Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

We can't change how cars work.

Except, with this lovely opcode called...

*drum roll*

00AD: set_car $DELOREAN max_speed_to 88.0

I know the number 88 there won't be 88 on the speedo, I'm merely saying that as an example.

Except, with this lovely opcode called...

*drum roll*

00AD: set_car $DELOREAN max_speed_to 88.0

I know the number 88 there won't be 88 on the speedo, I'm merely saying that as an example.

So if it was set to 88.0, the speedometer can only reach up to 88 while in a DeLorean?

Well, I doubt that the speed 88 by VC's measure is 88 on the speedo, but it says "max_speed" so presumably the speed you set it to will be the highest it can go until it's cancelled or something...

It will go higher than 88 miles per hour. I've test it.

How about making the speed limit of the Del 88 MPH? I realize that the Speedo doesn't really display the real speed of the car (88 is about 115...) so I might be kinda hard..

Also, how about making the Temporal Displacement Glows and the wormhole opens start at 88 MPH and the car doesn't time travel immediately so it'll have enough time to display all the glows and the wormhole completely? It was like this in the first movie, I mean the First Experiment. The glows began to...glow and the wormhole began to open at 88 MPH and it didn't time travel until the wormhole was complete... Is it possible to make it this way?

If these requests aren't possible, sorry for wasting comment space...

Hmm... I think it is very much possible... ever noticed when in the flying Del, that you can get to like 95 mph? It's because the wormhole takes approx. 2 seconds to open, and the delorean doesn't time travel until it's fully open...

not necessarily look at the end of Back 1 Back 2 and the beginning of Back 3, the DeLorean time travels as soon as the 1.21jw is inserted into the flux capacitor

Hmm... I think it is very much possible... ever noticed when in the flying Del, that you can get to like 95 mph? It's because the wormhole takes approx. 2 seconds to open, and the delorean doesn't time travel until it's fully open...

Yeah, I've noticed that..

not necessarily look at the end of Back 1 Back 2 and the beginning of Back 3, the DeLorean time travels as soon as the 1.21jw is inserted into the flux capacitor

Yeah, but the climax of BTTF 1 and was mostly based on the first experiment. It's what got Marty and Doc into all that fuss in the first place so if we could make the BTTF 1 Del's speed change to be accurately the first experiment, it'd be cool.

Blue is most likely not going to change the speeds of the cars. It's a pain in the butt to tweak them.

Hmm... since I have no skills in coding, I guess I have no choice but to agree with you :-P

Edited by Fishy-Fish

It was once a request before to Del to have the speedometer only display numbers from 0 to 88 despite the fact that the DeLorean has beyond the speed of 88 mph when the speedometer's displaying "88", then have the BTTF1 DeLorean's wormhole appear upon reaching 88 mph like in the film, then the formation of the wormhole will take 3-5 seconds before temporal displacement so that players can still be able to witness how the wormhole forms before time travel occurs.

It may really be true, like I've said before, that the digital speedometer Doc installed separately in the DeLorean can only show a maximum of 89 numbers (0 to 88), then again having the wormhole appear upon reaching 88 mph and a 3-5 second delay upon reaching 88 mph before time travel will make stuff, especially missions, harder or more complicated in a way.

And people will be crashing in walls a lot.

Wouldn't it be more thrilling/exciting/challenging that way?

*Time Dude steals time machine and reaches 84 mph*

Time Dude: Just a bit more and I'm outta here!

*About to hit a tree, Time Dude finally reaches 88 mph. Wormhole begins to form*

Time Dude: Dammit. Hurry up, will 'ya?

*SLAM!*

*Time Dude hits tree but survives crash. Time machine got completely pwned and Time Dude is fined with $1,000,000,000,000.01 for stealing a time machine and pwning it*

carcrash_pwnage.jpg

FAIL! (what the f***?! :blink:)

That is so annoying, it's almost as if they see you coming and think "Hey, insurance fraud, and wee wee some guy off, at the same time! *has smug look* "

Especially in a car-chase, and you're just about to escape through time...

do you guys think that we could use the back of the time train as a dmc transporter like in the animated series, when the back opens up and doc flys the dmc into it

that would be cool

maybe not cause they only do it according to the movie.

maybe not cause they only do it according to the movie.

Yup, no requests based on the animated series. The animated series is not canonical to the movies. We have to be true to the movies as much as possible. Having different periods in Hill Valley is fine, since those periods aren't really revealed what they really are in the movies and they don't cause conflicts like the animated series.

yay.....I finally right about something.

Besides.....It is maybe hardcoded.

Edited by JohnyTheDotman

yay.....I finally right about something.

Besides.....It is maybe hardcoded.

No, it ain't hardcoded. Del/Blue attempted having the DeLorean enter Doc's van via main.scm code. Though there are a lot of screw-ups, it is possible.