Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
chico688

my 1985 Hill valley Clocktower Model

I had something I thought I would like to share. It is my first model in Gmax so please be easy on me. It is the 1985 Hill valley Clock tower. It took about 4 hours to get to the place that I am at, (mainly because I have never used gmax) the only problem is I have no idea on how to get it in game, I don't really know how Kam's max scripts work for vc. thanks :)

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/ch...=clocktower.jpg

Not needed, the mod team already has their clocktower for the mod. Show something they haven't done or go away.

dude..... it was for personal use. I just wanted to show it. jeeze. Whats with the hostility honestly dude.... If I thought it was usable I would of said so. Did I? No, Their model is obviously better than mine, but It doesn't mean you have to assume that I want them to use it.

Edited by chico688

Looks like Ziero is taking my role at being an ASS HOLE! ,I happen to like his model it seens to have potential in the modeling of something different that they haven't already done,I'd like to see more of your work,try and model something else

Well thank you Jen, thats more in the line of what I was expecting hear haha. I would be more than happy to model something different since you put it that way..... thanks:)

thanks RG :) , I actually started on Hill Valley High school here are some progress Pics

http://s882.photobucket.com/albums/ac24/ch...illvalleyhs.jpg

Edited by chico688

wow, the high school is coming along great!

you are great at modeling! much better then i am, i just like modeling in *cough* sketchup *cough*, because i make custom levels in super mario 64.

maybe we could use your skills....in the future!

Thanks everybody, ;) Im gonna definatly try to make some more models (that haven't been used yet) I will keep you guys updated... thanks for the support!

Edited by chico688

the only problem is I have no idea on how to get it in game, I don't really know how Kam's max scripts work for vc.

Is pretty simple, you can do the model's textures in Paint shop pro or Photoshop, Remember the model need to have shades or it won't look right in game. Also you will need to Prelit it (Go to GTAForums.com for learn how to) whit 99,99,99 settings, then on the exporter, Click on VC and VCOL, Select the model and push EXPORT IT. Remember the Poly limit can't be high of 65K

EDIT - I may make a tutorial for how do it

EDIT 2 - Thanks DK, i am not gonna make the tut after all

Edited by Mr. Fusion

hahahahahahahahaaaa. wow what a great explanation <_< I'll post my vid tutorial later :P (I made it for mike and LGisby when I left the team)

:D yes! thank you, I really would love how to learn to do that, its been on my "to learn" list for a loooooong time now, thank you!

I liked the High School, and I apologize for my earlier comment, I was a bit rude. But yeah, the HS was really nice and I wouldn't mind seeing more, perhaps the Twin Pines farm or mall?

Its ok buddy ;) sure I wouldn't mind starting on that, I'll start now, I still am having LOTS of problems getting them in game though. if anyone wants to help add me on msn, I'll be sure to let anyone get a copy of the models if I can get it in game. thanks.

Its ok buddy ;) sure I wouldn't mind starting on that, I'll start now, I still am having LOTS of problems getting them in game though. if anyone wants to help add me on msn, I'll be sure to let anyone get a copy of the models if I can get it in game. thanks.

use Med or Ked... and don't trust Mr. Fusion, he is rather annoying/ if you don't believe me, you'll find out for yourself...

and don't trust Mr. Fusion, he is rather annoying/ if you don't believe me, you'll find out for yourself...

oops too late.... found out... you wouldn't believe the mess I went through.... but I'd rather not talk about it :angry: unless you really wanna know... and I REALLY think you DON'T.... wish I hadda got that warning before.

oh and about med or ked... I probably should have worded that better.... I won't have problems adding it to the map. It is getting it converted to .dff properly without vice city crashing at the loading bar. I just know there is a step I am missing, any help would be appreciated... just add my email from my profile to msn messenger.

thanks in advance.

Edited by chico688

oops too late.... found out... you wouldn't believe the mess I went through.... but I'd rather not talk about it :angry: unless you really wanna know... and I REALLY think you DON'T.... wish I hadda got that warning before.

:huh: What happened?

I don't think he want to tell that :P. But ohwell.

Chico if ya using gmax and can't export the models to .dff then I know what the problem is. I had that problem aswell. Try converting it into an .3ds file and try to open that in 3ds or ask somebody else.

Gmax, for some reason, doesn't allow you to export in .dff. It doesn't like you I think :P Nah just kidding. I've moddeled with Gmax aswell and it didn't wanted to export the .dff files right. Don't know, but I think the kams script is bugged with gmax.

So take my advice and try it with 3ds max ;)

No, I will tell what he wanted but not on the forums.... because there are... well.. minors. but yeah anyways. I use gmax.. it is a pain in my butt. It will give me a .dff BUT it crashes vc. I talked to trance on Msn he said it is more than likely the fact that I was not using a collision file. (also hadn't made the ipl and ide files yet) so I put the .ide and .ipl in the folder I made and the instead of the loading bar crashing in the middle... it now crashes towards the end. so I from what I can tell, that made a difference but i dunno how to make a collision file correctly, any ideas?

oh.. and I don't have 3ds.. too poor :'(

Edited by chico688

Add me on MSN if you like and I'll take a look at it, I know a little of getting models into VC now thanks to Dragon Kings excellent tutorial video he made when he left the team.

Sign in to follow this