Sign in to follow this  
Ziero

Spawning a TM for 2f or later

TM spawning?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one...

• A. Until Missions.
    • B. 0.2e add-on.
    • C: Until missions, only BTTF 2 DeLorean.
    • D: Add-on 0.2e, only BTTF 2 DeLorean.
    • An "unlock" once you beat the game.

you didn't double post, but whatev

the other thing... wait and see my young padawan, wait and see

@RG Sure, everyone loves you Mr.Perfect.

Actually I have a few reasons why I dislike the idea

1.Not movie accurate, as mentioned.

2.We've had spawning cars before

3.This is a simple code you can take out of 0.2a, so why should we add it if you can add it yourself?

the force is strong with you i must say.

im not gonna ask how long im gonna have to wait for this other thing to reveal itself.

oh well, answer these for me

1. is it for vc or sa?

2.is it better then the spawner?

@flux: this is not a simple code, its not a spawn code where the car spawns beside you. when you spawn, you see 3 explosions about 50 meters infront of you. the car comes out and parks right beside you.

and f##k movie accuracy!!!!!

ill tell you some other things that are not movie accurate

:dmc 13

:04 delorean

:custom location

:the ride (i know thats been removed)

:the tutorial (thats not a very good example)

:time effects

see, some movie accuracy issues can not be solved due to limitations.

and who gives a s##t if its been done before, i dont think very many people are tied of it, sa is doing it, why doesnt sa do the garage then HHMMM? i think sa's spawning is cool

Edited by BTTF Forever

It's for 2e, in comparison to the spawner, to me it is better. It's Finished as of now, trying to get a vid together for it, might be up later tonight, if not tomorrow.

great. i cant wait!

could really use that time machine now!

ohhhhh! just got an idea for the spawner, it spawns on the nearest road, and follows the road until it reaches you.

but if theres no road in about a 50 metre radius, it just spawns 30 metres infront of you

Edited by BTTF Forever

@BTTF Forever

Well you could of mentioned the whole rentry thing

And everything you listed above there was taken out except the regular dmc-13 and 04 del.. and time effects? Those are movie accurate.

So are you saying this spawn thing should be like the Crysis one?

edit: and SA is a minimod, not a full-out one, so spawning is of course staying in there.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

@BTTF: Dude, calm down, I'd hate to see a fan (am I right?) get suspended because of Flux. Just ignore him, that's what we all do.

@Flux: If you have ever played the most recent release of the SA mini-mod (with latest source), you would know exactly what we are talking about.

yeah, sorry, just had to let off a little steam thats all

Edit: yes you are right, i am a fan, i have all 3 bttfs on my ipod and psp, infact im sitting in my media room with my laptop whatching bttf 2 on my 200 inch HD projector, 6.1 surround sound system DTS compatible. but a mouse chood through 5 wires so only the centre speaker works!!

Edited by BTTF Forever

@Flux: If you have ever played the most recent release of the SA mini-mod (with latest source), you would know exactly what we are talking about.

Oh, I haven't played the San Andreas mod since the installer wouldn't work for me, I just thought that spawn thing was still included

Edited by Flux Capacitor

well just to let you know flux, the latest sa has a spawn that when you push 1 the bttf 1 del comes out of 3 explotions and stops next to you, thats what zeiro is trying to incorperate in 0.2e or later.

im sorry i went off at you

Actually BTTF, its the #2, and its a BTTF2 del that comes out... but hey, whatever.

I'd think it'd be a great idea :P

Now I'd say there would be a limit, so you wont keep hitting "R" and there will be a spam of explosions and a bajillion deloreans x-x

I would say like "3 of the same delorean" for each time you press the button, until they blow up, drown, etc.

and there would be a delay everytime you press R

Edit: I know for a fact it wont be a 0.2e addon because the team stopped messing with 0.2e loong ago.

Edited by Flux Capacitor

Maybe not an official add-on, but there's nothing wrong with fan-made add-ons, now are there? That was my whole point, I'm going to make a fan-made add-on for 0.2e if the mod team thinks that adding it to 0.2f or later until missions is a bad idea... But my original intention was just to do the BTTF2 del, and if that works out well, and I don't run out of key presses, then I may do other dels too.

@flux: well havnt you turned arround!!!!

with the spawning, i think it should be limited also, infact in sa, i spawnded 7 dels, and on my 8th button push, it crashed, it did it again the next time i played it.

i dont know what it should be, when you reach the limit, should it say "you have reached your spawning limit"

or when you hit the spawn button, the last spawned del blows up. its like its a paradox or something

i think the first one is a little better

you could also have a counter, so it tells you how many are spawned (limit to 3) and implement mini-mes time train tracker to track these 3 dels on your map! :)

yeah, thats pretty cool, sort of moves away from what zieros doing though, the counter you dont really need, but as you spawn them, you see the different numbers pop up on the map.

@RG Sure, everyone loves you Mr.Perfect.

Why, thank you.

Also, why not just edit the RR spawner code that comes with Trance's ravine mod?

cant wait for ziero to wake up and post that video, its 5:00 in the morning over where he is, dam time difference. he really likes doin this doesnt he? i recon he should be part of the coding team. i dont think there is a way to nominate people, but if there was, he'd have my vote!

imagine waking up the next morning, and finding out your on the mod team, he would be surprised!

i wonder how there goin with 0.2f, havent heared any updates of anything, even of just work in progress.

oh well, the video that ziero is going to upload is not of the spawner, it is somthing he has been working on for a while for 0.2e, he says in his opinion that it is better than the spawner, cant guess what it is, any ideas?

ahem, not anyone can join the team, and they have 2 perfectly capable people, also they said that there is no need for coding much in the future, most of its done, now its just missions and a bit of this and that!

but srane, i know what hes been working on, and no i wont tell, (as long as its still what i think it is).

2015: not sure if he added the hover conversion and replaced the nuclear reactor there, but it could be possible

No, he said, "I got a hover conversion," so I'm guessing that he "got," or "bought," and so, he didn't work on it in his garage. Also, as he said that, "If the Time Machine were to fall in the wrong hands..." so, he probably did the Mr. Fusion conversion himself.

It can also mean he bought the mechanism and did it himself

The falling in the wrong hands could easily be simply voiced locked. He can travel to a future that has the best security system. Heck the car could have a AI, that only likes Doc and friends. Who's gonna be able to crack it. When he goes back to 1985. That alwasy bugged me. Yeah. MR. Fusion is a separate company to the Hover conversion system.

Edited by archer9234

with the spawning, i think it should be limited also, in fact in SA, i spawned 7 dels, and on my 8th button push, it crashed, it did it again the next time i played it.

@BTTF: Here's a little hint in SA, hold the button, don't keep mashing it. Same exact thing happened to me, and then I thought to hold it. Spawned like 15 Dels.