Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

Guest rave

you think its possible to have the taxi that drove biff come pick you up and drop you off at the location you have chosen using 0.2d's loacation circuits but to drive you there and when you reach your destination the taxi has wheel animations from the dmc-13 del that go out and in?

Sadly that is very true, which is why my posts are few and far between... :/

Guest RazorX

Hi, I Don't know if its already been said but it would be nice if the time train could reach 88MPH when going in a straight line rather than having to fly it towards the ground also im a sucker for keep flipping the delorean on its roof so if you could incorporate the mod that automaticlly flips it over onto its wheels again it would be much appreciated and one other thing if its possible a controller in marty's hand when in rc mode would be great thanks.. :D

hmmm The Time train reaching 88 is already in the game, the controller is in the game and the third one is not yet.

Just learn how to drive better. And when using the BTTF 2 del just go into flight mode while the del is on it's roof, it will automatically realign itself.

No I think his problem is the train lags so much that it dosent reach 88mph and he has to nosedive for it to happen. Used to happen to me all the time when 0.2d came out, till I got my gaming computer. My advice, get a new video card.

Same case here. Dunno why my game lags when it shouldn't (my Half-Life 2 and F.E.A.R. run without a single lag). Tried many ways to make it right, but one only worked.

Either buy a new GFX card, or try putting the priority of the game up to the highest level via Windows Task Manager (run game > minimize > CTRL+ALT+DELETE > Process tab > Right-click gta-vc.exe > Set Priorities > Set to "Very High" or "Realtime"), and close all resource hogs or any program that you don't need when playing, and disconnect from the internet if you're connected for smooth gameplay. This should reduce your processor's work and allow it to give the game some boost. It works best for onboard GFX users.

If you're running Vista try closing Desktop Window Manager and Windows Explorer then run the game via Windows Task Manager (you know how to open programs via address, right? (i.e. C:\Program Files\Rockstar North\Grand Theft Auto - Vice City\gta-vc.exe)). Desktop Window Manager would re-open the first try you close it, so you'll need to close it twice. Vista is a resource hog because of these 2 programs, so closing them would free up memory and reduce your processor's work. In fact, Vista is more stable, more powerful and faster than XP this way.

Guest miguelo777

hi, im new here. :)

first, sorry my english because im spanish...

and sorry about posting here (i dont know if this are the correct place for this), i try to post this in the other "0.2f model request but i cant, because these topic say "you cant post because this topic not have responses in 7 days" ¿?

well, first after all, i want to say THANK YOU to all the people involved in this, that make possible this INCREDIBLE SUPER MOD! for gta vice city (and like i see in a future for gta sa).

i love the back to the future trilogy and the knight rider old tv series :D .

and finally after years, all we can play with the famous delorean of doc brown, and also with the knight rider! from our chilhood :). so i think that this is really cool :lol:

also i have one idea for you all... did you know "street hawk"?

"street hawk" are one old 80´s tv series of a injured policeman that use a experimental "super bike" for fight against crime in the city.

the bike use a "turbo aceleration" when a regresive counter reaches 0, that make the bike reach increible speeds guided by the computer, have one flametrower, and some other things like high jump hability (one turbo jump like the "turbo boost" in knight rider).

apart, is colour black and have cool blue lights.

the tv series are cool, but the show was cancelled after chapter 13 (the damned number!) because the appearance of the knight rider tv series, with the same style but better things, because are a car and not a bike, and the pilot can be more protected and armed, you know...

i have 32 years old and i remenber that old tv show, so one day i can download it for see and enjoy again that old tv series from me childhood.

the super bike "street hawk" are really cool, and i think that maybe someone of you like the idea, because you added knight rider car to the mod (i supposed because is a 80´s car) and the same happens to street hawk, that is other 80´s same period thing.

play with that super bike can be very cool ;) and with that, you can make not only super cars, also super bikes!.

the mod with that can be perfect for me ;)

but i dont know if this can be possible, i see in youtube videos for make really rare things in gta vice city like zombies, ovnis, ¿? or even super high speed cars, so i thing that this maybe be possible...

even more if for be honest, i never thing that can be possible make time travel in gtavc (of course you have forced to make maps for that) but... you make it!, and do that possible is GREAT!.

so i think: why not? after see all those cool things i think that maybe you can do it (of course, if you like the idea).

so, if someone genius is interested, of course exist websites dedicated to the old tv series of "street hawk" with a lot of pictures and even sounds or music/remixes from "tangarine dream" and the unforgetable main music from this show.

just another thing more:

i remenber read that the bike is a normal bike from 80´s with some things added (old tunning). so i almost sure that these model of bike maybe can be one of the models in the gta vc game!...

bye. and thanks again for this dream mod...! and for readme ;)

pd: the "street hawk" tv series in spain was named: "el halcon callejero".

pd2: see these are the website of street hawk i talking about:

http://www.streethawkonline.com/

http://www.streethawkonline.com/bikeinfo.php

Edited by miguelo777

the super bike "street hawk" are really cool, and i think that maybe someone of you like the idea, because you added knight rider car to the mod (i supposed because is a 80´s car) and the same happens to street hawk, that is other 80´s same period thing.

Note that we removed KITT from the current version of the BTTF mod because the coding space we have is too limited, and KITT is non-BTTF related enough for us to remove. The reason why KITT was in the early version of the mod because someone requested it (by the one who helped in making this mod possible, "~Stalker~" specifically), not necessarily because it's another "super car" featured in the '80s. It would be okay if it would be JUST a model of the bike, no special features whatsoever -- we can just make it a future vehicle for years 2010 and up, which is a perfect era for it -- but what you're requesting requires code.

We're only accepting requests/suggestions that are BTTF-related.

If you're referring to a separate mod for Street Hawk, this is the wrong place to post this. This is for requests/suggestions for the BTTF mod, but since you're new here, I'll let you pass.

As in, go one minute to the past, and see yourself time travel, not possible. However, using the same code as the plain at Escobar International, you can revisit important scenes, such as the Lightning Bolt, or Pushing the DeLorean to 88mph (a la Back to the Future Part 3)

most likely the Lightning Run from Part I, the Train Push scene from Pt III and with any luck the Lightning Striking The DeLorean scene from Part II

other selves is explained on the other selves section :D

Just learn how to drive better. And when using the BTTF 2 del just go into flight mode while the del is on it's roof, it will automatically realign itself.

Or use the RC feature to back-flip it. Get out, enter RC, leave RC, get in, drive on!

However, using the same code as the plain at Escobar International,

To point it out in a clear way:

There is NO code used that makes the plane "un-touchable". It simply has no collision in order to prevent the game from crashing (If you gave it a collision, the game wouldn't knew what to do when you run into it and crash - that's the reason why there is no collision for the plane). Also, there is NO code that sends the plane around. It only has its path defined in a file that directly gets parsed by the game - lets say it is hardcoded.

So stop saying anything about a plane code that can be used for such other-selves :angry: .

Please excuse me for sounding rude.

i totally agree. the plane idea.. its totally hard coded, as mini me said you can only change its looks and paths.

and if your driving the delorean.. just change from flying mode on/off. and if you have to do it the hard way get the vice city trainer!

Edited by Mini-Me
no need to quote my whole nagging

Guest miguelo777

ok, then sorry about posting these idea here.

of course i say it about your bttf mod because have the knight rider included (i dont have idea that the actual version of the mod dont have it :huh: )

but is not a bad idea make the street hawk bike in a diferent mod (of course if someone have interested). so i want to post this idea in the other mods section.

edit: done. i post this in the "other mods" section ;)

Edited by miguelo777

How about a thing above the HUD that tells your month day and year?