Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TheCoolest2

BTTF1 DeLorean: Speedboost on keypress

Hay guys, I was wondering if in 0.2f you can give the 1st a Delorean a button to give it a boost of speed, like add KITTs pursuit mode to it because when it reaches 81 mph, it takes like 10 seconds to reach 88 and time travel, I hate that, especially when the cops or Libyans are chasing me, because they crash into me and the car either flips over or get damaged! :angry:

Edited by TheCoolest2

I think this isn't good for mod. This is more exciting, when your rushing to do time travel, you can see all effects, like growing wormhole, just like in a movie. If DeLorean boosts and just reach 88 mph and time travel it would be boring for longer period of time. But boost would be good in BTTF 2 and 3. I tried accelerating to 88 mph on sand and i had problems.

Yah that makes sense, but remember, its an option, like kitt, you don't have to use pursuit mode when driving, you choose to do it, if your in a rush, you use it, if not, don't use it.

Also, I would say it can be useful with the other deloreans, especially on the sand, always going slow then spinning out of control

Edited by Mini-Me
Read the quoting rules!

Not movie canon. The point of the mod is to follow the movies as closely as possible.

There's always the Knight Industries Time Traveler, though.

@TheCoolest: Because DeLorean couldn't drive on sand. And it didn't have any boosters either...

I'm against this idea

Edited by RG

Hay guys, I was wondering if in 0.2f you can give the 1st a Delorean a button to give it a boost of speed, like add KITTs pursuit mode to it because when it reaches 81 mph, it takes like 10 seconds to reach 88 and time travel, I hate that, especially when the cops or Libyans are chasing me, because they crash into me and the car either flips over or get damaged! :angry:

Learn how to drive better then.

The whole time travel sequence only takes about 8 seconds anyway, and that is from a standing start!

@CJ'O Hummer: Since it had different wheels that were made for '55 cars, not '81 half-sports cars

Edited by RG

@CJ'O Hummer: Since it had different wheels that were made for '55 cars

ha, for the mod that's totally wrong. in the original VC there are some cars that can drive on sand, so the mod team replaced one of those models with the BTTF3.

But I don't know if it might be true IRL.

Well, it was mod's/admin's request to post every new idea in a separate topic, so it would be easier to organize..

As for DeLorean driving on sand.. Do you really think it could drive on beach sand, especially when VC's physics is "all or nothing", you can't slowly accelerate.

I guess his PC is too slow for the mod. It is probable that the huge effects give it much to do, thus slowing down the game and making it last ages for him to reach the 88 ;).

i wish the coolest would stop posting random ideas like this, can't he at least centralise it in one topic?

RG is right, it says in the rules to post each thing seperately, anyway, it was just a suggestion i made

I guess his PC is too slow for the mod. It is probable that the huge effects give it much to do, thus slowing down the game and making it last ages for him to reach the 88 ;).

My computer is not slow, its fast, if it was going slow, my game would lag, and it only lagged twice since I was using the mod, it doesn't lag when using the bttf 1 delorean.

Anyway, this was only a suggestion, I figured it would be nice if you needed to get out of a big situation, like cops crashing in to you or the lybians shooting, etc.

And Mike, I drive great, its just when the cops bang into you, your car goes out of control, so i figured a boost of speed can be good to get out of that situation.

Edited by TheCoolest2

coolest post your specs then, and this is not really something that should be on the delorean after all, its not going to have boost or nitro. if you really want nitro for the delorean there is a trainer which gives you a speedboost i dont remeber its name but get that.

Edited by ♠Grim♂ Reaper 1666◙

Sounds like he still needs to learn how to drive, I never have probs... and About the sand thing... The BTTF3 Del could drive on sand IRL cause of the tires, they were of a thicker thread, allowing it to have more grip, thus providing the ability to remain stable during off road conditions and be able to accelerate to 88 mph.

967.jpg

VS.

15Delorean2.jpg

Look at the tread difference.

About the sand thing... The BTTF3 Del could drive on sand IRL

sure, but I wondered if the REGULAR DeL could. I knew that the BTTF3 could (because I watched BTTF3, :P).

Regular Del... I doubt it, the tires it has + the fact that it is rearwheel drive AND the engine is rear-mounted would give it too much wieght... It would have needed the thicker tread tires. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Edited by Ziero

well, theres a difference between beach sand and desert sand. Beach sand is much looser than the sand in the desert and not as dry.

Technically speaking, the bttf3 delorean has worse handling than the standard because of the rear wheels. The rear wheels on a regular delorean are wide to counter the oversteering effects from having a rear mounted engine. If they were roughly the same size, as on a Porsche, it would make it easier to spin out, like the older Porsches. And its because of these rear wheels that the Delorean rather understeers.

Sign in to follow this