:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

To Mike:

BackToTheFuture1012010-12-2219-31-20-70.jpg

Damn it, the Delorean question is answered quickly. for those that pick the right responses. I can't believe the explanation (although I guess it makes sense)

Delorean Explanation:

SPOILER:
The lightning strike in 1955 caused a rift in the space-time continuum creating a duplicate time machine and sent it 70 years into the future. Meaning it's the SAME f***ing DELOREAN!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

@ Blue: I read your post before posting the pic. I thought Mike would want visual proof as well.

So far I LOVE IT!!!!

Out of curiosity about how much play time is the first episode?

hummmm according to Dragon King's "spoiler", that means there is also a duplicated Marty.....right?

Great Scott!

The lightning strike in 1955 caused a rift in the space-time continuum creating a duplicate time machine and sent it 70 years into the future. Meaning it's the SAME f***ing DELOREAN!!!!

AWESOME!!!!

That's Heavy Duty Doc. also if there's a
duplicated Marty
is there a duplicated Doc?

no, only marty was in the car...And I didn't say that there was a duplicated Marty, I just asked xP

Edited by Jay

I just beat it, I liked it alot

I've just beat it?!?!? I thought it would be a longer game *sigh*

He only beat the first episode. I asked a few posts back about how long the gameplay was and no one answered. :P and also does it support analog controllers?

hummmm according to Dragon King's "spoiler", that means there is also a duplicated Marty.....right?

Wrong DeLorean there Jay. It was the 1955 DeLorean that was hovering and got struck by lightning, so if the driver got duplicated, it would be a duplicate Doc. What's hilarious about this explanation is that over on the Telltale Forums, there was a HUGE ongoing debate about the DeLorean's origins, and I just happened to post "Well, maybe Doc found a way to create a temporal duplicate of some kind!" And that was the day before the game was released. So when that option came up, I was just astounded.

ohhhhhh! of course! I forgot about that delorean, i thought it was the other one (well it's the same one but you understand...xD) uuuuups xP so yeah, instead of a duplicated marty, it must be a duplicated doc

Don't read this if you don't like spoilers!

SPOILER:
So Marty started disappearing. Anyone wanna throw out a guess why?

SPOILER:
His grandfather testifies against Kid Tannen because of the subpoena, Kid Tannen kills him. Also, apparently there's going to be a part where he goes after Jennifer's grandfather as well since an officer Parker arrested Tannen.
If I'm even close to right, I'll be laughing as hard as I was when I was right about the DeLorean.

SPOILER:
His grandfather testifies against Kid Tannen because of the subpoena, Kid Tannen kills him. Also, apparently there's going to be a part where he goes after Jennifer's grandfather as well since an officer Parker arrested Tannen.
If I'm even close to right, I'll be laughing as hard as I was when I was right about the DeLorean.

That sounds about right.

This game is really the best BTTF game we could have. You know, as far as games that aren't fan-made mods go. :P It's certainly a great deal better than the NES BttF game, but then, a kick in the nuts and having crap shoved up your nose would be better than that old piece of crap.

I haven't actually bought it, I figured I'd see what the general response was first. What's the gameplay like, is it a simple point and click type game? What interaction does the player actually have?

@blue - glad they got the plate right ;)

Duplicated by the lightning strike, gee that's sure convenient, I must admit, I don't like that explanation at all. It would have made more sense for Doc to have simply returned to the future in the train and then just build a new one. How would Doc even know about this duplicate car?

wait a sec if the DeLorean was duplicated wouldn't the duplicate have broken TC's too....?

wait a sec if the DeLorean was duplicated wouldn't the duplicate have broken TC's too....?

It caused a rift apparently, so it duplicated the one that was in 2015 that was still functional or something.

How would Doc even know about this duplicate car?

He didn't. He was in the year 2025 and just happened to come across it (again, convenient but apparentely he had to fight Griff for it(???)) But there's several "conveniences" in the BTTF universe anyway.

I think since the Time Circuits were broken, it changed to a different year in Temporal Displacement therefore creating the duplicate.

Gameplay is a point and click but it is fun. You can't explore other parts (bummer). But For one thing it's A HELL of a lot better than the LJN version

What should've been also duplicated with the car is Marty. But I guess he was killed or lives in 2020s.