he found in his solution with the oversized dynamos.

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

Uh, you know, even in movie terms, putting a nuclear reactor into a train equals disaster. There is no way that Doc would have risked that. And btw, isn't this starting to get a little off topic?

Thats what I was thinking, so we can't refuel it right?

Sign in to follow this