:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

Thanks mini me, but if I order the 5 game series, will I have to wait for all 5 series to be released or they send you episode by episode, confused and feel stupid

Edited by TheCoolest2

They're all released at certain times. For example, if it were to be released Nov. 12, then they could release Ep 2 Dec. 12, Ep. 3 Jan 12...they decide the schedule. It probably won't be exactly a month apart.

Thanks!

I love that they got Christopher Lloyd to come back as Doc, though his voice is a little deeper and rougher than it was back then.

I am honestly not surprised that Michael J Fox turned down reprising the voice of Marty. I don't think the poor guy would be able to sit still long enough for the recording sessions. :(

The guy they DID get however...wow. Amazing job from what I can tell so far.

I'm kind of annoyed that the free first episode is PC exclusive, I sure hope that it'll work on my computer. From what I can tell though, it shouldn't be too bad. I just wish they'd have had it ready for when the Blu-rays containing the code for the free episode were out. Kinda silly to have a code and then have to wait for the product. And I sure hope that this'll be out on the PSN, my compy has too little space. :P

You know, at first I was like

OMFG what th- *boom* WHY NOT MAKE IT LIKE THE ORIGINAL MOVIES?

But with Bob Gale and the team being big BTTF fans.. I'm sure this could go well.

WOW!!!! :w00tdance::o

Yeah, cool pics. Still can't hold a candle to this mod though.

If they were smart, they'd stay as far away from TAS as possible.

The predicted minimum system requirements for the first game from Gamesystemrequirements.info.

*Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz / AMD Sempron 3600+

*Memory Ram: 1 Gb

*Hard Disk Space: 2 Gb

*Video: nVidia GeForce 6800 Series 128MB / ATI Radeon X800 GT

*Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

*DirectX: 9

*Keyboard / Mouse

Edited by Joe Statler

i know the game is cartoonie, and i know what kind of games telltale makes, but i was hoping that a more,how to put this, serious or experienced developer to take up such an expected franchise. maybe its just me, but i wanted something a little more accurate to what the characters or the delorean looks like

Hmmmm....Doc looks like Doc, Marty looks like Marty, the DeLorean looks like the DeLorean(complete with Mr. Fusion YAY!), and the time travel effects look awesome. I'm sold. I just hope that they remember Clara, Jules, Verne, and the time train have to exist somewhere. I love the time train. I mean really...who doesn't want a steampunk time machine?

Whoops! I just noticed something! They didn't forget about Clara!! Look at Doc's left hand in the image with him and Marty in what I'd guess is Doc's lab. He has a wedding ring! That's perfect!

I am definitely getting this for the Xbox 360

I know now that the game is not coming to the Xbox 360.

I made a rant about the PC Version that I quickly edited cause I thought it was coming out for Xbox 360.

But since I found confirmation and have been told here that there is no plans for a XBLA release of BTTF I reposted the rant 2 posts down.

Edited by JOHN007

when i thought i was coming out for 360 i changed the post to avoid being called an "butthead" well it looks like either way i was screwed

here was the original post I had

The predicted minimum system requirements for the first game from Gamesystemrequirements.info.

*Processor: Intel Pentium 4 3.0GHz / AMD Sempron 3600+

*Memory Ram: 1 Gb

*Hard Disk Space: 2 Gb

*Video: nVidia GeForce 6800 Series 128MB / ATI Radeon X800 GT

*Sound Card: DirectX Compatible

*DirectX: 9

*Keyboard / Mouse

Are You Kidding ME?!?!?!!?

I need a computer with the power of playing COD: Black Ops just to play BTTF?!?!?!?!!?

my computer gets 1.9GHz tops

IT has the Video Memory, the HDD space etc all but the Processor.

DAMNIT!!!!!!!

BTTF is no reason to go buy a PS3, what does Telltale have against Microsoft?

Why don't they release on Xbox 360?

Is it because they think it will not sell well on a 360?

Trust me if you announce to the world that you're gonna make/release a GOOD Back To The Future Game, on the first week it releases, it would sell more then Monday Night Combat did in a whole Month.

or

Are they afraid that people are gonna pirate the Xbox 360 version of the game?

I got bad news for Telltale

They might as well make the game a PS3 exclusive then, cause People are more likely gonna pirate it for the PC/MAC Version then a Console Version.

If Telltale wanted to Give BTTF to ALL the Fans they would release it to all Consoles: Wii, Xbox 360 and the PS3!

Edited by JOHN007

A Pentium 3 GHz and a 128MB video card is not that bad. For minimum requirements, I mean.

Edited by ELBdelorean

Yeah the min specs are really low. You don't even need 6 year old duel core chip, an ancient single core sempron will do and they cost about £10 to buy or I may have one in a dusty draw somewhere.

The games looks ace. Maybe they'll release it on Xbox on a single disc once all the parts are out?

Get a cheap graphics card then. I've seen 256MB 8400s and 512MB 3450s for $25. If you get that free episode, put that money you saved into a graphics card.

And for reference....

• CPU: Core 2 Duo E6600 or AMD Phenom X3 8750 or better

• RAM: 2GB

• HDD: 12GB of free space

• VIDEO: Shader 3.0 or better; 256MB NVIDIA GeForce 8600GT DirectX 9.0c or better

• SOUND: DirectX 9.0c-compatible

• DirectX: 9.0c

Call of duty needs a 2.4GHZ dual core and not a 3.0GHZ single core, needs twice the ram, needs 6 times the hard drive space and requires a modern graphics card with shader technology that is 2 generations higher and has twice the video memory. That is so not the same power needed by BTTF.

As for why no Xbox or Wii release...

I know it sucks to hear this (I don't own a PS3 either), but in the future you're probably going to see more of Telltale on the PS3 and less (maybe even none at all) on the other two consoles.

Let's look at every episodic series Telltale's done with a planned console release, what service it used, and how the episodes were released.

Strong Bad's Cool Game for Attractive People (WiiWare): Telltale decides the PC and Wii versions of each episode should be released on the same day, and withholds the PC version until the Wii version can come out too. Due to Nintendo's slow approval process, SBCG4AP as a whole (on both the PC and Wii) is delayed two months, and Baddest of the Bands almost isn't released on time. Telltale never tries waiting for the console makers ever again.

Wallace and Gromit's Grand Adventures (XBLA): Due to Microsoft's approval process, the first episode comes out on the 360 two months after its release on the PC. The other three episodes are released on the 360 four months after the series finished on the PC.

Tales of Monkey Island (WiiWare): The Wii release of each episode goes through some sort of delay compared to the PC version, from as little as 11 days (Episode 2) to as much as two months (Episode 5). Each episode also needs to be toned down to fit WiiWare's 40 MB file limit.

(On the subject of WiiWare, note that Puzzle Agent still hasn't come out for it yet. I'm assuming this is the fault of Nintendo, not Telltale.)

Sam and Max: The Devil's Playhouse (PSN): The PS3 version of every episode comes out the same day as the PC/Mac version, without Telltale having to wait on Sony's part or tone the game down to accommodate their service.

Of the three downloadable console game services, PSN just works for Telltale's episodic format better than XBLA and WiiWare. I'm not exactly happy about the apparent PS3 favoritism either, but it makes sense. I can't say I'm surprised Back to the Future is (as far as consoles go) PS3-exclusive. You can count on Jurassic Park being on the PS3 too (although I'm still kindling the hope that one will be on other systems).

That said, CSI: Fatal Conspiracy is going to be on all three consoles, so Telltale clearly hasn't given up on the 360 and Wii yet.

TL;DR

Wii and Xbox have long approval delays (months) that would delay the release of each episode.

Another thing

One main thing to remember is that the PSN allows TellTale to price things as close to their own store! I remember the complaints from Wii owners moaning about having to pay $10 an Episode for Monkey Island and the same from Xbox owners in regards to Wallace & Gromit.

The PSN is the only one that can offer a Subscription based Licence and Package/Bundle Licence, meaning people can pay for the whole season and Download the game episodes when they are released, pretty damn close to how Telltale operates here!

More here: http://www.telltalegames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=20085

Yeah, cool pics. Still can't hold a candle to this mod though.

If they were smart, they'd stay as far away from TAS as possible.

If they were smart they would come on this site and ask what we want in game, we are the biggest bttf fans in the world.

Edited by skypokemon