:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

My clocktower!

http://isquadssa.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=78028073

I decided to start making places in Hill Valley, the clock-tower is the first place I made, this is a prototype, this one isn't movie accurate in some parts in the building. I'm going to make a new one, enjoy!

P.S. Ignore the website, its not real, me and my friend made it to fool my friends to think we work for the government, they believe it, still do! :lol: :lol: :lol::lol: Anyway, just ignore the website,

PLEASE REPLY ON WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Edited by TheCoolest2

looks good man, you should really try 3ds max tho... what version of sketchup are you using? I can put it in game for you if you want, IF you have the sketchup pro

Look, yes it is nice, and Chico is right... but you need to realize that the clocktower is the most commonly model BTTF related building, and personally I am tired of seeing a million clocktowers, lol, no offence. But like I suggested to Chico, try doing a different building or maybe even a car that hasn't been done yet. Something that may be of use, and even if its not, whatever you do would at least be a change of pace... and what I think is funny is that everyone concentrates on the 1955 or 1985 Hill Valley, and I haven't seen many models or 1885 or 2015...

I think is funny is that everyone concentrates on the 1955 Hill Valley
That's because we're putting 1955 into VC first, so it doesn't really make sense to focus on making models for other eras of Hill Valley... :P

Sorry I wasn't very specific... I wasn't referring to the mod team, I meant the others who aren't part of the team...

This is not the pro version, anyway, I started with clock-tower because I was trying sketch-up and I wanted to make it. That clock-tower is 2015, If you see the front entrance, the rectangles are suppose to be the glass, but the problem is that when filling with black color, it fills the parts of the tower too. This happens because I messed up the rectangles which made it over lap (the cylinders were in the way), so i started a new one and made the 3d building, but the windows and clock and stairs are still flat so it will be easier, when done, I'm gonna pull it to 3d, gonna work on it a little later

Edited by TheCoolest2

I can put it in game for you if you want, IF you have the sketchup pro

Why cant you put it in with the regular version

You need pro to export it to 3ds. Or you can send it to someone with pro (like me) and they can convert it for you.

The majority of sketchup models are a complete waste of time and effort.

What programs would you recommend then?

GMAX (since it's free), 3DS Max, or Cinema 4D (which is what Liam uses).

Gonna look at them thanks

get a free trail and activate anyway you want, no i m not suggesting torrenting i m saying ativate anyway you wat even the craziest thing and actually buy it.

GMAX (since it's free), 3DS Max, or Cinema 4D (which is what Liam uses).

Depends on what you want to make :P

If u want all type of modelling you can use

- 3d Max Studio 2010 (Which is the one Mark, DK, K and Me use)

- Blender

- GMAX

- Cinema 4d

- Zmodeler 1 (Which is the one Carlos use)

- Zmodeler 2

- Car Cad (Take into account this one is pure crap)

And if u want character modelling you can use Poser.

Hope this links help you :P

Edited by Mr. Fusion

Thanks for the links, I really got my eye on 3ds max, looks pretty interesting, But im gonna look at them more

Edited by Mini-Me
Removed the quote, please remember the quoting rules

Sign in to follow this