Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

TT and logical mistake in BTTF3

Aren't you supposed to TURN the time circuit switch about 90 degrees for the time circuits to turn on? How could the gear shift even turn it on?

And if you think that Marty just pulled the gear to the left, it wouldn't work because the handle would be blocking the pathway for the gear..

Dude, his wrist hits the time circuit, not the gear shift.

You can clearly see it in this snapshot I made.

f_1vofho339fom_18bce17.jpg

so the second time him hitting the switch never happened?

i sware i heard him hit the switch a second time here:

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...x.php?cs=175175

look at the handle!

when its on, the handle looks like this (joe stalter's pic)

f_1vofho339fom_18bce17.jpg

when its on its diagnal, the TC's are on, when its horizontal, there off

i rest my case

Edited by BTTF Forever

He hit it 3 times. First time, shift. TC turned on. Second time, shift. Off screen sound. TC turned off. Third shift on the b*****ds 90 line. Turned them on again.

Edited by archer9234

or he switched them on, and didnt hit it again?

how would he switch them off, the leaver was vertical, there was no way he could have domne it accidently, unless your a glitched man

His arm can hit the top of the handle when moving back to the steering wheel. Regardless how believable it is. The TC power off sound IS heard at that point.

Edited by archer9234

If you didn't notice that your not a big enough fan. :P

Reminds me of this guy I use to work security with. We got into talking about BTTF and he said that the delorean was automatic. And I said, "F*CK NO, it's manual!" And he said he was right and I kept on telling him that he was a moron.

Edited by Joe Statler

obviously your talking bout this scene

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...x.php?cs=175150

the scene when he sort of looks back then throws the gearstick forward, and you hear the TC make a weid sound, like when you first turn it on (krrrrrrrrr.......bleeep............shoooooooo) but you just here the first bit (krrrrrrrr), then you see the TM hit a small ditch in the road

Edited by BTTF Forever

If you didn't notice that your not a big enough fan. :P

Reminds me of this guy I use to work security with. We got into talking about BTTF and he said that the delorean was automatic. And I said, "F*CK NO, it's manual!" And he said he was right and I kept on telling him that he was a moron.

Automatic with a sports mode implement?

Shift 1: Drive 2 (from drive 1 upon initial movement) (turns on TC)

Shift 2: Drive 3 (TC turns off)

Shift 3: Sports mode (See if you B******S can do 90) (TC on again.)

Maybe I'm wrong, but that's how Automatics over here work (given they have sports mode obv, without it it just has N, 1, 2, 3, and R)

If I'm wrong... oh well :P

You could see that Marty hit both brake and clutch(idk how you call it) pedals when arriving at 1955 Lyon Estates, meaning it's manual transmission

Edited by RG

and look at the gear lever the typical automatic lever will only go backwards and forwards the deloreans works like amanual so it must be a manual and if you look closely when marty changes gear his foot moves just as he does that.

Other than that, as others before me have speculated, it would be nigh on impossible for, in the first time travel experiment with Einstein, the Delorean to accelerate to 88 miles per hour in such a short distance if it had been automatic transmission.

Doc's a genius, I bet he installed a semi-auto transmission onto the car. Plus, why did he shift gears in the air?

because the vents control the speed so he probably had another pedal or something

no he wouldnt need another switch the normal accelartor would control forwards thrust

makes scence that the gas pedal would be converted when flying

And what makes it go up/down? Well, I guess, the steering wheel acts like in a plane, but what about taking off from one place without moving around?

maybe thats what the gear lever is used for in flying mode, maybe when you need to u and down you move the lever and t changes so the gas pedal is up and the brake is down.

Sign in to follow this