:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

The slower the HDD transfer/rotation speed is, the longer it takes to install larger games. With my 3.0Gb/s Sata HDD will take 10 minutes to install GTA IV. Average HDD could take 30-60 minutes. It also depends on the DVD drive read speed limit.

O_o.....thanks archer....... :lol: well if I'm gonna get GTA IV I better get better HDD :mellow:

Well, it depends on your HDD speed.

I have some of the most fastest hard drives and external hard drives. I can install GTA4 in less than 10-15 minutes in one of the internal hard drives, or less than 15-20 minutes in one of the external ones. Still I don't like reinstalling a game and mod of such sizes numerous times. Due to getting used to using faster computers, I consider 10 minutes of installation time as slow. :P

Are you a doctor (and the above being a pun) or do you mean patience :P

lol my PC might actually commit suicide if I tried installing IV... and if it survived it'd just throw itself out the window if I tried playing it...

I think my PC can't even load GTA IV....... :(:cry2: but I really want to play it........

In my line of work, patience is bliss.

I'm a modder too so patience for me is also bliss, though this only applies if I'm modding. When it comes to good old playing games, it doesn't or only applies sometimes. When I mod, I always ensure that I have enough time to do stuff, including reinstallations, but as for simply playing games, reinstalling will just keep me from having fun or ruins it before I even experience it.

What I'm simply saying is that not all of us are modders who have the experience to be patient at these stuff. Del, the coder of this mod, said it himself. Modding a 15+ GB game is like putting a more serious "install at your own risk" warning in the mod.

I'm getting my copy of GTA4 this weekends, if everything goes according to plan that is.

Angeloe.......just write 15GB.........You don't need to write 15+GB........ :mellow:

oh..ok...I get it...... :lol:

Guest Wilko

I think the mod should stay on VC. Selfishly I don't want to upgrade my computer, yet.

Anyway, here are some ideas for the next version -

Remove years 3000 to 9999

For one, the mod will probably never be able to simulate these sorts of times, so there is no reason for the time circuits to be programmable to these dates. Also, when programming the time circuits currently, it is an absolute pain cycling through the first digit of the year, through 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 0 to get to the millenia I want to go. Unless the time circuits are changed to be more user-friendly, just have the time circuits cycle between 0, 1 and 2 for the first year digit.

Themed in-game calendar

Although it doesn't happen often, I'll sometimes find myself in a car other than the Delorean, and I'll have no idea what year it is. It would be nice to have a themed calendar, maybe in the menu pages, or on the HUD. It could be simple and small, like the Windows calendar widget. It could have themes for each decade to further convince the player of what time they're in, such as stylised fonts and colours (imagine it changing styles between the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, etc).

Fusion powered hover conversion

This one came to me recently. At one point in BTTF II, Doc says to Marty over the walkie talkie "Once I fill up the fusion generator, I'll fly over to the school and meet you on the roof of the high school gym". Now, it's never occurred to me, but where does the hover technology get its power from? Logically it is the Mr Fusion. Instead of a 'fusion full' and 'fusion empty' gauge, there should be a more dynamic reading of how much garbage you have to power the hover circuits as well as the time circuits. If you run out of garbage completely, your car should land (or it may crash!). I've always hated being able to fly wherever I want whenever I want. And unlike the annoying fuel gauge, you can always drive the car to the nearest garbage can to fill up. Which leads me to the next idea...

Trash can rummaging

Right now, you just pluck garbage out of thin air. I understand that this is because there is apparently garbage everywhere, but this just isn't the case. Although taking up a lot of coding space, it would be interesting to see Vice City/Hill Valley homes and businesses as the ONLY source for garbage, thus making it more difficult to fill up (but by no means impossible). Marty would be required to drive into a similar pink marker outside of homes and businesses to collect garbage. Some may see this as a pure anachronism, but I think it would actually be interesting to limit the player's use of their fusion power, however irrelevant that limit is.

Hate the First idea........

Don't know if the Second idea is impossible........

Love the Third and Forth idea.........

:lol:

1. Expanding the time travel-able years up to 9999 is implemented by Del because a lot of people demanded it. But if we were to remove years, removing years 5000 and up is fine. There's still a (slight or bigger) chance we can have one or more different future Hill Valley maps between the 21st and 51st century. As far as I can remember, Del was thinking of having MJ Holmes' year 2100 in the mod -- a "cleaner and greener" (eco-friendly) and more beautiful future era of Hill Valley where technology and plants/trees dominate the place.

2. I don't know if this is possible, but it would be a good feature. I do remember seeing a completely custom-built calendar mod in San Andreas (possibly a CLEO mod) that displays a calendar in the HUD whenever you press a specific button. Dunno if it is possible in VC, but I'm certain that there are a lot of limitations. It would be best though if we can have a sort of "portable time circuits" where it would show the Current Time and the Time Departed dates when we press a certain button or buttons.

3. It wasn't really mentioned in the movies how the hover system is powered. It's probably self-charging batteries built into the DeLorean, or something else that doesn't require refueling. But it was indeed mentioned in BTTF3 that the Mr. Fusion "only powers the time circuits and the Flux Capacitor" (Doc mentioned this before mentioning the DeLorean being fueled by regular gasoline which "always has") so you could be wrong.

4. Good point. But we can also get garbage from sources other than homes and businesses like...trash cans perhaps. Note that in the movie Doc mostly got his trash from trash cans and already-used stuff they've bought.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

All of these ideas have good points. But we are clearly running out of coding space. If this was a game and not a mod, no offence but it would be averagely rated and/or 15-35% fail due to the game lacking certain elements to make it a good game. We CAN improve the mod, but we first have to deal with modding limitations.

This game would be kicka** for us BTTF fans, but how about interested non-fans? I've already received comments from non-fans calling the mod "boring", "too easy" and "too simple (in terms of gameplay)".

I kept on saying this is just a mod and a public beta, but they keep on insisting that the mod be improved more or move to the SA engine to take advantage of the CLEO system. If only VC engine ain't this screwy, then we won't be dealing with these limitations.

Than good, the good idea of system of Hoverconverción, and the limited use of Mr. Fusion.

Could do the same with the train you need a necessary amount of wood. as the fuel of the DeLorean. Also I have more ideas but still have to review the possibilities of doing :starwars:

Why would Doc make the TT run on wood... that's going backwards.

Realistically, you can pull grass from the floor, rocks, and garbage on the sidewalks to refill Mr. Fusion. So what the game does now, is fine. Fusion can run on anything after all. Hover mode is most likely powered by the gas tank. The main engine is turned off and diverted to the boosters.

would the Time Train will be having it's track in the future versions...??? :huh:

yeaah the map.......I mean would it run on track and not on normal road like in SA..?? :huh:<_<

you said it's not a code but I think it requires a code and I'm asking you're oppinion....... <_<

It'll it'll run using the GTA III track system... I think...

but I think that's it, silence you child....

I am not a child <_<

The tracks themselves are part of the map. The code is already built into the game (from GTA III). There is nothing to add, minus the code to allow speed control and locking on to the track path system.

well.....that answers my question.....thanks :D

Why would Doc make the TT run on wood... that's going backwards.

It is possible that Doc made the TT run on wood before since it's hard to make a machine that can generate its own steam without any "fuel" or stuff with 1890's supplies. However, it may also be possible that Doc upgraded the TT in the future eras so there won't be any need for wood and it can generate power on its own (a la Fusion generation) and also make the thing fly.

In other words, there is no need for "wood fuel" for the TT. But it would be nice to have it for drivable trains in the future versions.