:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

I agree with Blue I don't mind not being able to drive, I'm sure the storyline will make up for it. Plus it can't really be compared with the mod cos its a different type of game really.

Edit: Am not against you Kocher, I do like the mod very much in having the freedom to do what I like and using my imagination whilst playing on it.

Edited by littlewyan

I'm not against imagination either. He just annoyed me by talking about it when he doesn't understand that what I meant about my post was that telltale is making something different from us and that adds a bit of variety.

I hate you btw, so I'm not talking to you again. Reply back if you want, I ain't reading it.

Love the way you internet kids claim you hate someone just because of the way someone speaks. Yes they may be annoying but if you look at your attitude snap. Lets not fight people yes(and you don't know who you are but agree to my opinion or i'll moan about you on facebook or sumit :P ) that goes for me too.

Bored now back on topic.

I love the Monkey Island games and this looks the same type of point/click affair but using a new fangled controller with lots of buttons.

Edited by Dave27

As a person who primarily plays RPG,s (Final Fantasy etc) i like games with a good storyline, i like the fact that the storyline in this game takes place 6 months after the movies and at least it will be better than the Back to the Future games of the past .. i also enjoy playing the mod, I say just enjoy the game , to me the story is the most interesting part

Its the internet kids that make me avoid the internet, lol. Yeah, I probably overreacted last night, and I don't really hate him. But I don't want to talk to him if he's going to be like that and annoys me like that, he's staying on my ignore list Not that it really matters since I don't talk much anyway.

Anyways back on topic, but I have nothing to add yet, lol.

EDIT: Spoke too soon. Biff's been revealed even though I wasn't looking for bttf stuff. Go destructoid xD

189248-hd.jpg

http://www.destructoid.com/telltale-reveal...re-189248.phtml

What makes me sad is that Tom Wilson isn't voicing Biff though.

Wait do you guys hate me, I'll try to be less annoying

going to school I'll watch the

lip sync later :D

Telltale also put synopsis's for 5 episodes on their site.

Episode 1: Its About Time

Marty McFly is just getting re-acquainted with the 1980's when the Delorean Time Machine he saw destroyed by a speeding train materializes before him. He finds out that Doc Brown is trapped somewhere in the past and that he must travel back in time to save the Doc's future.

Episode 2: Get Tannen!

While keeping an eye on young Doc Brown's proverbial date with scientific destiny, Marty and 1980's Doc must prevent gang boss Kid Tannen from wreaking havoc on Marty's family, and erasing his girlfriend from the future.

Episode 3: Citizen Brown

After a rough and tumble return to the 1980's, a time-stranded Marty finds himself in a topsy-turvy version of the world lorded over by enigmatic 'First Citizen Brown'

Episode 4: Double Visions

Its time for the Hill Valley Expo! Back in 1986, Marty and First Citizen Brown must join forces to create an epic (really?) invention so that he can prevent the young Emmett Brown from making the worst mistake of his life.

Episode 5: Outatime

Lives are changed, mysteries are solved, and paradoxes are avoided as Young Emmett seals his fate, sending Marty and Doc on a climactic chase through Hill Valley's past, present, and future.

Or to summarize:

Marty goes back to save Doc, they interfere with 1931 Emmett's future and cause an alternate 1986 where Doc rules the world, and Marty has to work with alternate Doc to restore the timeline.

A world ruled by the Doc eh? That could be interesting. I wonder if he'll replace that damn clock in the Clocktower finally.

Sounds like a rehash of the films essentially. Plenty of differences but you can see plenty of similarities to the plots of the films. I can see why BTTF4 never came about, these plots don't seem interesting (at first) but we'd have to see how well it plays out in the games.

Good point,.. but at the same time it should peak ones interest as its the first Licensed BTTF game to possibly succeed at doing the licence justice,.. and not suck as much as the old nes BTTF games

I think its still rather distinct from the plotline of the 3 movies though. Sure, there's similarities, but that was the same for each of the sequels to the first movie:

A teenager goes back to 1955 and must find a way to get his parents together and return to 1985

A teenager must go to 2015 and find a way to help his family and return to 1985, but are surprised when what they return to is not what it seems

A teenager must go to 1885 and find a way to help his old friend and return to 1985

And these are just really simple synopsis's that explain the premises, but not give too much away.

What makes me sad is that Tom Wilson isn't voicing Biff though.

Tom Wilson has washed his hands of BTTF as a whole though hasn't he?

It's very distinct, I was just pointing out how it's possibly just a rehash of the 3 films:

he goes to the past to save doc

accidentally creates a Alternate reality

has to prevent erasing someone from existence

There's plenty of stuff to make it completely distinct but these are what caught my eye the most.

Also here's a paradox: Doc rules the world meaning he didn't create a time machine which means Marty couldn't interfere with Doc's life meaning there wouldn't be an alternate reality meaning I foresee 2 possibilities:

1: telling First Citizen Brown he created a time machine and needs help and he'd merely pass out or

2: Coming to know of his alternate self could create a time paradox, the results of which could cause a chain reaction that would unravel the very fabric of the space time continuum, and destroy the entire universe! Granted, that's a worse case scenario. The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy

The destruction might in fact be very localized, limited to merely our own galaxy
Well that's a relief!

Well, from the sounds of it, like Doc got erased from existence from the sounds of it, as he never came back to the 80's with Marty, and he surely would not loan Marty the time machine like that. But thats just speculation. Don't know what will happen, but it would be interesting to see someone get erased, and then come back. What an intriguing concept thats not a rehash. Marty's friend gets erased and Marty has no idea how to save him, but finds instead an alternate counterpart that would be able to help.

And this is not a case of causing a paradox either, because the two Doc's are not the same, they are from two different realities. Telling first citizen Doc that he created a time machine would not cause a paradox, because this is not the Doc that created the time machine. Its an alternate reality Doc. Having knowledge of someone who looks like you, but is not you would not cause a paradox. Having knowledge of a future version of yourself in the same timeline would.

my brain hurts. But I think a paradox could occur because Marty returns to an alternate version of 1986 with memories of the previous non-existent reality. Time Travel is confusing. So shouldn't Marty's mind be completely erased of memories that technically didn't happen? Or would there be 2 Martys in this reality the Marty we know and an alternate Marty?

I think though paradoxes are addressed in the movies, it really doesn't exist in the movies. Instead, what happens occurs in the movies are alternate realities.

Case in point. Old Biff gives his Young Biff an almanac. Because of that, Doc gets committed to an asylum, and is not able to make a time machine. Because there is no time machine, there is no trip to 2015. Because there is no trip to 2015, Old Biff cannot possibly get an almanac and go back to 1955 to give his younger self the Almanac. Paradox right there. But that doesn't happen. Instead, an alternate reality occurs.

Of course, I doubt the writers really gave much thought into time travel theory...

Its using quite a bit of different theories, so I wouldn't strain your brain against trying to understand time travel in the movies. Reading articles online helps to try to understand it, as there have been many on the web concerning time travel in films and how it fits logically.

They did pretty good with casting. Of course too bad no other BTTF alumni will be in the game other than Lloyd.