Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
TWG

Re-elect Mayor Red (the bum?) Thomas!

I was watching BTTF at work today, and as i watched the '55 scene when Marty is examining the town square. Something just kind of clicked.

So, Red Thomas, the mayor running for re-election in 55, is he, or could he be, the same bum named Red in 85? It makes sense somehow because Marty recognizes him in 85 when he comes back to the future (aha, because that's the name of the movie....tee hee).

Thoughts? Am i just stupid for not realizing this before? Lol. =/

Wow, you wanna know what's funny? That never came to my mind until now. But I think the only reason Marty recognized Red (the bum), is because maybe every town has at least one bum and everyone knows who he/she is... But if they are the same person (Mayor Red Thomas and Red The Bum) that would only mean that Red's political career took a tragic downfall at some point... Hmm, I wish there were something we could read or watch about the history of Hill Valley, since there are so many loose ends. But that's the problem, that history was never created for the movies, they just kinda flew by the seat of their pants on most things I think. I don't think they realized BTTF would have such an enormous following like it does.

I don't know, the picture of red thomas on the van was of an old man, which would make him very f*cking old in 1985. As where red the bum was a middle age man 45-60.

Edited by Joe Statler

I don't know, the picture of red thomas on the van was of an old man, which would make him very f*cking old in 1985. As where red the bum was a middle age man 45-60.

iwas like just about to say wouldnt he be like rly old lol

So, Red Thomas, the mayor running for re-election in 55, is he, or could he be, the same bum named Red in 85? It makes sense somehow because Marty recognizes him in 85 when he comes back to the future.

It's not the same guy, not since Marty says "Red! .... You look great! .... Everything looks great!". Plus, I read on a German fan page that it's not Red Thomas, it's just a strange coincidence.

Red Thomas Jr. ...?

HA! LOL, imagine red going back to see his father as mayor, Red Jr stoll the time machine, gave the book to himself as a child, and red jr is now mayor like his father. Red Thomas Senior, the man who took his life and shoved it completely down the toilet!

Red To The Future!

Coming soon to a trash can near you!

Edited by BTTF Forever

Lets pretend I understood what I just said. Ha Ha *cough* Ha.

The name "Red" was an ad lib by micheal j fox. red thomas and red "the bum" are a coincidence.

the end

Go back and watch the scene when Marty is back from '55 and says Red! Bob Gale says that it was in no way any type of relation, MJF just adlibbed that joke, like the P in the name Alex P Keaton.

Sign in to follow this