:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

Just my opinions. :) I, for one, thought the story in the Telltale games were awesome. It's just Episode 5 screwed everything up to me. They took paradoxes way too far.

Also, I'm sure Telltale were all about the details, but I think people appealed to the more unusual things in BTTF. For example, People were going to remember the funny "Mr Fusion" thingamabob, more than a boring old nuclear reactor.

Of course, like everyone else, I thought maybe the games could have had a little more freedom though. Or the ability to actually drive the DeLorean. That's what brought the game down.

What's more, you could hardly see the best thing about BTTF- time travel. The only time you actually see time travel, is in the cutscenes, and even then- the time travel sounds are either all the same, (from the first experiment) or they don't even match the effects! I'm sure Telltale could have gotten a little more creative with the sounds.

Overall, I think it was a good attempt at a game for BTTF. I'd give it 7/10.

Edited by DMC88ELB

I'm only saying the game being written on coincidences is the same as the movies. He says it was poor writing BECAUSE of the coincidences. I actually liked it. The writing was good. And who cares if the delorean was inaccurate (other than Mike and any other SUPER BTTF NERD). It was an awesome game. The only thing that bothered me was it was in Episodes. Not just 1 full game. You should play all 5 episodes before forming an official opinion. Sure, Temporal Duplication was a hell of a stretch, but if you nitpick at every detail they get wrong or sounds stupid you won't enjoy it.

I'm only saying the game being written on coincidences is the same as the movies. He says it was poor writing BECAUSE of the coincidences. I actually liked it. The writing was good. And who cares if the delorean was inaccurate (other than Mike and any other SUPER BTTF NERD). It was an awesome game. The only thing that bothered me was it was in Episodes. Not just 1 full game. You should play all 5 episodes before forming an official opinion. Sure, Temporal Duplication was a hell of a stretch, but if you nitpick at every detail they get wrong or sounds stupid you won't enjoy it.

Yo, I'm a girl, dude.

What I was meaning with the horrible coincidences was in episode 1 firstly. Edna just HAPPENS to own an archive of Hill Valley news. So convenient. When Marty looks over at a building through the binoculars, it just happens to have a plaque on the front establishing when it was made.

That's kindergarten level deus ex machina. They could have set it up way better.

The idea maybe wasn't that bad, the way they presented it was. The game was amazingly boring to play, at episode 3 I found myself clicking through hints just to progress faster through it.

$20 says they make a complete balls up of it.

Indeed

On the positive side, kudos to MJF. Coped better than I hoped he would.

That's kindergarten level deus ex machina. They could have set it up way better.

Wow you must of went to a boring kindergarten to be taught stuff like that. We did colouring in :)

in my opinion i totally agree with DK which reminds me another coincidence in bttf 2 1955 Biff so happen to have a oh lala magazine with a dust jacket the exact size as the sports one and switched them out.

in my opinion i give the game a full 10/10 the game's were fun not boring plus it had Christopher Lloyd, Claudia Wells and Micheal J Fox at the end which made it special seriously would you rather play the nes version or telltale's version? talltale ftw! so what if some things are bad every game has it's flaws!

^That's fanboy-ism at its worst.

As long as its the series you love, you're okay with anything and are in absolute denial about ever admitting it might have some flaws.

The same people who go and see unnecessary (very bad) sequels solely because it's of a franchise they like.

And yeah, I never denied the movies have coincidences too, but, I never said that part 2 was my favorite either. In actuality, while I still like it, you just listed why it's my least favorite of the trilogy, because there were so many variables that it did have some coincidences.

I like part 1 and 3 the best solely on the grounds they're both far more character driven. Though I think terms of plot perfection, it has to go to part 1, and that was the only one they were originally going to make to begin with.

everything has it's flaws. But the game could have been a lot worse. It had a strong story arc and presented itself really well. Hopefully the sequel will fix the flaws of this one.

everything has it's flaws. But the game could have been a lot worse. It had a strong story arc and presented itself really well. Hopefully the sequel will fix the flaws of this one.

Nail on the head :thumbs:

^That's fanboy-ism at its worst.

i never seen fanboys so i wouldn't know :yawn:

Edit:one other thing

in absolute denial about ever admitting it might have some flaws.
im not in denial about anything and i did say that
every game has it's flaws!
sorry hun but read the full comment before posting.

Edit:yeah hopefully in season 2 it leaves off where season 1 ended.

SPOILER:
" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Edited by Doc-Holliday-

I just noticed that tree was placed in the street.

Doc:Marty you better back up we don't have enough road to get up to 88.

Marty:where were going we don't need roads.

Doc:Marty look out for that tr...

Marty:holy s**t.

Crash!

:P

Finally played Part 5. PS3 took this f***ing long. I just love how no matter what, they couldn't get everything 100% back to normal. I don't think Edna got a better life, after all. Also, things where cut and changed form the original photos. Doc and Marty aren't wearing the correct clothes, in the photos. Marty and Dan stopping Edna never happend. And the shot where Marty talks to William after HV is erased was staged different.

Final verdict to the game. One problem: Everyone was too god damn nice. No matter how bad it got. Marty never actually attacked anyone. And Edna was like lala during scenes where she should be trying to stop/kill Marty.

For the people complaining about the convenient points in the game. Even the most convenient one, the chandelier mission. It's a game. I don't want to sit around for 3 hours to figure out one clue.

I was just thinking , there's two different Marty in 1986 , no ?

At the end of the last episode , Doc came in 1931 after he received the key of the town but apparently Doc don't know why Marty is in 1931. It means that Marty never went back in time to rescue Doc , so there's a second Marty in 1986 ...

Or it's maybe a mistake in the scenario I don't know X-)

Basically how I understand it. Marty is still Marty. He never affected his timeline. But since Marty altered Docs timeline two times. He didn't travel with Marty, in the second half. Doc still does his original mission: to get detailed history for Marty, and gets caught by Edna. But he goes back and forth to deal with his "home" life. Rather than running through time. Since he patched up his relationship, with his father. He just didn't know where Marty was, in time. So Marty had to leave him that clue. If Marty never fixed his relationship with his dad. Alternate Doc would of reverted back to real doc. At the end of Episode 2. But would of been really killed, by being run over.

I assume in this timeline. Marty used the Delorean alone, to fix Aurthur's Timeline. Since Doc was busy with the Key to the city. It's similar to the issue with Doc not remembering he dressed up Marty in that bad get up. Time didn't catch up to his memory.

So what extra do you get, a few bits of concept art? I'll check out how much the shipping is.

So what extra do you get, a few bits of concept art? I'll check out how much the shipping is.

Concept art, commentary on the episodes, all the trailers, etc.

Wait a bit. I think the shipping is messed up...

for people that have bought the 5episodes from telltalegames just has to pay shipping for.....

standard_box_shot_400x400.png

Collector's Edition

The complete 5 episode Back to the Future: The Game series on DVD "Just Shipping"

Full series for PC and Mac – all 5 episodes

Bountiful video collection: Behind the Scenes videos, team commentaries, trailers and more!

Extensive production art gallery

Expected to ship: September 2011

Limit 1 DVD per game purchase.

others who didnt will have to pay $24.99+shipping

or for those that have already bought the 5 episodes can pay $19.99+shipping instead of $44.99 +shipping

can get this...

bttf_deluxe_med.png

Special Deluxe Edition

A bountiful time capsule filled with special new exclusive extras

*Limited Edition Item: Only 2,500 Produced

Collector's DVD with all 5 game episodes + bonus content

Young Emmett, Doc and Marty on Exclusive DVD cover

Photo Album: 15 portraits of esteemed Hill Valley icons

Doc’s notebook: 6 pages with original invention diagrams and more

Trixie Trotter commemorative postcard

Expected to ship: September 2011

Limit 1 discounted Deluxe Pack per game purchase.

link to buy these:Back to The Future The Game Dvd's your welcome.

Ps.on questions on shipping this is from telltalegame's site listed under store questions

Shipping is calculated based on where you live and the items in your cart. There are usually a few shipping methods, which are presented to you on a drop-down list during checkout.
:thumbup:

Edit:one last thing before i forget it says

SALE ENDS AUGUST 31ST
so hurry and buy yours while you can... Edited by Doc-Holliday-

The bean counters told me we literally could not afford to buy seven dollars worth of moon rocks, much less seventy million. Bought 'em anyway. Ground 'em up, mixed em into a gel.
Or listen to it under http://www.portal2sounds.com/121

I ordered the special deluxe edition and didn't really care about the price. Ended up to be 25€ for me, which is together with the original price of the episodes what other games also cost, like for example Portal 2. Ok, that might be a different scale of a game, but BTTF is still worth it.

I ordered the special deluxe edition
same but i ordered mine for $19.99 + 7.99Shipping =$27.98 total that's £17.1 uk price but since i live in us shipping was probably cheaper. so mini-me you bought the deluxe and didn't buy the 5episode's before and bought it at full price? that sucks :( but at least your getting what you wanted. Edited by Doc-Holliday-