:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

for on the Ride (or fail it) or dont remember when you were and lost your time machine somehow

I agree with hscitpe, your not always in the delorean so therefore the current time period isnt instantly available to you. I dunno about 0.2f, but it would be nice to have for future versions of the mod when there are missions, so you know when you are when you start an old save. :D

Guest Rave

oh a good idea ok you start normaly where the city is completely avalible to you if you go back in time the baracades and the hurricane warning starts there for vice city missions start if you go to the future city is unlocked and missions are no longer availible

What the h**l? Are you a clairvoyant?

This is what I did some days ago:

Or are you a stalker? I'm afraid of you :D.

EDIT: Whoops, excuse the big black silence at the end, I forgot that Vegas not only exports the media that is in the selection, but also exports such a big black boring silence if there is nothing in the selection :huh: .

Edited by Mini-Me

Guest Rave
What the h**l? Are you a clairvoyant?

This is what I did some days ago:

Or are you a stalker? I'm afraid of you :D.

EDIT: Whoops, excuse the big black silence at the end, I forgot that Vegas not only exports the media that is in the selection, but also exports such a big black boring silence if there is nothing in the selection :huh: .

mind giving it to me or putting it in the mod?

I'm already asking the other mod team members for their opinion...

but you should change the year to August of 1986 (time stock VC takes place)

Guest Rave
but you should change the year to August of 1986 (time stock VC takes place)

right thats when the baracades start

Also, there is NO code that sends the plane around. It only has its path defined in a file that directly gets parsed by the game - lets say it is hardcoded.

Not really. I once saw a YouTube video showing an airplane being played and screwed around by a coder. He had it crash towards buildings, walls, and stuff. What's more is that he once had land on the road.

I'm already asking the other mod team members for their opinion...

So far, I'm the only the one who agreed to the idea. But as for the other mod team members, there's a big chance they won't agree.

Not really. I once saw a YouTube video showing an airplane being played and screwed around by a coder. He had it crash towards buildings, walls, and stuff. What's more is that he once had land on the road.

But definately not with editing this plane('s "code").

It must have been extra code...

The problem is that we need to align the cars to groups for the different time eras and the DeLorean fits better to 1985+ than to 1955+, don't you think so?

So, that means there are only a few time groups... :huh:

Didn't del use the car class to restrict cars to different timezones? e.g. richfamily, poorfamily, executive. etc.

I know it's in, I'm saying he did it via the car class right?

Yup, like what you said before my previous post.

This is also the reason why you see poor people in 1955 cars and rich people at 2015 ones (if I get it right).

Yup, like what you said before my previous post.

This is also the reason why you see poor people in 1955 cars and rich people at 2015 ones (if I get it right).

Right, so in this way it is possible to make peds for different timezones, am i right? :) (I'm not trying to push you guys, and I know it isn't gonna be in 0.2f or something close to that, I'm just asking).

It is possible. :)

It is. But they need to be done at first.

So, that means there are only a few time groups... :huh:

Precisely.

Also another note to take is that the back of the DeLorean are mostly metallic which can attract lightning. 2015 vehicles may be made up of a tough material that doesn't attract lightning. Speaking of which, this now reminds me of my last request for the DMC-13 (a.k.a. 2004 DeLorean) that I want to mention before (before this new forum we are in was ever up) but I forget: go see in the Coding Requests thread.

Can you guys make the DMC-13 lightning-proof, where it won't get damaged by lightning nor get struck by one at all because of the material it's made of?

This also reminds me of that "list of requests for the 2004 DeLorean" back in the old forums. So far, all requests were not accepted by Del/Blue except for the Location Circuits (I originally named it "Space Circuits"). I'm also not sure if one of my requests, which is to allow players to change the paintjob/color of the DMC-13 like the non-time machine one, is possible because Del never replied about this back in the old forums.

My old "List of Requests for the 2004 DeLorean / DMC-13" from what I can remember:

1. Location Circuits (implemented)
  2. Changeable paintjob/color
  3. Lightning-proof
  4. "Holographic mode" that allows you to copy the appearance of the nearest car/vehicle and cover the DMC-13 with a futuristic holographic cloak in the form of the copied car/vehicle itself, creating the perfect illusion and disguise (the best way to hide the time machine while you're away from it)
  5. A preset setting in the Location Circuits that allows you to travel directly to the Nth Dimension without damaging the time circuits
  6. Failsafe programming that keeps the time machine from time traveling if the time circuits are broken
  7. Paradox Detector, another failsafe feature when DMC-13 is present (driving it or not) that can detect paradoxes and provide a solution to prevent it like rewinding time back to the very moment the player arrived in his desired destination time through a unique type of time travel, much like in Prince of Persia, but such feature could only work if the player used the DMC-13 itself to travel to his destination when the paradox formed. (I later removed this from the list after I figured it's sort of useless and too complicated)

Just tested #4 and #7 via CLEO scripting (I happen to be making CLEO scripts similar to #4 and #7 for GTA:SA) and it is possible.

In #4 (Disguise Mod), you just get the ID or model number of the nearest car and put in on a variable, then change the car you ride on with the model number stored in the variable (this CLEO mod also involves copying the appearance of the nearest peds and morph CJ to that ped, plus acquire abilities related to that ped).

In #7 (Temporal Reverse feature of my Beta Suit / TimeShift mod), I simply made a code that gets the player's health, his coordinates, wanted level, money, the current time, and the current weather upon key press, then put these data to variables through the press of a button, then later in the game press another key to teleport the player to the same coordinates and time with the same weather, wanted level and money.

As for #2, I'm not that good in carcols. Any tutorial that allows us to do that? :)