:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
ak907bttffan

What fuel source in 1885 to go back to 1985?

Thats a good question there archer9234

Even Doc Brown as man of science, in the yr 2015, he could have find components to make the car operable, BUT in BTTF 3, Marty mentioned to Doc that he rip the fuel line and assumed that powering Mr. Fusion would be the answer, however Doc explained that Mr. Fusion is only capable of powering the Time Circuits and the Flux Capacitor, the car would still need gasoline

That is good thought anywayz

:P

:unsure: sorry

Now that would have been awesome!!! :P The DeLorean would have been bad ass!

i wanna know how much gas was in the car, cause even ripping the fuel line doesnt mean its all gone, there is a tank u know :P

I remember that in 1955, Doc said that he filled up the tank, so Marty could have maybe saved some gas, but then again, they didn't think Marty would run into the Indians that would be hella surprised to see a strange silver wagon popping out of nowhere and as for Doc who already in 1885, may already have investigated to see if there was ANY gas left, so that's why then next scene, you see both of them hauling the TM with horses

:P

that could very well be, but if you knew the deloreans structure that the fuel tank is actually in the front and in the '80s, delorean had carburetors so Doc would have rerouted the fuel line to where the Indians actually did hit it spot on without realizing! If only the delorean had a fuel injection like we do have now, Marty would have never had that problem and the story would be different and shorter :P

i looked on the internet and the fuel tank is higher than the fuel line so that explains losing the fuel and the fuel might have been used up when marty was driving away from the indians.

yup :P

Well that's a cool idea :lol: the would eliminate the fuel problems in BTTF 3, however, after thinking about it for awhile, would you think if when Marty and Doc went back in time to get the book from Biff, after destroying the Almanac, would you think if the DeLorean had the electrical engine, would the car itself would just completely fried and crash to the ground burning or burst into pieces? :huh:

You know, I was watching one of videos on youtube about the DeLorean TM and the video showed that the plutonium box was comfortably in the front passenger floor, so meaning, Marty would have to keep his legs off the box when Doc was giving him a ride home in BTTF 1.

just a little detailed I missed :P

Edited by ak907bttffan

uranium is weakly radioactive, plutonium has a higher density than uranium, so like Doc says" I need a nuclear reaction that generates the 1.21 giggawatts of electricity that I need!"

Also, it's 2015. Why didn't he try an electric engine.

Have you ever tried reaching 88mph with an electric motor. If it's even able to reach that speed, think of how long it would take to accelerate, especially with the load it's carrying in the rear. I mean all the added components is extra weight. Also, I bet the Mr. Fusion weighs a lot in film.

Edited by Joe Statler

Well Joe, the Mr. Fusion actually didn't weigh to terribly much since producer Bob Gale has the original Mr. Fusion at his home decorated and function as a table lamp :P of course some components did had some weights but nowadays you may find parts just like it and weight alot less! you never know!

Really he did you have some pics

Off Topic: You posted at 1:21 am and 0 seconds!

bob-gale-fusion-low-res.jpg

"It somehow avoided the ill fate of the rest of the car and has been lucky enough to enjoy twenty years in the personal collection of producer, Bob Gale."

"After principle photography was complete, Michael Lantieri (Special Effects Supervisor) took the Mr. Fusion and made it into a desk lamp for the writer/producer."

I went and looked around, I remembered seeing Bob Gale holding the Mr. Fusion, but found this

Have you ever tried reaching 88mph with an electric motor. If it's even able to reach that speed, think of how long it would take to accelerate, especially with the load it's carrying in the rear. I mean all the added components is extra weight. Also, I bet the Mr. Fusion weighs a lot in film.

We are talking about the future...where electric cars are perfected. Plus, you never watch mythbusters? They showed a electric bike going 120mph. It was only 2 seconds slower than the gas bike it raced.

Edited by archer9234

...since producer Bob Gale has the original Mr. Fusion

Bob Gale doesn't have THE original, he has a duplicate built for the Part III B car (I think it was the B, whichever one got smashed into the train)

He also has the twenty year old Time Circuits too.

no prob :D

Sign in to follow this