:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

Why don't somebody just create a custom Vice City with NO island and only one big map with Hill Valley in it?

Read 0.2e notes.

I've read the notes, and all it says is under 2.e changes (which is the only place I am able to find anything mentioned about this truck is "New Models - Doc's Truck". What did you mean, read the notes??

Such decision wasn't made yet, but hopefully it would be overwritten. But we'll still need at least a bigger Hill Valley since it's boring to be stuck on a small place.

Have the developers forgotten about Hilldale? Lyon Estates? Also in the future are the cars gonna fly over the roads? Because the still drive. I reckon it would seem more like the future if the cars actually flew over the roads! That would be awesome!

Why don't somebody just create a custom Vice City with NO island and only one big map with Hill Valley in it?

Yeah I agree with that, but not for 0.2f because I think the developers wouldn't want to make a huge map with a tiny Hill Valley because they would have nothing to put round Hill Valley. However I reckon that could be a good tactic for the final edition with all the places like Hill Valley, Hilldale, Lyon Estates and all the other places!

Thanks for listening!

Dizzle

Edited by Dizzle

Have the developers forgotten about Hilldale? Lyon Estates? Also in the future are the cars gonna fly over the roads? Because the still drive. I reckon it would seem more like the future if the cars actually flew over the roads! That would be awesome!

Nightshade, the mapper of Hill Valley, just started working on 1955 Hill Valley. 1955 Hill Valley would serve as the base of the 1885, 1985, 1985A and 2015 Hill Valley maps. So for now, there won't be a Lyon Estates and a Hilldale (since Hill Valley doesn't have them yet in 1955) until Nightshade and other mappers start working on the 1985 Hill Valley map.

As for the flying cars thing, that won't be a problem since it's already planned how flying non-player cars would work. Since it doesn't really require the 2015 Hill Valley map to have the skyway, it is possible to have the skyway and the flying cars with the current Hill Valley map in 0.2f.

yay.. But when will Blue have a free time? :huh:

Nightshade makes the maps, not blue.

I meant the code for 2015 flying car not maps. <_<

0.2d has 04 Time Machine. 0.2e has DMC-13 Time Machine. Would the next version have both of it?

0.2d has 04 Time Machine. 0.2e has DMC-13 Time Machine. Would the next version have both of it?

No, DMC-13 is the new name for the 04 DeLorean.

Its a good idea, create 1885, 1955, 1985 (Starting Point) Alternate 1985, and 2015.

That could be enough room.

It's a bad Idea. Gotta wait for Hill Valley models to finish.

Now to my ideas :/

This has been suggested a million times, but replace the cars with wagons.

None, except for some "sports" alamaic mission thing.

Nothing to add, its fine.

A 1985

You know, make a mission out of it.

No Mission, just make every 2015 car LOOK like its flying, it looks like its just driving on air.

DeLorean

For the Time Circuits, do something like the AM and PM setting, but its BC and AD.

Miscellanous

Nothing, nothin, nothin.

You are giving no ideas. <_<

Now to my ideas :/

First of all, we're still in 0.2f. We're about versions away from having 1955, 1985, 1985A and 2015. If we did remove Vice City, we can't just put all the eras of Hill Valley onto its place. The Hill Valley map that will be made will be a bit bigger than Vice City, and also time travel itself would be pointless if we have the eras all at once. It is possible to make Hill Valley change accordingly to the eras, so there's no need to put all of the eras into the small map space we have in GTA:VC.

Version 0.3, the version that should come after 0.2f, should have 1955 Hill Valley. For now, in 0.2f and 0.2e, we'll stick with VC.

Secondly, missions will come as each version of the Hill Valley map is finished. We can't have the BTTF missions if we don't have the respective eras we need for those missions. For now, we'll stick to missions that could possibly be done with the stuff we have currently in the mod. Also why is the "sports" word quoted? :lol:

Thirdly, the flying cars thing in 2015 is already planned. But like Archer said we'll have to wait for 2015 Hill Valley before we can have skyway traffic.

Fourthly, and most especially, we can't have an AD/BC system. It is known that Doc, Marty and Biff went to a BC era in BTTF: The Ride, but we can't clearly have that in the mod. Other than running out of coding space and even large amount of time creating more eras of Hill Valley as well as dinosaurs and volcanoes, the time circuits of the original DeLorean doesn't have such system. The only possible time machine that can have such system is the DMC-13 Time Machine.

It would be nice though to have it, but due to the modding limitations we can't have all of these features be implemented into the mod.

When you exit the TimeTrain it's doors automatically open, this could be ported to the DeLorean:

If you leave it, it automatically changes back to driving.

At least Mike and me like this idea so I copied it in here ;)

This would also solve the problem, that you have to wait till the flyingdel's "rotors" rotate again when you leave and then enter the flyingdel

At least Mike and me like this idea so I copied it in here ;)

This would also solve the problem, that you have to wait till the flyingdel's "rotors" rotate again when you leave and then enter the flyingdel

I like it too. Though I'm not sure if the DeLorean's hover system is that as complete as other future cars with computers on them.

As for the rotors thing, you just have to press to immediately have the "rotors" rotating.

As for the rotors thing, you just have to press to immediately have the "rotors" rotating.

Ermm... Yes. I think you forgot to write down the button :huh:

But if you mean space, that's right, but not really good.

Ermm... Yes. I think you forgot to write down the button :huh:

But if you mean space, that's right, but not really good.

lol

Yes, it is Space.

Lol. Still love when you leave the copter the "rotors" still spinning.

I just got another idea.

On some keyboards, the numpad looks like the telephone imput on the DeLorean.

So why not when we turn the time circuits ON, and press [input any key here] it turns on some mode you can call, and you can use the keypad to input your time. :D

It sounds tricky, but it would be more realistic.

I just got another idea.

On some keyboards, the numpad looks like the telephone imput on the DeLorean.

So why not when we turn the time circuits ON, and press [input any key here] it turns on some mode you can call, and you can use the keypad to input your time. :D

It sounds tricky, but it would be more realistic.

I think I would prefer that, because I continuously keep mucking up the time circuit destination! But how would it be switched off? It would have to be the same button but not one near the keypad incase the wrong button is pressed. I reckon the * button on the numpad would be awesome!

Anyways, good idea ?!?!.