Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
backtothedelorean

BTTF3 DeLorean: keypress to swap tires

As seen before in many police chase videos cars are able to move with only rims, though not as well as vehicles with tires.

Edited by Joe Statler

is it possible that when you make the bttf3 delorean when on foot you press a button that takes off the wheels and put rr wheels

I'm sorry, but that's not movie accurate.

I guess he means something like that:

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=270225&p=3

If it's meant that way, it might be impossible to be done.

cjohummer that is exactly what i ment about the delorean and it is movie accurate that the bttf3rr doesnt drive, just get pushed is what i ment

Edited by backtothedelorean

That's because of the lack of Gasoline in 1885. So really, to be movie accurate it shouldn't move under it's own power at all... (hence the Train)

Any chance of adding the fuel thing again. I liked that it made it more realistic unless it causes lots of hideous bugs then nevermind :)

Hm, maybe I might rewrite the fuel system to accept more than two cars, but this wont become part of the mod and will only be posted on my bttfhv blog.

Yeah, have the "Fuel Script" separate from the mod, and have it as a "At your own risk" kind of add-on.

No, Blue said it conflicted with the new multiple time machines feature, but I just can't remember why exactly.

is the reason why it was removed cos the animations make the fuel go to a random amount when switching driving to flying and vise versa for the tms

Edited by backtothedelorean

no i don't think so. i m sure it was beause they needed the global variable for the multiple time machines feature and i dont think there should be a keypress to turn the bttf3 del into the rr because doc would have changed more than the wheels it would have been a garage job(doc would have had to done all the changes himself.

I remember now, the Past and Future DeLoreans feature meant we needed a global variable, so fuel went.

Yup, I agree ;). If we added a keypress to change them, we'd end up doing that for all the stuff (Mr. Fusion, hover conversion, 1955 chip replacement parts...).

back offtopic:

No, we can have as much global variables as we want :D.

I think that bttd is right. There's a lot of cases in that we destroy cars (just open the 0.2e main.scm and search for Car.Destroy ;)) and for each we'd have to tell the thread to keep the current amount of fuel.

Also, that thread was limited to two cars and thus wasn't realistic -> if we wanted more realism, the issue above had to be fixed first.

So the easiest solution was to remove this (to save coding space). Additionally Marty never had problems with empty fuel, apart from when the native Americans destroyed the gas pipe (hm, could needa better translation) and that will nevertheless be part of the missions later on.

While it is somewhat NOT movie accurate, there is a free key open for the Part III, Num5, the same key to institute flight on the Part II and connect to the Train in the Oxnard DeLorean

Any videos under Mikes account are not official videos. So with that knowledge "Fuel" feature is still unsupported/not going to be in 0.2f feature.

Just to confirm what PC posted, any videos on my personal account are not official.

All official videos are posted via the BTTFHillValley YouTube Channel.

No, really :P?

I just wanted to say we could make this a CLEO Add-On, but then I remembered we can't just replace the car and thus have to create a new timetravel thread (so from the CLEO one of the SCM) for this, what might either be very hard, or even impossible.

Edited by Mini-Me

Sign in to follow this