:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

Doc using the DeLorean or the Time Train while Marty doesn't

Is it possible to make something like that:

While Marty walks around or uses a Non-TM vehicle, Doc could use the DeLorean or the Time Train, and while he does he could also use the Hover Conversion and/or TT. Maybe he could also refuel the nuclear reactor and the Mr. Fusion.

If that's possible, would it also be possible to convert Marty to a passenger for the time Doc drives/flys the DeLorean/Time Train?

EDIT: This refers to the times when you are NOT on a mission.

That would be awesome! And maybe other wise to? When marty is driving/flying that doc's a passenger :D

You mean like in the "Ride" mission? Yeah, that would be great. [EDIT: Since Marty is the Character you move with the controls, Doc will be the passenger anyway when Marty does the driving.]

Anyway, I guess a big, maybe also "hardcoded" problem is that the "passenger" doesn't have to disappear during the conversion (I once used a cheat [don't know which one, I used it by a trainer] that turned the character into a womanizer and attracted women also got into the the DeLorean, BUT: when I switched to the flying DeLorean the passenger's seat was empty again).

The problem that a passenger gets removed from the car at the hover conversion could easily be fixed in SA, but in VC it is a little harder. We can't just save any random actor in the car, only if we have someone special.

So it might work if we created a Doc that follows you (or even is helpful). So far about the hover conversion problem.

But what exactly did you mean with your first post? Shall he just randomly take a TM and travel around, when you aren't in one? Or shall he just follow you?

I suppose randomly, like you're just driving around town and suddenly you see the DeLorean or train (either driving or flying) and Doc might time travel (already speeding or starting from a complete stop), reload Mr. Fusion, take off into the sky, something only Doc could do.

The first letdown I see is trying to teach the engine how to use the throttle on the time machines, being a completelly custom function.

what exactly did you mean with your first post? Shall he just randomly take a TM and travel around, when you aren't in one? Or shall he just follow you?

I suppose randomly, like you're just driving around town and suddenly you see the DeLorean or train (either driving or flying) and Doc might time travel (already speeding or starting from a complete stop), reload Mr. Fusion, take off into the sky, something only Doc could do.

The first letdown I see is trying to teach the engine how to use the throttle on the time machines, being a completelly custom function.

Well, just as Carlos said, when Doc uses the DeLorean/Time Train on his own, it should be randomly (e.g. like in the scene when he goes to the future after he dropped Marty at the "McFly Residence" in the Lyon Estates settlement [OR like BIFF did when he stole the DeLorean]). Plus, Marty has to be a PASSENGER as long as Doc is driving/flying the used TM (because maybe "something has got to be done about your kids").

Hmm, sounds interesting.

Shouldn't we keep that to special dates then? E.g. when he picked up Marty because "something has got to be done about your kids" or he returned with the TimeTrain a.s.o.? So that when we have completed the mission and you go back to that time the mission automatically plays itself, if not on mission. I guess that's nearly the same and better tmm..

And this however might only happen in a lot later versions, when we already have maps/missions.

Hmm, sounds interesting.

Shouldn't we keep that to special dates then?

Maybe, maybe not. You know, there's that translation difference when Doc shows Marty the newspaper with the EMMET BROWN COMMITTED headline (original dub: and this happens to me, German synchronisation dub: and in that future this happens to me).

So Doc might return to the lab after he dropped Marty at the "wrong address", then he might go to the library to break in and maybe he'll then make the one or other TT to find out what "happens next" in 1985A, just as he did in 2015.

EDIT: best idea is this: during the missions it should be kept to the special dates, but as soon as the final mission is finished, it should be randomly.

looks great but there are problems, if they want to do this on special dates (eg NOV/12/1955) should not have cars because the main problem is that GTA: PC handles the car imagining all, if leave your course, he try again on his way, then lose all speed and not to travel or do not arrive on time. if they do on the road as was the main idea, there will be more than 2 trains / DeLoreans at the same time and may be handled by another person (I call this shadow clones)

I hope you understand me

I thought that the rule doesn't work if the quote has been shortened.

that's right RG, if you just refer to a part of the post before your own post, you may quote that part.

looks great but there are problems, if they want to do this on special dates (eg NOV/12/1955) ....

Nov 12 1955? The 1955 Doc wouldn't use the DeLorean for driving and TT at all!!

I hope you understand me

no, I don't, sorry, but I think you should give me a better explanation.

well, forget my example, the error is the movement and the clones of the characters, that's it, I always write something great and I never understand :(

I think what he means is that the traffic can disturb Doc so he wont reach 88 m/h due to the game's bad driving intelligence.

But if you look at "The Ride", I think that's not entirely true...

yeah, but in "The Ride" there's one big difference to what I mean: during the whole ride Doc doesn't drive, he only sets the TCs for Marty. Even when uses the DMC13 TM after the ride, he's using the hover conversion, so he doesn't drive at all.

Anyway, could the traffic be improved generally? Let's say you make a lot of traffic for Rush Hour, a little less traffic during the whole day and almost no traffic at night?

EDIT: that'd look like this:

6:30 - 9 am: lots of traffic

9 am - 4 pm: less traffic than it's currently

4 - 7:30 pm: lots of traffic

7:30 pm - 6:30 am: almost no traffic

Edited by CJ O'Hummer

Sign in to follow this