:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

TT and logical mistake in BTTF3

Mark, October 27, 1985 was a Sunday

So that means at 11am people were returning home from Sunday mass (Christianity).

mMaybe then it DID go too late?

Look, Doc said that it will be POSSIBLE to rebuilt the Time Circuit using 1955 Radio parts. But knowing Doc, everything could go horribly wrong, but instead it just went wrong.

Kind of no. Cause no one had suits on.

Do they need to wear suits for Sunday mass back then?

mMaybe then it DID go too late?

Look, Doc said that it will be POSSIBLE to rebuilt the Time Circuit using 1955 Radio parts. But knowing Doc, everything could go horribly wrong, but instead it just went wrong.

More like fixing it instead of rebuilding the whole thing. Yes, with Doc, anything could go wrong, except of if he follows instructions. The future Doc after all knows his own DeLorean better than his younger 1955 counterpart.

I'll look onto this myself, hopefully I would be able to explain it myself. It is possible that the DeLorean might have sent Marty at a later time in 1885, but if it is true wouldn't Marty also travel back to 1985 in a later time, too? Marty got to 1985 in the right date and time as set in the time circuits, as far as I can remember.

If there is a loose connection somewhere - the effects can be randomized.

I doubt that Doc cared about anything more than getting Marty to 1985/1885 at that moment. So he probably checked all wiring 50 times and then 50 more.

Look, the DeLorean was driving across a field of dirt. Surely something loosened up, so far only Toyota came up with a way of fighting that.

Why do you think it kaboom'd back in 1985 not in the time set? Usually, there are at least 4+ cars waiting for the train to pass by

Look, the DeLorean was driving across a field of dirt. Surely something loosened up, so far only Toyota came up with a way of fighting that.

So you're suggesting dirt caused the loosening?

Not dirt as such, but the gravel. Remember - DeLorean is a highwaymobile. Or something could get clogged. What I am saying is there are so many variables - you can't keep up with them.

well, here is what i think:

1. the del could have picked up some 'dirt'or 'gravel' from its journey to 1955

2. upgrading the del made the TC malfunction

3. your forgetting that only the micro-processor in the TC failed when it was struck, not the time circuits themselves, and the micro-processor was rebuilt as a macro-processor by 1955 doc

4. the TC AM and PM were reversed when the upgrade happened, and the malfuntion sent doc back to 1885 when he accidently activated them

5. the TC were still malfuntioning when the M-P was replaced

In California, I don't think so...

It get's dark here in texas around 6pm during winter time. And that's the earliest.

in LA (part of cali) we are 2 hours behind you leaving the sun to set around 8pm

Marty woke up at like the middle of the day, simple error on the movie part lol

he stayed there all day before going to Hill Valley the next day to find doc....

I dont know if you already did see it, but in the first part, the libian chase, marty uses the gear shift to activate the TC

No, he doesn't. He accidently pushes TC switch several times when shifting gears.

i thought Marty only hits the TC switch once? oh well, doc does it too!, in the second movie, crashes into sign, Dam!, shifts gear, hits time circuit switch, LED's blink JAN 01 1885 12:00 AM or PM (cant remember)

as if you wouldn't here the time circuits turning on!

EDIT: actually i think Marty hits the time circuit switch 3 times, the first time its obvious, the second time you just here it when he changes gears, you dont get to see it, and the third time "Let's see if you b*****ds can do 90!", changes gear, speeds off!

best quote ever! LOL

Edited by BTTF Forever

Yeah;

'Lets see if you b*****ds can do 90!" *Shifts into (probably) 5th gear* *BooM*

He turned it on and off for 2 times in the Lybian chase scene as far as I remember.

He puts it in fourth. The fifth gear isn't meant for acceleration, it's used for maintaining the same speed.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this