:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
timetrain

0.2f Coding Requests

I wish we could add extra buttons in VC. :( I mean my bananas has some serious combinations of keypresses too. :(

Hit the V button in RC mode Mini-Me the camera angle changes to the car.

:o Oh really?

No, of course I knew about that, but... uhmmm... see by yourself:

driver_mode.jpg

rc_mode.jpg

I know you see the difference ;)

All I'd like to have would be a view a bit more looking straight instead of this nearly-top-down-view.

I hope you understand my complicate description.

Oh that is what you meant. I know what you mean now. lol Don't forget the rc feature used to be on smaller "vehicles" so you would have been able to see more.

Hi everybody.

I'm new here. I got the mod and installed it yesterday. Did the tut today, and messed around a bit, like I usualy do in mods and games, just to see if I can find funny bugs to exploit.

I was impressed of the memory capability.

Say: I sent a BTTF2 DMC12 on the airport landing ground to arrive a 3:20 PM. Then, with a DMC13, sent myself to the place at 3:19 PM with the locator and I actually saw the remote controled car get there after me.

So I tried with myself and a car. Got the DMC 13, jumped to 3:35 PM, fueled up Mr.F, noised around, waited a minute, then sent myself back a minute before my arriving there.

Nothing happened.

So, heres ma question/request: Is it possible to code and/or add a time loop function. I don't ask for an endless possiblity, but if I can 1 or 2 copies of myself and their cars to mess with, that would do great movies I think :D

Thanks for your time, and happy new year to all

Jonsey

It's not possible due to game limitations. But, this IS possible:

Get a BTTF2 Delorean and send to 3:55, now go get a BTTF3 Delorean and go to the exact same time. You should see your BTTF2 Delorean re-entry but you won't be inside it. Copies of yourself are NOT possible and will never EVER be possible.

Yeah. If the game engine is ultra powerful. <_<

it might be possible if the player model inside the car is a different model ( a ped model but is a copy or the marty one)

No, someone of the mod team said that only RC-Cars can be "recorded" for the multiple time machines thingy... Wait a moment... This can't be true :D

If you pick a RC-Car (let's call it #1) and send it to some time to then pick another car (let's call it #2) to follow it, you can enter #1 and timtravel to the exact point of time once again, you can see #2 renter.

So that means the proposition isn't true (at least not for releases after 0.2d).

Yeah. If the game engine is ultra powerful. <_<

We'd need that and a lot RAM :D

So if I understand you right, you meant that #2 wouldn't reenter into time?

Do I need to prove it :P ? I'll make a vid. showing this.

Done:

th_gta-vc2009-01-0514-16-13-39avi.jpg

Edited by Mini-Me

Guest rave

wee need the bill and ted's exelent adventure phone booth

like on the side walk where the charactor walks in to the booth and enter your time then hit enter and it time travels

We're not going to have any references to other time travel shows. So no Bill & Ted, Doctor Who, Star Trek, Time Cop, 7 Days, etc.

First off, sorry I would've put this in the idea/requests thread but it wouldn't let me.

Anyway first off, do you think we could change it so that when you make a new delorean you don't have to fill Mr. Fusion or whatever? Like make it so its ready to go for a time jump. I dunno personally that would preferential for me, but I guess we'd have to see what everyone thinks.

Second, will the acceleration be different in 0.2f? Personally I think the Dels reach 88 too quick, and that at around 82 to 84 you should see a significant decrease in the acceleration from there on up. In all the movies you pretty much saw the Del maxed out at 88 or 89 (ours maxes out at 93) so you shouldn't be able to get to max speed so quick is all I'm suggesting.

Well first off, even though you make an excellent point, due to VC limitations we can't change the acceleration to be more accurate cause it just isn't possible. :P

you can probably take the acceleration code from 0.2d and put it in 0.2f (emphasis on the "probably"), but then that took way too long to reach 88.