:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
daangelo29

Clocktower lightning reenactment.....in RC

Anyone here tried doing the Clocktower lightning reenactment in RC? :P

rcclocktower.jpg

(I wanted to re-do it and do a video, but then I no longer have Fraps)

All I did is:

- Put in the hook (did this before the next one because doing this second would cause a crash)

- Go to November 12 1955 10:01 PM

- Set the Destination Time to 11/12/1955 10:05 PM a minute after the lightning strike

- Set to Instant Time Travel (since I thought triggering it to Cutscene Time Travel would mess it up)

- Went out positioned myself near the lightning cable somewhere the DeLorean would later on crash on me if it wouldn't time travel

- Went to RC mode and drove the DeLorean to the starting line

- Waited 'til the clock alarms at 10:03 PM

- And hit the cable and have the DeLorean time travel just in the nick of time

As for the extra hook in the cable, that came from my first RC Clocktower lightning reenactment attempt. When the DeLorean made it back in the first attempt and used it to go back to 10:01 PM to re-do it to have a screenshot, that hook wasn't removed and remained there. Still the RC reenactment thing was hell fun and cool.

And if someone could do it himself/herself and provide us a vid, that'd be nice.

i did it.. but differently.. .I always use instant time travel. First i sent a BTTF2 delorean to NOV 12 1955 10 PM near the tower, then i travelled with the BTTF1 hook del to 10:00 PM and set the desstination time to both Deloreans at OCT 26 1985 01:24 and used RC on the hook del to send it in the future, then i travelled with the BTTF2 delorean at the Destination time, to see the entry of the RC delorean

Did you know if you put the nose of the time train at the "start line" and floor it, that you will reach the clock tower just as you hit 88 mph.

Did you know if you put the nose of the time train at the "start line" and floor it, that you will reach the clock tower just as you hit 88 mph.

Just tried that, it crashes every time i hit the wire :(

yeah but what's the point using the time train on that street... it will time travel anyway because it has it's own power

Speaking of which, can we have a "DMC-13 Time Machine w/ Hook"? :P

i don't think so.. and it's useless, because it has a greater acceleration than the dmc12 delorean

Then you're having errors uploading to youtube. Or you are putting in a bad link. You just use the main line, not the embed link.

I HATE THIS!!

I have tried so many times to do this, but it either crashes when attaching the pole, or if its already attached, it crashes when changing view in RC...

:'(

Yea I know what you mean I added all the repair patches that the team released and the 1955 to 1985 Time Travel feature only worked once, now whenever I try to put the hook on the del it crashes. :angry:

Edited by Honest Joe Statler

Yea I know what you mean I added all the repair patches that the team released and the 1955 to 1985 Time Travel feature only worked once, now whenever I try to put the hook on the del it crashes. :angry:

Have you tried putting in the hook first before going to November 12, 1955 and doing the reenactment. That's what I've just said in the first post.

Guest Redrick 73

Quick question, where can I find Dragon King's gta-vc.exe? I figure that'll help make this work.

Quick question, where can I find Dragon King's gta-vc.exe? I figure that'll help make this work.

Download the Fanmade Addons...

th_BttfHV_Lightning_Strike_RC.jpg

I did this:

- I went to November 12 1955 10:00 PM

- Drove in the DeLorean to the starting line

- Put up hook (this isn't causing a crash anymore :) )

- Set the Destination Time to Nov 12 1955 10:05 PM

- Went near the lightning cable

- Went to RC mode

- Waited 'tlil the clock alarms at ~10:03 PM

- And hit the cable when the lightning strucked the clocktower

(Note: The video is cut; I don't think you want to see me standing there a minute not moving...)

As you can see in the end, the hook is hanging at the cable and on the DeLorean.

Is it that what you wanted, angeloelibz24?

Wow you had a REALLY noticeable delayed reaction there lol... Damn that windows 95 operating system. time to upgrade the delo's software.

I made a vid a while back but since then placed it in one of my music vids... so here's another one I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSrbdn34CLg

You can't get any closer than that

Edited by JDesigns

Wow you had a REALLY noticeable delayed reaction there lol... Damn that windows 95 operating system. time to upgrade the delo's software.

I made a vid a while back but since then placed it in one of my music vids... so here's another one I made.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSrbdn34CLg

You can't get any closer than that

delayed reaction? me? for what?

d'you mean the time between the lightning and the timetravel? it is supposed to be like this... Blue coded a window of time in it, so you don't need to hit the cable exactly in the second when the lightning hits the clocktower.

But the sense of making this video was to show that the hook is hanging at the cable and still at the RC DeLorean... It's impossible to see it in your vid :P