:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
chico688

my 1985 Hill valley Clocktower Model

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/ch.../ingamewoot.jpg

In game woot! just need to fix glitches

YAY! in game!

this is realy cool. the high school is really coming into shape, i can see there is still a few tweaks to do, but hey, at least theres progress (unlike 0.2f <_< .......LOL :P JK) , and don't worry Evil Morning Operator, i have already got the campus map.pdf, ill send it to chico688 when he is next online.

and yes mike, i do realise the interior is a different model, or models, but im not very familiar with interior models, are they any different from normal models? all i know is that they are in there own IDE and the other one i cant remember right now. and in the default.ide is where they are told whether it is an interior IDE or not.

if anyone knows more about interiors, i would really like to know how they work. thanks

:D thanks guys, really appreciate the support! actually working on a new clocktower, but I am probably NOT going to release it, unless someone really wants it.. due to the fact, they have already made one. I just was bored with the one from 0.2e, and I am really just trying stuff out getting used to 3dsmax. I will be more than happy to make stuff by request, add me on msn, tell me what you want and i'll make it, I've got getting it in game and texturing thanks to.... Mike, Microman, Evil morning Operator, and Bttf Forever.. thank you guys in you're continued support and help. It means alot. could NOT of done/learned this with out you guys ;)

sure, why not

best trick is to make 1/2 models and make different textures for those 2 models then you have a way of having different buildings which use the same model (keep them the same model name for each model then in your map editor when you tell it which txd to use you have different txds with textures in them the same name as what they are on the model and then different buildings with the same textures).

HMM, haven't thought of that before.. good idea :)

I probably won't release this, unless someone wants it (I'm doing it for practice)

here

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/chico688/clock.jpg

The only reason I'm against any other courthouse other than the one already in the mod is cause the one in the mod has a working clock (during specific timelines...)

The only reason I'm against any other courthouse other than the one already in the mod is cause the one in the mod has a working clock (during specific timelines...)

That, and Liams clocktower's are 99.9% accurate to the movie :P

Liams clocktower's are 99.9% accurate to the movie :P

I'll say 97%, because i have see a big detail Liam didn't correct and I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about

@Mr. Fusion: The only inaccuracy Liam's Clocktower would have would be one you put there yourself. There is absolutely nothing wrong with his models.

Only difference I see is the fact that it's not real, and it's still barely noticeable.

I'll say 97%, because i have see a big detail Liam didn't correct and I'm pretty sure he knows what I'm talking about

I'd say you have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

And 97% is enough I think -_____-

We will not spend 15 years of the downtown , no ?

Eh? Why don't you say what it is, instead of being vague about it?

I'd say you have no idea what you are talking about. ;)

Eh? Why don't you say what it is, instead of being vague about it?

Yes sorry Liam i wasn't reading this post :P

Well see the Clocktower:

1. Second Floor, Front Windows

In the pure front of the tower the second floor windows are not correct

window.jpg

2. Gargoyles Details

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...x.php?cs=570925

They have some detail in the face, body detail you easily can fix.

http://www.bttfhillvalley.co.uk/forum/inde...=si&img=148

3. The Roof

I hope you can see the diference

roof.jpg

Liam your model is awesome, maybe you can change what i say. Sorry if this annoy you

EDIT- 4. i forget about the small lights that are near the clock

Edited by Mr. Fusion

Eh, it's good enough for me. Liams has already been to hell and back with both myself and DK nitpicking the s**t out of it so excuse him if he doesn't want to make any further changes.

Oh, by the way, each time he goes back to make a change on a model, that delays progress on the rest of the models he has to make for the square. You can't have it both ways, we will be here forever if everyone keeps picking at things that need changing.

Ok, I see now.

All these are easy fixes with the exception of the gargoyles and roof ledge. I have no intention of touching the gargoyles for a long, long time and the roof ledge has been changed time and time again (although I will add the extra light brick work).

I'll probably make these changes some time in the future once the 1955 downtown area is complete but like Mike and Microman indicate, constant edits always end up being counter-productive.

Sorry I keep showing clock tower pics but I am still practicing, but am FAR better than I was (keep in mind only been modeling since the beggining of this week) Micro man I must give very much credit to for his help on this one... he made the stairs on it, the rest I made on the 1885 model. Before I start making generic houses for the mod (if I am allowed to) I wanted to maximize my skills here we are....

http://i882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/ch...88/1885bttf.jpg

P.S. Ignore the lamp posts :D Haven't completely removed them yet

@Chico688: About your 1885 Courthouse... I've heard that this is for SA... If that rumor is indeed true, then I must commend you efforts. It is very nice for a first attempt. I've been talking to BTTF Forever about you Hill Valley High, and I hope that he has told you about me. I can help you in you endeavors in VC. TTYL.

My clocktower is for SA , but this one can be placed in VC I think :)

Sign in to follow this