Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTF Forever

No bugs or Movie Accuracy? (Poll)

No bugs or Movie Accuracy  

58 members have voted

1. 1. Whats more important for the VC version? No bugs, or movie accuracy?

• I don't want crashing, but i dont care about movie accuracy
    • I don't want crashing, but i want Movie Accuracy
    • I don't care about crashing, as long as its movie accurate
    • I don't care about crashing, and i dont care about movie accuracy
    • i will only care about movie accuracy when the mod hits 0.3a, it doesnt really matter at the moment
    • movie accuracy is everything!, start making it movie accurate now!
    • I don't like the Vice City version

I am starting this poll because i want to see how many people care about movie accuracy and bugs. There is also a lot of things people want in the mod that are not movie movie accurate, but does it really matter if its movie accurate yet, i mean we havent started the missions yet, or have a proper hill valley map in yet,

please vote!

If you're talking about the full detail/accuracy of the core features (coil glows, sparks, etc). they are doing so because 0.2d/0.2e/0.2f will be the last of the versions of the mod where they'll add the core features. In the rest of the versions after 0.2f, they'll just be adding missions or mission-based features.

If they try making them movie accurate after they add the missions, it will cause more problems for the modders than the crashes we have right now, come to think of it. In the worst case scenario for the coders, they might come to a point that they'll need to rewrite a part of the code, which would most likely lead to the rewriting of another part of the code (and another and another). The time they need to do so won't delay the release (and make the mod look dead), but the lack of time the coders have in their hands to do so will.

Also, there is a very good reason why the mod is called public beta. :P

Modding is all about step-by-step modification of the game. So, imo, it would be best if we have the movie-accurate core features and the debugging now and the adding of the missions/mission-based features later, instead of the other way around.

i know, i understand what your saying, if they add movie accuracy later, it will cause major problems. And i agree with that, but i just want to see what other people want that's all, its easier to make a poll then to ask every member individualy! LOL

Regardless of the outcome of this poll it won't affect anything anyway, we're sticking to our guns and making the mod the way we feel is best. If people don't like it, they can go make their own mod.

@Mike: these questions have been bugging me, how are you gonna find the coding space to replace all the buildings from the 5 different times?, allong with time travel, garages, missions, spaths, cutscenes...... AND LOTS MORE!, I think you might have to have seperate .scm files. and another thing, how are you gonna fit all those different models in the game?, are you gonna use seperate .img files?, doesn't the game have a limit of how many models can be put in?, there are so many problems to figure out with this mod!!, and when are we gonna figure them out?

i bet that we will get to the point where the game engine wont be able to handle it anymore, so we will either have to:

find a guy who worked on VC, and see if he can ramp up the game engine

OR

move to san andreas or gta 4

sorry, this is all a bit off topic, but its really been bugging me, and i don't want to see this spec of hope for a back to the future game die all because of an 8 year old game engine!

OK:

1: Missions don't to the SCM limit.

2: There is sufficient coding space for the Time Changes

3: We will put all models in 1 IMG. Not all eras will have an IPL. Just 1.

4: Yes the game has a limit. But the VC limit adjuster will increase that.

5: We already figured out the problems :P

so i guess everything is figured out huh? are you still bug testing 0.2f?, yes i know your making it for SA as well, and maybe there is gonna be like a mini mod for gta 4, imagine the time effects in that!

i haven't herd any progress from the SA version, is blue still working on it?

EDIT: GTA 4 is gonna be hard at the moment, since there isnt many tools out there, and does gta4 use main.scm coding?

Edited by BTTF Forever

Blue is on a break at the moment, but there are still things that can be done on both mods without needing him to make any coding changes.

From the small group of users who have tested the current build of 0.2f, the feedback has been that it is a lot more stable than 0.2e, sure it has it's own set of bugs which need to be fixed, but it's a step in the right direction.

how do you become one of those small group of users, known as beta testers, do you pick them at random?

but yeah, it is a step in the right direction, the coding is working out, but the modeling will take a while, i mean there are still alot of models to be done for 1 modeler to do, thats why im trying to get my mums cousin in touch with you guys, hes a modeler and animator for feature films, hes working on happy feet 2 at the moment, im still waiting for my dad to get his email address so i can send off an email to him, and if he can help us, it might speed things up quite a bit, i mean just imagine what the cutscene animations will look like!

EDIT: @Mike: i know you already know this, wanted to let everyone else know

Edited by BTTF Forever

Why do I smell Bulls**t (hey I pulled a Mike :P) Liam gets to do all the Court House Square eras. He wants to do them so who are we to deny him?

how do you become one of those small group of users, known as beta testers, do you pick them at random?
I never tell people how, and those that have figured it out are sworn to secrecy, if they inform other people then they risk penalties.

Edit - What DK said, plus I think it makes more sense to have Liam model the whole square rather than mixing and matching different peoples models.

Well there's still many other buildings to model. The mall, Peabody Farm, Doc's house, Doc's Garage, and many many more.

Exactly, and that is where we can utilise other modelers. However since Liam has started the square, and has already completed all the clocktower models, we feel he is best positioned to complete the rest of the courthouse square models for 1955 and indeed all the other eras.

Well the inside of the gamble house can be assumed from the film references as the other house (that the interior and front door were used) made by the same architect is off limits to the public.

Anyway it seams that team know what their doing so why does it matter if we have a poll.

Also if you need any random buildings done i used to be a 2d and 3d drafter before i join the army. ive got and older copy of 3ds knocking around.

Just leave them be, and focus on other games for the time being. This is what I do. I barely follow the site, so I don't go insane. Nor do I ask for updates on anything.

Edited by archer9234

it's gone, removed months ago, and with the edits to the time travel script and the addition of the keypad, I would think a major portion of that mission code would need re-writing.

So... there are no missions in the game now? Besides the tutorial, if it's still in/considered a mission.

If the tutorial is still in, then I'm guessing that it will need to be rewritten also...

Sign in to follow this