Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

SPOILER:
FINALLY, the DeL flies!

And yes, most incredibly awesome.

Also, about the speakeasy arsonist...

SPOILER:
It can't be Marty or Doc. That'd be predestination paradox. And BTTF doesn't deal with predestination. The only person it leaves is Edna. And she has the most motive, being a part of
and disliking drinking and anything that's fun and entertaining. Burning down a speakeasy is....logical.

SPOILER:

What I find weird is Doc's disappearing at the end, by all logic presented to us in BTTF 2, he should have stayed where(and what) he is, and the new overpedantistic Doc would still rule HV. Well, we'll see.

true.... but this would explain bttf2 when marty is supposably in Switzerland

I liked the first episode a lot more than the second. While the story of these games are good, I generally find point and click games boring. I also did find the second one a bit short, I hope this isn't going to be a trend of quality steadily decreasing as I really like the game art and the style they used.

SPOILER:
Or by other logic: He wouldn't stay where he was because he would never have gone on the trip to find out about the speakeasy in the first place due to Edna. He also might never have built the time machine. Either way I look at it (BTTF 2 Logic too) there is some sort of problem there.
Edited by FUTD

SPOILER:

What I find weird is Doc's disappearing at the end, by all logic presented to us in BTTF 2, he should have stayed where(and what) he is, and the new overpedantistic Doc would still rule HV. Well, we'll see.

SPOILER:

It has been explained on TTG's community that Doc dissapeared because he didn't have natural overhauls and didn't live to be almost 100 in this timeline, so we only have First Citizen Brown (72) and no good ol' Doc (around 96) in this orwellian dystopia.

First Citizen Brown probably has still invented the time machine, but he and Marty weren't friends and he didn't go to the Future; maybe that's why the DeLorean hasn't dissappeared.

Marty remains by the same logic of 1985-A.

SPOILER:
Good Points Carlos85G but if doc didn't go to the future shouldn't Mr.fusion and the hover conversion disappear once marty arrived to 1986?
Edited by Doc-Holliday-

SPOILER:
Well the wheels are folded in driving mode in the Citizen Brown preview

SPOILER:
Good Points Carlos85G but if doc didn't go to the future shouldn't Mr.fusion and the hover conversion disappear once marty arrived to 1986?

SPOILER:

Most likely, unless he went to his original desired date -October 26th, 2010- 25 years into the Future and possibly natural overhauls weren't invented yet, but hover conversions and Mr. Fusion were.

Maybe because of the timeline change, some systems on the DeLorean are now faulty or nonexistent (you can see sparks coming out of the electronics just before the screen goes white).

@Carlos85G on

SPOILER:
Maybe because of the timeline change, some systems on the DeLorean are now faulty or nonexistent (you can see sparks coming out of the electronics just before the screen goes white).
SPOILER:
and thats possibly the reason Marty has to find First Citizen Brown to fix the delorean so Marty can go back to 1931 and fix this mess :P that and also he has to find out from First Citizen Brown what happened that changed the present (1986)
Edited by Doc-Holliday-

It's a paradox (this is a try of translation):

If Doc never became a scientist, then he won't invent the time machine, which implies that Doc and Marty never traveled trough time, which makes Doc become a scientist, invent the time machine, travel trough time, making Doc never becoming a scientist, which prevents Doc and Marty from travelling trough time, making Doc a scientist, invent the time machine, travel trough time, making Doc never becoming a scientist, etcetera, etcetera...

---

Es una paradoja:

Si Doc no se vuelve un científico, entonces no inventará la máquina del tiempo, que implica que Doc y Marty no viajan por el tiempo, que hace que Doc se vuelva un científico, inventa la máquina del tiempo, viajando a través del tiempo, haciendo que Doc no se convierta en científico, que previene que Doc y Marty viajen por el tiempo, haciendo al Doc científico, inventa los viajes por el tiempo, que hace que no se convierta en científico, etcétera, etcétera...

Edited by Carlos85G
Trying to make some sense...

OK Here We Go....

SPOILER:
@Carlos85G Yep Here's the red sparks you were talking about right before the screen goes white th_bttftge2deloreansparks.jpg @hscitpe Yes they were back to Drive Mode But Mr.Fusion Was Still There th_bttftge2deloreanswheelsdown.jpg And Finally @Flux Capacitor The Passanger Door Stayed Closed After Coming To A1986 th_bttftge2deloreandoorclosed1.jpg Still Flying Or Shall I Say Crashing With Door Closed th_bttftge2deloreandoorclosed2.jpg And Door Still Closed After Crashing Into Billboard th_bttftge2deloreandoorclosed.jpg Remember Marty Was Driving? Where Do You See The Door Being Open?
Edit:Lol @ Doc's hands looks Like he's doing a dance by the way his hands and arms are possession. Edited by Doc-Holliday-

It's a paradox (this is a try of translation):

If Doc never became a scientist, then he won't invent the time machine, which implies that Doc and Marty never traveled trough time, which makes Doc become a scientist, invent the time machine, travel trough time, making Doc never becoming a scientist, which prevents Doc and Marty from travelling trough time, making Doc a scientist, invent the time machine, travel trough time, making Doc never becoming a scientist, etcetera, etcetera...

¡Jajajá, qué ocurrente, doctor!... Ha estado usted... razonando fuera del recipiente... /lesluthiers

En esta situación, el Doc sigue siendo un científico. Él mismo dijo que gracias a la pelea que tuvo con su padre antes de que Marty se fuera le dió las agallas para renunciar a su empleo en la Casa de la Corte y dedicar su vida de lleno a la Ciencia. Simplemente, su vida fue por otro camino, usando la Ciencia para fines socioeconómicos por la influencia de Edna al no ver "Frankenstein" e irse con ella. Probablemente inventó el condensador de flujo, construyó el DeLorean y viajó al 2010 como tenía inicialmente planeado, pero nunca se volvió amigo de Marty. Marty es un visitante en esta línea del tiempo al igual que lo fueron en 1985 alterno. No hay paradoja.

---

Hahaha, how witty, doctor!... You've been... reasoning outside the bedpan... /lesluthiers

In this situation, Doc is still a scientist. He himself said that thank to the fight he had with his father before Marty went away gave him the guts to quit his job at the Courthouse and dedicate his life fully to Science. Simply, his life went on another path, using Science for socioeconomic goals influenced by Edna when he didn't see "Frankenstein" and went away with her. He probably invented the flux capacitor, constructed the DeLorean and went to his originally-planed date: 2010, but he never befriended Marty. Marty's a visitor in this timeline just as Doc and Marty were in 1985-A. No paradox here.

@Carlos85G: Pero si Marty no se volvió amigo de Doc no pudo haber tenido contacto con él ni con el DeLorean, haciendo que la paradoja empieze aquí.

But if Marty never befriended Doc, he couldn´t have contact with him neither with the DeLorean, making the paradox start here.

Mismas circunstancias que 1985-A. Doc y Marty fueron visitantes, mientras sus doppelgängers seguían en el manicomio (desde 1983) y en Suiza, respectivamente; sólo que ahora, Doc no vive más de 90 años gracias al Arreglo Natural.

---

Same circumstances as 1985-A. Doc and Marty were visitors, while their doppelgängers were in the asylum (since 1983) and Switzerland, respectively; but now, Doc won't live beyond 90 by getting a Natural Overhaul.

hey.

for all of you who can't wait any longer for episode 3, here's an educated guess:

1. this week [EDITED]

2. next week [EDITED]

3. in two weeks [EDITED]

I don't now think Telltale will let us wait longer than that I thought.

I mean, is there someone out there who does NOT want to meet First Citizen Brown A.S.A.P.?

Edited by CJ O'Hummer