:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
daangelo29

Clocktower lightning reenactment.....in RC

I'm a victim of OCD... I like timing to be exact... but I guess what blue did was make it 10 times easier to ride the bolt. I'm not about the hook... I'm more about how close you can get to the car before it zips off through time.

And it's not impossible, I saw it plain as day on the rc delorean... on the 29th second :D

In my latest case, I forgot to move.

Edited by JDesigns

- Put up hook (this isn't causing a crash anymore :) )

How is it not crashing for you (unless you put the hook up outside of Hill Valley)? Every time I put the hook up in Hill Valley, it crashes. Also, after I do the lightning run and get the Del. with hook, I try to put the hook on again and it crashes. If there's a fix for the first problem, I'd like to know about it please. And yes, I am running all the updates, even the Oct. 29, 2008 update..

I did the clocktower scene in RC mode after the first few updates were released, its included in random scenes 01 which I posted on the old forums, I did get the hook crash and the RC crash before the updates, but since I added the updates those particular crashes have all but gone, now if I can just get the 2015 era to work without a crash every 2 mins I'll be happy. Heres the vid again, clock tower scene is the second scene, just after the first time travel scene.

th_RandomScenesOne02e.jpg

Now I am gonna go test Dragonking's exe to see if that helps with the 2015 crashing.

Edit: Well looks like Dragonking's exe didn't do squat for my vice city, still the same old 2015 era crash, meh ah well.

Edited by Omega

Then your PC can't run VC with the mod correctly. There is no way we can fix that.

Meaning....? Everything else works fine. It's just I can't put the hook up Before going to 1955 AND/OR in Downtown Hill Valley...

Dragon King's .EXE didn't agree with my pc... it crashed every 5 mins so I tried something new... and now it's just a tad bit better than normal. I crash at random after 2 hours or whenever my computer has a drastic memory crash.

It comes down to your PC hardware. If the patches that we made, to fix that bug, don't work, it's your PC.

Well, I saw some other peep's PC hardware and mine was better then there's. And yet, their Hook attach in Downtown worked! There has to be some other explanation. As I may or may not have mentioned before, I tried putting on the hook in Hill Valley before, and it worked... So I don't understand why it wouldn't work now..

Okay, okay... No need to be rude.

EDIT: Okay... somehow it began to work properly again after I beat the ride mission a few times.. wierd. Oh well, at least it works again :D

Edited by Fishy-Fish

I don't know why my cousin's so amazed on this Clocktower Lightning Strike Reenactment in RC thing (yes, he made this topic, not me), but it's the probably the feeling that you'll be able to experience as both Doc and Marty when doing the reenactment this way. I've ever since already proven that this is possible in RC. If I was this amazed, I should have posted a vid showcasing that feature to you guys before 0.2e's release.

It wasn't a big deal to me at first, but when the bug I found in this RC feature "saved" me at a seemingly hopeless situation I began to enjoy experimenting stuff with this feature.

Just hours after Del immediately released the latest 0.2e beta update for us, I tried testing The Ride mission and fortunately I made 8 repeated finishes. I was planning to do a save, but then I've changed my mind when I thought of this reenactment being done in RC so I did try doing this, hoping I'll find some nice bugs to report lol.

After successfully having the DeLorean time travel in RC from Nov. 12, 1955 to December 25, 0000 12:00 AM without bugs, I went to get the Time Train to catch up with the DeLorean, but when I got to the mansion I thought of using it to travel to different periods first. After a series of time travels, there was one part when the Time Train caught fire. In a nick of time, I was able to time travel before the train exploded, but as expected I ended up in the Nth Dimension.

I bailed out successfully, but I ended up being stuck, seeing that I was in 886 AD and the Time Train can't be re-spawned back to the mansion for some reason. I can't play a new game 'cause I've been enjoying the mod for hours now and also I can't waste my 8 wins on The Ride mission.

Eventually I gave up after realizing there's more to this dimension than I've thought, so I tried doing some stuff while in the dimension. One time, I thought trying to get to Hill Valley without falling to the water or dying. And so I did, but when I reached the Courthouse Square, in a struck of luck, I've finally found what I was looking for -- my only ticket home, the DeLorean. I never had plutonium to use after discovering it, but that wasn't really a big problem.

Eventually I returned back, and after doing so I realized I managed to have 2 hours of gameplay, therefore proving the beta that time was hell stable. Also, the only bug I found so far in that beta was that the DeLorean wasn't "destroyed" after entering the Nth Dimension. It was strange to me that time why the 0.2e beta I've played was more stable than both 0.2d and the non-beta 0.2e.

I don't know [...].

lol, nice story! Would even be good for a short movie ;)

I always wonder, why Angeloe always had to wrote so long? I always wanna ask that question.

@Mini-me:-Nice vid :lol:

kinda nice......congratulations....... :lol: