:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

Can you guys make the DMC-13 lightning-proof, where it won't get damaged by lightning nor get struck by one at all because of the material it's made of?

This also reminds me of that "list of requests for the 2004 DeLorean" back in the old forums. So far, all requests were not accepted by Del/Blue except for the Location Circuits (I originally named it "Space Circuits"). I'm also not sure if one of my requests, which is to allow players to change the paintjob/color of the DMC-13 like the non-time machine one, is possible because Del never replied about this back in the old forums.

My old "List of Requests for the 2004 DeLorean / DMC-13" from what I can remember:

1. Location Circuits (implemented)
  2. Changeable paintjob/color
  3. Lightning-proof
  4. "Holographic mode" that allows you to copy the appearance of the nearest car/vehicle and cover the DMC-13 with a futuristic holographic cloak in the form of the copied car/vehicle itself, creating the perfect illusion and disguise (the best way to hide the time machine while you're away from it)
  5. A preset setting in the Location Circuits that allows you to travel directly to the Nth Dimension without damaging the time circuits
  6. Failsafe programming that keeps the time machine from time traveling if the time circuits are broken
  7. Paradox Detector, another failsafe feature when DMC-13 is present (driving it or not) that can detect paradoxes and provide a solution to prevent it like rewinding time back to the very moment the player arrived in his desired destination time through a unique type of time travel, much like in Prince of Persia, but such feature could only work if the player used the DMC-13 itself to travel to his destination when the paradox formed. (I later removed this from the list after I figured it's sort of useless and too complicated)

im sure you could make them yourself atleast the disguise and color would be sweet

im sure you could make them yourself atleast the disguise and color would be sweet

Uh haven't I told you guys earlier that I can't make my VC to work at the moment. Something's preventing it from working. Also I haven't really tried touching nor editing a main.scm file (original, not the stripped-down version) before. I'm all CLEO mods when it comes to GTA modding.

Like I said, the whole thing doesn't start anymore in my PC, while it works on other PCs, so it can't the SCM. Even stock GTA:VC can't be started -- same crap. I'm still fixing the GPU's driver itself, which would likely be the source of the problem 'cause my other games like the Steam version of Half-Life, Legacy of Kain: Defiance and Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends also don't work anymore (but the last two would likely be about the T&L problem; because of that crappy Windows 7 exclusive WDDM 1.0 driver, my GPU's T&L can no longer be detected).

#2: Well this would be work for K :D To make it carcols compatible the whole model needs to be changed.

#4: Wouldn't that look ugly? You're driving the DMC-13 press any key and it suddenly pops to be a different car? If there was a way to fade it it would be ok, but there is none.

#3,5,7: I don't like these ideas. And #7 really would be boring and too much code if not impossible.

#6: I'm not quite sure about that thing... Sounds reasonable, that Doc could have implemented some Self-Diagnosis in the DMC-13 if he had built it, so I'd agree with adding this idea.

I think this can be locked now, nothing outside of doc's truck and rogers animations are being added to 0.2f so this topic serves no purpose.

Locked unless someone thinks otherwise.

#3,5,7: I don't like these ideas

I would agree about 5 and 7 but not #3. Wouldn't 2015 cars be lightning proof now that they can fly in the air? I'm guessing getting hit by lightning while driving in the air in that era is considered as some funny joke or nothing worse than a bird pooing on your windshield while driving than a deadly disaster thanks to the new technology :lol: and we're talking about a 2015 car here.

Topic's still locked, dudes...

since the coding request topic is closed, I've to post this here: when the BTTF2 Delorean makes the lightning strike TT (backward 99 fire trails), it only falls down to the ground. Is there a possibility to let the BTTF2 Delorean take the way of the fire trails on reenetering?

That's impossible in VC, in SA it is more probable that it works.