:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Handling

I agree. Just the perfect handling we're looking for. :D

Just wanna ask, are the handling of all other cars really changed?

Reinstalled the mod just to test out the handling. Seems to be perfect, at least it acts like a real car now. Still feels a bit too slow on acceleration though.

BTW, is the game supposed to spawn a new player when you press N? :huh:

Its not though. I timed it last time and it takes roughly 10 seconds to get to 60, which is like the real car without the added 200kg of time machine parts

In SA's environment, it seems to be way too slow, I mean, getting away from cops(the ones who get attracted by a new spawned Del) isn't even possible 'cause they are driving ahead of me.

take a crown vic for example. 4.6L v8 developing 250 hp vs a 2.8L v6 developing 130 hp. Electronically limited to 135mph, but of course in SA, no such thing as electronic limiters.

They weren't made in '80s though.

And who said Doc didn't change the engine of DeLorean? I don't know if it's said somewhere that he didn't

The original Delorean could go to 88 mph just fine, so that was the least of his worries. He spent his entire family fortune on making it to a time machine and is now living out of a garage.

The Ford LTD Crown Victoria was built from 1983-1991 and used by cops. It has either a 4.9L or 5.8L v8.

The Ford LTD Crown Victoria was built from 1983-1991 and used by cops. It has either a 4.9L or 5.8L v8.

Hmm, indeed. Yet the acceleration is pretty slow compared to other SA cars, that aren't even close to a sports car.

Edited by RG

well yeah, the Delorean's engine produces only 130hp. Thats as much as a modern day Toyota Corolla. As most car journalists in the day said, its more of a GT car then it is a sports car.

I noticed that the acceleration is good form 25mph onwards, but 0 to 10 is like there's two guys at the back of the car trying to push it forward.

Top speed is set to 124, I guess

Edited by RG

Yeah, its rather slow at the start, but can't really change that. I even enabled the 1g and 2g acceleration flags.

(automatic, but close enough)

" width="600px" height="361px">
" />
(197 hp stage 2 engine)

Probably not the best times, but Marty's still a teenager and I doubt Doc ever had a career in driving cars.

Edited the handling on my Del so it does 0-60 in 7.5 seconds. Not way faster, but there is notable difference in 0-15

good. Most cops in real life ARE faster than the delorean.

But they don't drive that fast that they would outrun and miss him, or hit him head-on without slowing down not caring what would happen to the criminal and to himself, don't they? :P

real life cops are smarter than SA cops, so you have no worries about SA becoming sentient, kill you, then try to take over the world by building a world made of machines whose goal is to annihilate humanity.

Sometimes :D. I don't watch them, I only hit the gas.

Nevertheless, how should a computer have a mind :P.

Didn't he say "good electronics"?

EDIT: Wha, bad translation :(. In the German synchronization he says "good electronics", but in the original what you said.

Sign in to follow this