Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

TT and logical mistake in BTTF3

Doc types in the destination time for 1885 as SEP 2 1885 8:00 AM, BUT the TCs show PM as selected (PM + the lower colon dot is on).

Next, when Marty wakes up at the McFly Farm he was sleeping almost 6 hours (as Maggie McFly says), BUT there's the next (related) mistake: dark sky at 2:00 PM (if Marty arrived at 8 AM)?? or dinner at 2:00 AM the next day (if Marty arrived at 8 PM)????

also, when Marty goes back to 1985, he goes to 11:00 AM, but the TCs show PM.

I'll soon post some pics that show what I mean.

Here are the pics:

PMarrival1885.jpg

PMarrival1985.jpg

In BTTF 2 and BTTF 3, the am and pm was switched around

Sure, but what about the logical mistake in relation to the McFly Farm?

I can't believe that the night on September 2 1885 began at lunchtime and I also can't believe that the McFlys had dinner in the early night of the next day.

Marty was sent back to 1885 at 8:00 am

Marty is knock out for atleast 6 hours.

It be about 2:30 pm-ist before marty wakes up.

Maybe the light for the time of day is off.

Here's a thought, Marty wakes up around 2:00-2:30ish then Seamus walks in with the badgers or whatever the hell those rodent things were. They had to be skinned (skinning an animal takes at least an hour and a half if you do it REALLY fast) AND they had to be cooked, which is about another hour or so, which puts dinner somewhere in the vicinity of 4:30-5:00 PM at minimum.

Edited by hscitpe

GOD, people, it's September. Plus, don't forget, Maggie had the curtains closed, plus it would take some time to cook those rabbits. Take into account the gas system of those times.

But if you look out the door when Seamus coming it it is dark out and it is moon light.

The sun sets at 3:38 in NYC. It's fully dark by 4:20 PM. That can easily happen over there.

Edited by archer9234

In California, I don't think so...

It get's dark here in texas around 6pm during winter time. And that's the earliest.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sets at 4PM in winter. But I'm far more closer to north pole than NYC or california anyway.

Edited by RG

Hold on a minute, how did Maggie know he slept for six hours? Or maybe the Time Circuit was faulty and sent him a tad too late?

Didn't they have clocks in late 19th century?

Edited by RG

Where we're going we don't need clocks.

Well, duh! Clockwork was around for at least 200 years by then.

Solar clocks were invented in acient Greece. The Clock tower had a clock, come on!

Edited by iMaster

So Maggie knew that Marty slept for 6 hours by taking a look to a.. clock. Question answered.

And I doubt that Doc would have fixed TCs so they are not fixed after all.

Yeah, I think the Time Circuit was a bit out of sync.

I am nOt all that into detail, but upon returnng to 1985, Marty input Oct 27 1985 11:00 am. Is it really that crwded at 11 am? People are usually at work during that time, that looked as if it were lunch time. Fun, huh? Perhaps the TC DID send Marty too late.

Edited by iMaster

Yeah, I think the Time Circuit was a bit out of sync.

I am nOt all that into detail, but upon returnng to 1985, Marty input Oct 27 1985 11:00 am. Is it really that crwded at 11 am? People are usually at work during that time, that looked as if it were lunch time. Fun, huh? Perhaps the TC DID send Marty too late.

Mark, October 27, 1985 was a Sunday

Uh, crap. OK, but I still think the Time Circuit is faulty due to the whole SteamPunk over it got in 1955 :P

Sign in to follow this