Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

Yep, everything's correct.

Maybe I'll put it on my wordpress site somewhen, but not atm.

And the thread for the Speedo is called

create_thread @SPDMTR

Long Question just askin about long will the railroad tracks be in the addon on or in 0.2f i know to the end of the airpot road in 1985 i saw the video an it has the bridge when you arrived u fall in the sea will the railroad tracks continue too like too the end of hill valley to like hilldale or somethin?

The tracks you see are just for fun. They are NOT the real tracks. The real tracks will be built along with the full map.

No. Did someone pin the mod progress topic?

Guest Tojima

Hi I'm new here!

Maybe in at the year 2015 flying cars?...the models from the little airplane and helicopter change into flying cars...could in be done?

That would be very cool!

And traffic in Hill Valley (not much)...also the Police did not catch up to hill valley...

It can be done, but the vehicles have no .col files if you havn't noticed, thats it because it'd lag, plus you can't have more than the amount of flight paths available (not sure, but it might be limited in the .exe) I think there are 6 available; police helicopter, the plane with the banner, three jumbo planes including the one at the airport and the cornels boat. <_<

Guest Tojima
it could be done with the same sorta flying paths as the planes use

this is what i mean...this would be great in the year 2015 but with a little bit more flying cars! B)

Mini-Me got it working :P , did you not see it in the 'screenshots and vids' topic, when he made a car object go around my skyway ;) with headlights. That used the cornels boat path, I know because I asked him :lol:

Edited by Orgcon

We may do something like have several models fly in paths around the skyway in 2015 and have a place where they all land and then spawn the actual car in it's place or something. Then they drive around, but the flying cars will need a col file.

have a place where they all land and then spawn the actual car in it's place or something.

Like here?

f_vlcsnap2151m_ab4d444.png

that's what I was thinking, that and maybe a few other places, we would also need a place where they all spawn though, so we may need to have a tunnel they come out of and lift off, one that you can't go into though, that way they all come out and land and spawn a normal car, so we cdon't have to worry about finding a way to make the cars lift off at a certain place.

i belive ill be able to add "ghost" cars to a path in the sky with spookies c++ hook, although, itd take forever. might as well ghange the path for planes and change the planes into cars!!!

they would need to have col files though, and maybe even a horn if you get in their way like the taxi cab from BTTF 2.

have a place where they all land and then spawn the actual car in it's place or something. Then they drive around, but the flying cars will need a col file.

That might be a bit problematic. I'm not quite sure, but I don't think it is possible to turn a code-wise spawned car into a regular traffic car. Additionally it might (need to) stay in memory then and would slow down the computer hugely.

we would also need a place where they all spawn though

The end of the map? You automatically get returned if you drive/fly/walk too far.

i belive ill be able to add "ghost" cars to a path in the sky with spookies c++ hook, although, itd take forever. might as well ghange the path for planes and change the planes into cars!!!

hrmpf, I'm still not that convinced of "c++ hook hacking"... Already the fact that it is quite often a d3d8.dll file that sort of "restricts" the usage of other things... Isn't that possible through a *.asi sometimes, too?

Turning the object into a car wouldn't be hard, since there is a certain car that comes down and lands, maybe 3 cars that do every few minutes. Like the airplane always lands in the same place every few minutes.

The airplane is just one object. The patrol helicopter we also see flying in the sky is another. But considering all of the 2015 cars we have, is it really possible to have all of them flying in the sky by making objects of them and having them follow a path in the sky? Turning a car into an object wouldn't be hard, but having the game randomly select a car to have it land/lift off to/from any of the landing areas in the game would be hell hard or if not impossible. We wouldn't want the same cars parking/lifting off to/from the same landing spots.

If we really want to try out this skyway traffic feature in the mod, let us just first make a traffic of flying cars then deal with the landing and lifting off later. We are coding public betas here, 'ya know, we really don't need to rush on completing and implementing the entire feature in one of the betas. We need to take it slow and step-by-step, which is what public betas are for. A skyway traffic is one of many stuff people want to see from an advanced period so it would be enough at the moment for people to see future cars flying in the sky.

hrmpf, I'm still not that convinced of "c++ hook hacking"... Already the fact that it is quite often a d3d8.dll file that sort of "restricts" the usage of other things... Isn't that possible through a *.asi sometimes, too?

I doubt .ASI and/or C++ hook hacking alone would give us a working skyway traffic feature.

Yeah, that would be cool.

But it would really only play 2 songs, the "Davy Crockett" one and the other one when George was Lorraine's "Density".