Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Rasterwerks

BTTF SA Mini Mod Sound Tweaks

It doesn't matter what you're using. The PC is whats going to control the duration. My sounds don't sync up, to high speed PCs, because back when I did them, I was using my old PC. And Mini-Me didn't fix the duration length in SCM, so they cut off.

Edited by archer9234

...but your sounds do sync up. They work just fine for me.

I just wanted different sounds is all...so I made a different soundset. I tried my best to make them the same size, length, format, etc. Any issues with syncing or cut-off from the default sounds will most likely happen with these sounds that I've made.

...I wish to stress the fact that I made these sfx on a whim and I have absolutely no problem with the original sound effects. The creators did a fine job, they sound terrific, and sync great (for me)...the reason I made new ones is, again, because I preferred the specific noises from which I made them.

That's why I left many of the sounds from the default set alone...because they sound just fine to me and I don't have a different noise from the series that I'd prefer to hear.

Sidenote: I'm considering making a quick video demonstrating the "bridge reentry" sounds I made, just to see what ya'll think of 'em.

I reckon theres no harm in listening to what Rasterwerks has made then make your minds up. And its not compulsory to install so if your not convinced by his vid when he releases it then no harm or foul.

Namely redoing the re-entry explosions to sound like that of the BTTF3 DeLo as it reappears on the "Eastwood Ravine" bridge.

No need for that. You can find it in the older versions of the BTTF VC mod.

...but your sounds do sync up. They work just fine for me.

You think they do. But they aren't. Half to one second worth of audio is cut off at the end, due to the SCM old timings. Sounds are triggered 1 second too early (on high end PCs). It's most noticeable on the hover start up with the Del's. The ones that have no problems are the Time Train sounds. To make it clear. I'm not against your sounds. I'm just telling you, don't go insane if you run into problems.

Well in any case, the default sounds sound fine to me cut off or not. I just wanted to see what I could do with some of the sound effects...also I wanted to test Audacity's direct video audio rip function...also I was really bored.

Sign in to follow this