Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

should the wanted levels be kept in BTTFHV

I remember that there was a topic with the question if the wanted levels should be kept in the mod, and I just can't find it.

Anyway, I had an idea about that wanted level thing: they should be kept, BUT they should only be used in 1985A.

So Marty can go around in 1985(normal) and hit everyone and nobody would care? Better then move all weapons to 1985A only (not counting places where guns would be needed in misisons), and lock Marty's ability to hit (is it even possible?).

I can lock weapons and make Marty's punch not kill anyone at all.

The only time Marty uses a gun is in bttf3, and thats going to be like the shooting practice in the original game.

I can lock weapons

:ermm: Will at least Mad Dog Tannen (1885), Doc (1885, 1955 & 1985) and the Libyans (1985) be able to use them?

The only time Marty uses a gun is in bttf3

well, he kinda also does in BTTF2 (Cafe of the 80's, Wild Gunman, but he doesn't use a real gun at least)

No offense or anything but.. that would be kinda dumb. I actually like to run around in the game and use the weapons and kill the cops and bunch of people and run them over just to get all 5 wanted stars.... then after I do that I go to a different time period. lol :)

what about if the mod has a libyan mode where the guns arent locked?

Well yeah that would be cool. Just having the guns in one particular time period would be a pain in the arse but the libyan mode would be good

thats not Marty. Thats more like Tommy.

very true.

By the way, Blue, let me make a little summary of the things to be done:

- wanted levels only in 1985A

- Marty can't use any weapons and when he punches someone he can't kill them (except in 1985A, is that possible?

- 1985A: once Marty leaves his "home" he's chased by Biff's employees (which are in this case his bodyguards as well as the police and the military)

what about if the mod has a libyan mode where the guns arent locked?

First: A LIBYAN MODE would NOT be MOVIE ACCURATE.

And Second: It would need too much CODING SPACE.

@CJ O'Hummer:

If you got that idea (of the other topic about this) from an other context, you wont be able to find it here because that topic was in the old forum ;).

I think by locking the weapons Blue meant that there will be no weapon pickups and the cheats are disabled (what they are at all in v0.2f).

I'm not sure what I should think about other methods like once you pickup a weapon the code takes it from you again or similar. On the one hand, a guy running around and shooting people isn't marty and on the other, I'm not that a fan of engine hacking (whatr probably is required for this idea) as it is a huge stability issue.

oh its easy. Just code it so if you have any weapons, it gets rid of it.

:weapon

wait 10

if

Player.Defined($PLAYER_CHAR)

jf @weapon

01B8: set_player $PLAYER_CHAR armed_weapon_to 0 

03B8: clear_weapons_from_player $PLAYER_CHAR 

jump @weapon

in fact, to make it even more foolproof, thats a code I can add to the C++ dll, and only disable it under certain conditions if needed.

I guess, for me this will result countless tries to get weapons back

If someone tried to edit the code out, wouldn't it break the time circuits amongst other things? That should be enough of a deterrent.

Oh well then, it leaves us with option to drive everyone over with DeLorean.

good luck with the cops. Then again, I probably won't be around long enough to see this part through.

If someone tried to edit the code out, wouldn't it break the time circuits amongst other things? That should be enough of a deterrent.

This is the reason why I don't edit SCMs. They always fail on me.

editing dll's will be an even bigger fail since its going to be hex editing.

as for archer......no one said they we were removing wanted levels. This is only an idea.

It's a stupid idea, I say leave them in, for once don't think about movie accuracy and leave something FUN in.

Skypokemon, you've got to be one of the dumbest freakin people on the planet!

Sign in to follow this