:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
bluespace88

This is heavy: Telltale making episodic Back to the Future game

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/06/09/this-is-...he-future-game/

bttf6910.jpg

Where Telltale Games is going, it doesn't need roads (because its games are distributed digitally). In addition to the announced Jurassic Park games, the AP reveals that Telltale Games is crafting an episodic game based on Back to the Future, the classic '80s movie trilogy about a time-traveling Delorean, hoverboards, and Nintendo's Wild Gunman (also, people are in it). Telltale has yet to specify gameplay styles, but we expect adventure games similar to Sam & Max, as is Telltale's specialty. We're so pleased Telltale made that deal with NBC Universal.

"The games are going to exist within these worlds," Telltale's Dan Connors told the AP. "I wouldn't call these games sequels per se but a new interpretation of their worlds for a new medium." That means we shouldn't necessarily expect to relive movie moments, but rather experience new stories within the worlds of these games. For Back to the Future, that means that all of human history is open to exploration; for Jurassic Park, it pretty much still means running away from dinosaurs.

The AP notes that both series are due to debut this winter, on the Xbox 360, PS3, Wii, PC and Mac.

Sam and Max!? <_<

So it's going to be as stupid as BTTF TAS? :mellow:

This game reaks of suck already! ;)

Awesome, I can't wait to play in winter during the snowstorms and blizzards!, Sit down, relax!

It would be cool if they thought of it from the GTA Series, wonder if they a KR mod

Edited by TheCoolest2

they are gonna ruin it....

That would be really awesome, though I don't want to be easily disappointed like the NES did, I'll wait till it come out and hear the review about it

Based on their back catalogue, I don't hold out much hope in the graphics department, if you are wanting realistic, look elsewhere.

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
" width="600px" height="361px" allowFullScreen="true" allowscriptaccess="always" />

Looks quite interesting. Don't know how their gunna expand much on BTTF universe that we don't already know. I'll wait and see till I shout their poo or great hmmmmmmm

If done like ghostbusters it could be "fun". But i think the real value is getting a game with freeroam so you can do all the things you've always wanted to do. Thats why this mod will be better than whatever they come up with i can tell you that right now.

maybe they'll do as maxis did with simville and just shut up and start making something else.... don't mess with great movies

Me neither. I'm not looking forward to an even more cartoonic looking BTTF game than ours in GTA does. Especially the CSI game looked stupid (in that vid).

oh come on grim just cause you give someone with limited experience on making games a bunch of money doesn't mean its gonna be great

is that even possible?

And that'd be better - a BTTF game in the Source engine might be cool (how about using the gravity gun in the BTTF universe :D?). However Valve eating Tellgate wouldn't mean it using that engine for sure :P.