:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
bluespace88

Delorean Handling

rtart41x1.jpg

So it does understeer more...

rtdec81d1x1.jpg

The salom pretty much confirms what it felt like when i was trying to induce a spin, which involved a lot of correcting, then more correcting.

Liftoff at high speeds is as I expected, producing an oversteer.

So from what I gather, and tested, the Delorean is not your regular rr drive car. It mostly understeers due to its rear wheels and its quite hard to get the rear end out. It brakes in a straight line, as long as you don't turn. The front wheels will lock up first before the rear wheels. At high speeds, its rather twitchy and can kill you for that, and thats due to the suspension combined with the rr layout. Saloming can also cause the car to lose control due to the rapid weight transfers on the suspension.

i think you should stop the speedo from going over 88

Also I hate the idea to fix the speedo to max. 88 mph :P. Might be that it is what Doc did to it, but I don't like it because it makes no sense to me.

Done it before (max in 88). Liked it in the first 5 minutes then began hating it in the rest of the 20 minutes that I decided to remove the damn limit.

It makes sense IF it's in a movie, to emphasize the importance and "magic" of 88. In a game where the De Lorean's speed is completely controllable, it's not a good idea. It would spoil the gameplay for many.

I can give you the script for the 88 mph limit, if you want. (a speedometer-only-appears-in-DeLorean limit is also included)

thats what i've been saying. The movie was just emphasizing the 88 mph during those two scenes, and no where else in the 3 movies.

because its possible to put .dll scripts into vice city and san andreas could things like the speedo be put in there with a texture (like the speedo box in the delorean with the text coded like that)?

Not even make the digit texture better? Looks kinda blurry/pixel-ized to me

I'd rather do stuff like put bttf1 deloreans in and code sparks for bttf3 then worry about those little things.

because its possible to put .dll scripts into vice city and san andreas could things like the speedo be put in there with a texture[...]

You know, CLEO offers loading and using txd archives, so you wouldn't need any extra .dll ;).

how about this one.

SPOILER:
BULLET	1400	5000	1.0	0	-0.30	-0.10	75	0.85	0.70	0.48	5	200	20	100	R	P	4.5	0.60	0	30	0.75	0.115	0	0.20	-0.20	0.4	0.5	0.15	0.50	45000	40001014	01000003	0	1	1

Edited by Mini-Me
stupid board is stretched otherwise <_<

Awful. Its very heavy steering, like driving a tank at 90mph!

Way too much understeer, and the backend doesn't feel like it wants to kick out as you'd expect from a delorean.

I much prefere the handling line at the top of this page.

Thats because of the lotus handling. The fat rear tires cause it to understeer.

Technically, at higher speeds, its more likely to oversteer, but I can't replicate it yet with sa physics.

It should be that hard to steer in real life, but for sa purposes, i agree, it understeers too much compared to the rest of the sa cars.

I also had a go with it around the nurburgring and its very forgiving at low speeds with no tendency to kick the back end out, except under braking and throttle liftoff (which I can't replicate with SA)

Don't tell me theres a Nurburgring mod for SA! :lol:

Or are you converting the handling lines from Gran Torismo 4?

umm, converting what i feel from gt4

of course, its hard when the computer can't handle ps2 emulation. I'm still waiting for my vga box that way i can play it from a real ps2.

Besides, the car's not supposed to be that manueverable. Only pulls a 0.77 on the skidpad, which is only 0.04 more than a Camry.

The Delorean felt really composed in gt4, aside from understeering sometimes. Then again, this is the refurbished delorean with the 197hp engine and new suspension, so it handles better than the original as well, since its lower on the springs. Then again, so was the bttf deloreans because of all the weight......

So I finally got a vga box, so I could actually play gt4 on my ps2. Did a few laps around the nurburgring in the 197hp lowered Delorean, got an 8:45 on the last run, but it can be done faster, and here's what I noticed:

-The Delorean understeers, but not that badly as some other cars.

-I noticed no oversteer tendencies, even when lifting off and braking around a corner, unless the speed is too high.

-Steering is rather easy, so I'll be fixing that

-Bumps do tend to cause the Delorean to oversteer since it causes momentary loss of traction.

So I think I'm going to use that last handling I posted and tweak it slightly so it can steer better, or at least the same as regular cars.

Steering was the worst problem with the last Handling line. It did understeer eventually, but only at 200mph+!

haha, thats because the controller settings were all wrong on the ps2 emulator. Try this out. The turning mass is now back to what it was.

SPOILER:
BULLET	1400	3500	1.0	0	-0.30	-0.10	75	0.85	0.70	0.48	5	200	20	100	R	P	4.5	0.60	0	30	0.75	0.115	0	0.20	-0.20	0.4	0.5	0.15	0.50	45000	40001014	01000003	0	1	1

Edited by Mini-Me
stupid board is stretched otherwise <_<

That handling line is perfect! It corners well, especially when speeding.

Once you get to the corner and you lift off the power and touch the handbrake, when you immediately

put the power back on, it slides round the corner effortlessly!

And the best part is, if you leave the power on too long, it spins out. It feels so real to drive. :D

Edited by Orgcon

Reinstalled the mod just to test out the handling. Seems to be perfect, at least it acts like a real car now. Still feels a bit too slow on acceleration though.

BTW, is the game supposed to spawn a new player when you press N? :huh:

probably some debug stuff. Try removing debug.cs or so :D.

Nice handling, I agree with Orgcon, it looks so real when I drive the delo

Sign in to follow this