This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

When is this gonna be on the PS3

It says released Q4 2010

Whats Q4

Edited by TheCoolest2

When is this gonna be on the PS3

It says released Q4 2010

Whats Q4

Q4 2010 means the fourth quarter of 2010, so anytime between September to December 2010.

still going huh?

As I said earlier, the plate's iconic. not everyone is a die hard but they will recognise that alongside the delorean.

Perhaps were being a little snooty seeing as its encroaching on our territory?

I wouldn't say it's encroaching on anybody's territory. The BTTF: HV mod is completely different from the BTTF game. The HV mod is, by the necessity of the game it's built around, more about the vehicles, the mechanics, the more physical side of Back to the Future. BTTF: The Game is centered more around characters and story.

Speaking of aVailability, the App Store, Steam and PSN services are international. So you can get it one way or another.

So, my whole thing is, Young Doc is supposed to be in the game, right?

If Doc is 65 in 1985, and Marty goes back to 1931..wouldn't that make Young Doc around...6? That seems like it'd hardly been an even worthy character. I mean, at 6 years old? I mean, I know Doc's a freakin genius, but I mean hmm.....it' just doesn't seem like Doc at 6 years old would be a very....plausible character, you know what I mean?

Unless (another theory) The Young Doc they're referring to has ALSO been displaced in time, and both Young and Present Doc (1885 Doc) have both been misplaced in time. That'd be something interesting if Doc and Marty were roughly the same age having to solve puzzles together. I'm also guessing Biff is gonna come in somewhere....(See the chapter name timeline at the end of the trailer)

Very interesting where they could go with this....

1985 (Present in BTTF) - 1920 (Doc's birth year) = 65 (Doc's age)

1931 (BTTF-TG destination time) - 1920 = 11 (Young Emmett's age)... So, a very intelligent kid...

Now, noticing Doc's age... Will we see young Doc reading "20,000 Leagues Under the Sea" in this plot?

well the plate could have easily come off because when the delorean time travelled it was a prototype. it had nefver time travelled before so doc could not have managed to confige it properly. i'd say that the screws were made of a non conductive material or had a oxidised layer ergo no conduction then the plate comes off, but the conductivity only forms a protective layer of flux energy its the wormhole that sends the delorean through time.

Maybe it's customizable? Presumably its role will be like the DeSoto in the Sam&Max series.

@iMaster...

Ah yes, 11 then. Makes a lot more sense! Stupid mental math.

I could see a throwaway gag, should we ever be introduced to Young Doc's living quarters, there'd be a few works of Jules Verne paraphernalia hanging about. ;)

The game looks very promising so far ^^

I just hope that the game doesn't make me go

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

at the end XD

hahaha

-Shizuma-

from Wikipedia

The character was born in the early 1920s

Which would actually make him 65 or younger in the beginning and end of the first film.

Edited by Joe Statler

I don't know if I said this before, but I hope that the parts with the DeLorean time traveling is gameplay and not cutscene. If not, I would have to say that the mod triumphs in that retrospect.

Edited by Joe Statler

Does this mod have Christopher Lloyd or the approval of Bob Gale? No? Didn't think so. :P I really see no reason to badmouth the game, it looks to be the only really good BTTF game ever(not counting the mod).

I disagree that the mod is better in everything. The mod is still buggy as hell, effects aren't as close as telltale's are, they actually have characters that look like the real characters, they use current directx technology instead of the ancient dx8.0, they have a story that is not pulled from the movie.

But, we do have the train, the free-roam (which sadly I'm sick of), the many deloreans from the movies, libyans and the lightning strike run, programmable time circuits, and others.

However having said that, there is no comparison between the two because what we are doing and what they are doing are completely different. The only common thing is that we both have bttf as our source. The mod satisfies those of us who like to have fun in a free-roam environment with deloreans and do whatever we want, whether its picking up hookers, running over cops, or just driving around. The game satisfies those who prefer adventure, story, and characters over the gta-ish free-roam environment.

Whill it be 1 complete game, ore an episode based game? I cant find that out meself

Like a series, yeah. There is no strictly set schedule, but the elbow room is far less than what Valve sets :P

screenshot20101205at214.png

Cool, I thing that I whill wait for the DVD release