Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
RG

DeLorean flying backwards

Not much of a request, but anyway.

In BttF 2, when Biff stole the DeLorean, he took off and then went backwards while flying (just to crash trash containers though). So I thought, would it be possible to make DeLorean fly backwards?

Kinda seen here: http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=189500&p=2

On the other hand, it makes me wonder how did it move backwards, if it didn't have any boosters on the front-end...

Edited by RG

Normal cars can go backwards so why won't flying cars?

lol, I always thought biff just sucked at driving, like when he's driving young biff home in his car and is going all over the place i always lol when i see that, but yea its not backing up old biff just sucks at driving, delorean or otherwise lol *its cuz he's old!!!* :lol: :lol: :lol:

it makes me wonder how did it move backwards, if it didn't have any boosters on the front-end...

there must have been some. watch that scene (thats only a screenshot, but it should give you enough information about the scene I mean) and listen to the sounds while watching.

well the delorean doesn't have reverse boosters so no.

Maybe it doesn't need it, maybe there's somethings else that helps going it going backwards.

Something we don't know it's there.

Plus, how do you explain non-DeLorean-2015 cars going forward then? None of those had rear or front boosters.

actually there jets/boosters fold out (dmc 13 sure its not real but the 2015 police had fold out jets) and when youre flying there is no need to go backwards its quicker to do a 180 degree turn.

2015 cars still didn't have any horizontal boosters, so they moved forward/back in some different way than tilting forward/back like a helicopter.

Just say they reverse like how Star Trek Ships do. The impulse engine alters the particle flow, causing a pulling action.

I Think while in driving mode Biff backed up a little bit then switched to hover mode since the car was going back words it could have gently glided back? I tried it on the san andreas back to the future mod and it does that effect. ;)

As I now do have a copy of the whole trilogy..

Well, Biff got into the car, the rear-end lifted up a bit, then it drove back (with front tires on ground, but since DeLorean is a rear-wheel-drive car, it doesn't matter). It then lifted completely off the ground and went backwards to crash the trash cans. No tilting-up front-end, no boosters, no anything.

Also noticed that Biff wasn't using the rear boosters all the time to ascend.

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=190625&p=2

Edited by RG

if you look carefully just before he started to take off the rear wheels reversed. so that motion would have carried on during the hover conversion.

You guys are also forgetting another flying backwards scene. When Doc and Marty go back to 1955 from 1985-A. The DeLorean went from 88 to 0 then backwards about two feet and landed, and the only tilting it did was forward probably because of the built up momentum. It was just backwards propulsion, effectively making any tilting/already moving backwards arguments moot. Check the Frame By Frame

Frame by Frame on Outatime.it

Edit: The center image is when it was completely stopped

Edited by hscitpe

Forgot about this one, it shows the non-tilting-moving even better. :)

if you look carefully just before he started to take off the rear wheels reversed. so that motion would have carried on during the hover conversion.
Even if the wheels helped with going back, it didn't accelerate so much it would go back and crash those garbage containers/blocks with such speed and force. Edited by RG