Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

Sorry for the double post ,but I have a question :

I don't know if Michael J Fox is going to make Marty's Voice ?

Like the Wii version of Ghostbusters the Video Game, I love it!

Is this suppose to be based on the films or the animated series (sarcasm), cause it looks like the animated series.

But really, it looks pretty cool. Telltale is known to do cartoony looking games, so...

Listen to the behind the scenes before asking what its based on.  Its quite clear where it lies in the continuity.  Also read Bob Gale's Q&A.  Thats more of where it lies as well.

And thats why I ignored it and told you to watch and read it because it specifically tells you what its based on.

I'm satisfied with Marty's voice actor, I just hope he gets used to professional voice acting a little more.

sadly, I have to say this whole game is a continuity error waiting to happen.... They said six months after the events of Part 3. And that the delorean would return. IT WAS DESTROYED!!!! So yea, he buys a new one in the future and converts that too.... then what about the JVT? there was no mention of that and another thing, if Doc left the JVT in the future to come back in a new Delorean TM, than the TM should look completely different from it's 1985 counterpart because of new technologies he could use to make it better..... or he just went into Universal Studios and grabbed the keys to the "A" Car

Other than that, I look forward to this game. definitely on my to-buy list.

The Delorean is such an iconic vehicle of the movies that it would make sense for a back to the future game to remake the delorean and feature it in a game. As awesome as the train is, its the Delorean that defines the movies for me as the time machine of choice, so it makes sense for them to bring it back as a 2nd time machine. From what it sounds like, the Delorean has some kind of system that allowed it to time travel to 1985 and find Marty. Don't know much about it, but the possibilities are endless on what happened.

I wouldn't say if you build a new car that it would be completely different. Doc might have built an exact duplicate because he had the blueprints already and it wouldn't take him almost a decade to build (train) and would be faster than if he made new blueprints, and the car didn't really need much changing from the way it was in bttf2, which it was pretty cutting edge then. I don't see why he would change much, other than cover the components in the back, but all the bands, mr. fusion, and the vents would still be there. If something would change a lot, it would be the interior. It already does sound like the car is more advanced then the old one, as it traveled through time remotely and in a way that allowed Marty to easily find it.

As for the story, I would wait. You don't know enough to make any kind of conclusion at all. It just says a delorean comes back and Marty needs to go back in time (past sounds like) to find Doc. No mention of the JVT? Of course not, this wasn't a story behind the scenes. There was no mention of Einstein, Clara, or the boys either. We won't know until much later. So I would not accuse them of anything DK until I know whats going on and not base it off of a sentence from that vid.

Well, what I really was going for in my post is how they'll go about bringing the delorean back. It's like one of them horror series where the killer always dies but somehow comes back with a s**tty explanation as to why (100% the explanation). I just hope they have a good explanation. I'm not p**sed it's back, I'm just concerned on their reason of how it comes back.

Well, if it's anything like Jason, maybe a lightning bolt brought it back :P Giving the scattered remains of the delorean megnetic properties and it just put itself back together :P NOW THAT would be an awesome way for the time machine to return :P

I don't see how you think they have a bad explanation. Theres plenty of good ones too you pessimist :P

Here's....hmm, I'll say a rough draft of one.

After jumping around in time for a bit in the train, Doc got worried that the train would attract too much attention because of its size and the noise it makes, making it easy to spot, so he decided to make another car. The easiest, and less time-consuming one to make, would be the Delorean, as he has the blueprints for it already and would not need to redraw them, so he goes do that. So he takes Clara, leaves the boy behind (but only for a second because....they do have a time machine), and goes to 1985, gets another Delorean, and builds it in Grass Valley (The place where he built the first one and where no one found out). Doc knows a secluded area around there, so he uses that to make temporal excursions back to the past every now and then to see the boys (don't want them mucking around in 1985 quite yet..you know how kids are) and rest up, but overall, it takes 6 months of 1985 time to finish the time machine. After that, Doc takes it to the future, gets all the conversion (alternatively, he would have gotten the parts in the future first and done them in 1985), and goes back to the past, where Clara has taken the train back already, and Doc spends his time blacksmithing and tweaking the machines once again.

Flash forward, oh noes, Doc is in trouble, he sends the machine back to the future, 6 months after the departure date to make sure no paradoxes occur, and Marty finds out and begins TellTale's story.

When is the actual game out again?

I hope that they whill sell it here, if they do, I whill buy it.

Well The official trailer for the game premiers on spike tv December 2, and taletell usually releases their games a week after the trailer so that makes it around December 10, and that is winter so it makes since but this is just speculation.

The delorean does return in all its glory, the original one we know and love too. There is a picture of the in game delorean model on their main website. I assume that Do went back to 1885 after BTTF 3 in the train to retrieve the delorean that's still there, because Doc got stuck by lightning and the delorean and him were sent to 1885, Marty took that delorean years later from the cave and traveled back to save Doc, so now there are 2 deloreans in 1885, and they only used the one Marty brought to go back home, so maybe Doc fixed up the other one? Just a theory.

It's still the same DeLorean, he can't take either of them.

nononono, that would cause a paradox. If doc took the Delorean from 1885, then there would be no delorean in 1955 for Marty to take, so he won't be able to go back to 1885, which means Doc will be killed, and then that means he can't get the Delorean in the first place, so the Delorean would be there, which means Marty can take it, and...well you get my drift.

The film series itself is already full of contradictions. It would be nearly impossible to make a good movie without SOME error in logic.