:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

I mean I cant play it now, it crashes too often to even have any fun!

Poor you! Since the updates my game crashes a lot less, so i can play sometimes for hours!

If we really need more coding space, we could erase more VC stuff e.g. the 'Unique Stunt Jumps' or however they are called, 'cause it's code is really huge (9214b, 1061 lines) or some of those properties (except the garages ;) their code is small enough ;) ) and their saving markers (since we can use the one by the menu editor), reduce and change the number of clothes markers to the BTTF models (Marty, Doc and Biff) and remove interiors ('cause there's quite a lot of code to enter/exit them) and more...

how bout when u finish all missions teleporters that help you beat missions or save you the trip spawn.

iv'e already got one up you can try, its called eds edits :D (on my sig)

How about we try having "past versions" of the characters in the mod in 0.2f? It's worth a try, right?

Here's one:

After doing the Clocktower lightning strike reenactment, this "Past Self Sequence" will occur. Every November 12, 1955 08:00 PM, a DeLorean w/ hook placed on the side will spawn in the location of Hill Valley where it was really located before the reenactment in BTTF1. Then every 10:00 PM of that time, a "past Tommy" will spawn in front of the Courthouse, run towards the parked DeLorean, drive it to the start line, go outside the DeLorean to put in the hook on the back, get inside, let the DeLorean stall after 7 seconds inside the DeLorean, try restarting the engine, successfully restart the engine at the time when the clock's already alarming, immediately drive towards the cable, reach 88 mph and remain in that speed, make it to the cable and time travel.

The past Tommy won't return after the sequence. Also your beeper won't work on your past self's DeLorean.

You can do a lot of stuff with this sequence: either watch your "past self" do the reenactment, or mess it up and cause a paradox. Stuff that would cause paradoxes in this sequence would be:

1. Drive the parked DeLorean in a location where your past self can't find it.

2. Beating-up your past self.

3. Let yourself be seen by your past self through any means

4. Be bumped by DeLoreans through any means.

5. Bump your vehicle/DeLorean with his.

6. Somehow get to the cable at 88 mph with BTTF1 DeLorean w/ Hook before he does.

7. Attempt anything that would prevent your past self from doing the reenactment.

If you did cause a paradox, you'll be wasted by instead of respawning in the hospital 12 hours later, you'll respawn in the respawn point when you start a new game in the date October 26, 2008 3:00 PM.

If you want to do the reenactment again instead of your past self, just go to the marker in front of the Courthouse just before November 12, 1955 10:00 PM. The current time will be set to the mentioned date and instead of your past self appearing in front of the Courthouse, you'll take his place and be able to retry the reenactment. The other time machines will be removed and the Time Train will be reset back to its original location upon doing this.

That wouldn't be too hard I don't think, not to mention main thread space could be saved by making it become a mission (the re-enactment, the past self being the part in main.scm, and it can only happen if you've done the mission "Clocktower" or whatever it'd be called)

XD

Not making it a mission would be simplier, right? You can do the reenactment anytime you want, and if you just want to do the reenactment again, just go to the marker.

Ped paths in hil valey are greatly needed, also it would be nice if the delorean wouldnt bog down in the sand.

I'll do some collected answers now :) (split up in 2 parts since the forum thinks it's too long in one):

We Definetly need ped paths in the hill valley

It's a quite boring thing to code them to my mind, but I think they'll be done some when.

First, this may be very difficult to program, maybe even impossible without a seperate executable, but if I show up at 10:03 and stay until 10:05, then travel back to 10:04, I should be able to see myself driving, and if I blow up the car, then it shows my car blowing up.

It's nearly impossible. If you got the code working the game would need a lot of memory to "record" everything you did...

Second, for the different times, would it be possible to have 4 sets of time specific radio stations?

This is possible, but they need to be made by someone ;) ... But you can only replace the existing 9, so 4 sets is too much.

Third, during the Ridwe mission, there is no sound during the intro where Doc tell s me what happened, and during the middle/end the text starts going by really fast.

Sound: You mean Doc and Marty talking? Really hard since someone needs to record it by himself and imitate the voices, but not completely impossible.

Fast Text: It is supposed to be like that. When Doc explains something, he often talks very fast and Marty doesen't get everything.

Next, I would like to see all cars replaced, included the Sentinel , admiral and others that got left out in 0.2e and more realistic 2008 cars, as you really don't see those driving around today.

It is supposed that all cars get replaced. Just wait a bit.. more cars need to be modeled. Don't be so impatient.

And watch the movie (relating to the realistic cars), they have hover conversions, do you think we'd have them in 7 years? I don't think so. The 2015+ cars are supposed to be a bit unrealistic.

Fourth, the door opening sound byte should not sound like the delorean on every car.

Impossible. In Vice City engine multiple cars share sounds.

I would also like to see more cars per time period, and fuel be added back, but on every car.

More cars would make VC a lot more unstable. And if we readded fuel, we wouldn't have enough coding space for other things.

For bugs, My save games that I saved in BTTF never open. The game also crashes periodically, and the DMC13 time circuits crash often.

The save game issues are your PC's faults (I think). Periodical or random crashes can't be completely removed if you want to add even more stuff. Modding is a buggy thing. And I have no problems with DMC13 (do you mean problems with location and not time circuits? Try installing the icon_link.gif no loading screen mod, for some of us it solved problems).

Last, I think the Hill Valley map needs serious refinement, and since in the final version, Hill Valley will be the whole GTA map, I'm sure it will be. Like the general map layout, the trees in the road, the sidewalk across the road juncttions, and the drive in being right next to the city. Also, the deloreans need to be programmed not to bog down in sand, and the screen shouldn't be right on the ocean, that way you don't crash when u time travel when it is eventually programmed to dissapear (I hope).

That's all, Amen.

The current map is only temporal. Again another one needs to be modeled. And yes, Vice City will be removed.

Edited by Mini-Me

Last reply: To make time travel realisticness and game stability as high as possible, u could create the time travel as an executable to run with the game.

Like a trainer? Wouldn't be more stable, even less I think... And tell me who can code a new game exe...

More More More: The Driving physics in driving and hover mode should be improved, the license plates on cars should say CA, and the Time Circuts should be num pad controlled. Also, the turtorial freezes often.

Driving Physics: If you want realistic driving physics, stop playing GTA and play some car Simulator. GTA is not intended to have realistic driving physics.

License Plates: CA? For California? May be done.

Numpad controlled Timecircuits: In Vice City engine it's impossible. Without an external program, too.

Tut. freezes: You're sure it doesn't freeze after you filled the BTTF1 with plutonium? 'Cause then it should "freeze" till you set the Timecircuits correctly , so that you read how to set them. I Never had other freezes.

Also like I said in the other forum, in version 1.1 or whatever, you could add more time periods and such and further refine the game to be more realistic and enjoyable.

The more time periods you add, the more different cars you need. This would have the effect that there are less cars in each time period.

Also I forgot to ask, will there be a 1.1 and 2.0 and so forth and when will they be coming out to further enhance the game?

Maybe the VC mod would stop if GTA IV is more stable with moddings... And never ask for release dates of a thing that is being made in someones free time! I hate that!

So that's everything till now... Puh, that was a lot typing. And i needed to split it up, the forum thinks it's too much :D

Jesus 4king christ...

The current map is only temporal. Again another one needs to be modeled. And yes, Vice City will be removed.

Right, like Archer said, my map is an amusement park, it's not meant to be any where realistic... it's just so you can re-enact the scenes without having to treck across VC to do it... so I made Hill Valley have all it's landmarks close together.... if we'd had more time for the competition, and I'd known what I know now; there'd be a makeshift HV with paths and everything...

Calm down raybob...

We Definetly need ped paths in the hill valley

Ped paths are doable. I remember the map mod Interstate 420-C, a mod that adds a nice interstate system around Vice City, with cars being able to drive through the interstate.

Next, I would like to see all cars replaced, included the Sentinel , admiral and others that got left out in 0.2e and more realistic 2008 cars, as you really don't see those driving around today.

Not all cars are made yet. Just wait. The guys simply have no time for these kinds of requests since modding isn't their job, but they'll eventually come as they're made. As for the 2008 cars, we no longer have anymore space for those. Vice City is only limited onto having the number of cars it only has -- you can't go fewer than that or more than that. We're mainly focusing on 1885 (trains, possibly horses, etc.), 1955, 1985, and 2015 vehicles. Though, making some of the 2015 vehicles appear in years 2000-2009 non-hover-converted isn't a bad idea.

I would also like to see more cars per time period, and fuel be added back, but on every car.

Fuel is once done before, until many of us decided to have it removed when Del/Blue was removing code to provide more coding space for other features (once, we all thought 0.2f is impossible due to the limited coding space and we'll go straight to version 0.3). Del/Blue said before that he/she will just have it as a triggable feature where any of us can just turn it on and off any time we want by just going to the marker in the Washington Gas Station. I'm not sure if Del/Blue completely removed it later on during 0.2e's development.

I think the Hill Valley map needs serious refinement

In case you don't know, about 80% of the "Hill Valley" map isn't actually official. It's fan-made. 80% of the map was made by Evilraptor for a Hill Valley map making contest in the previous forum where whoever wins will have his/her map featured in 0.2e. 20% of the map, which is the Courthouse square part which includes buildings that lack textures and aren't Vice City buildings, is the "official 1955 Hill Valley map". When Del/Blue decided to release it even though it wasn't really finished yet due to a lot of people asking for it I suppose, it was once placed floating above the Vice City airport. Evilraptor later on moved it there.

hes the most demanding n00b i think ive seen

Forgive him for now. He's a newbie, after all. He doesn't know yet about what's like being a modder (where modding is not a job, and modders do it in their free-time, and they can't really waste a lot of time for it when they should be doing more important stuff in their lives). And his requests sounded more like requests than demands, anyways.

I'm not sure if Del/Blue completely removed it later on during 0.2e's development.

Yes (s)he did. At least I cannot find it in the code.

I would like to see less Deloreans driving around in the 90's and 2000's. (Almost every car I see is a DeLorean) :o

Edited by raybob

I would like to see new radio stations coming with the mod, not downloadable separately, IF POSSIBLE.

I'd like to have a speed limiter in my timemachines, that can keep you below 88mph...

Maybe being indicated when it's active by a thing like the indicator for plutonium/mr. fusion.

I'd like to have a speed limiter in my timemachines, that can keep you below 88mph...

Maybe being indicated when it's active by a thing like the indicator for plutonium/mr. fusion.

why don't you turn the time circuits off

why don't you turn the time circuits off

Now that's the point... for making screenshots i'd like to leave them on while recording and not lokking at the speedometer...

or alternatly a tempomat (or however it is called.) you press a button (combo) and the delorean keeps the speed if no other forces influence him (e.g. hitting y wall).

Oooh... you mean like a cruise control feature... get camhack 2.9, it has a cruise control, and obviously as it's camhack you can change the camera angle :P

On this note, I think that when you have the time circuits on, the max speed you can go is 88 mph. But when you turn them off, you can hit top speed. This might mess up the timing for the clocktower run by a little bit, but I think it'd be more movie accurate that you hit the wire at exactly 88 mph instead of 92 or so.