Sign in to follow this  
Ziero

Spawning a TM for 2f or later

TM spawning?  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one...

• A. Until Missions.
    • B. 0.2e add-on.
    • C: Until missions, only BTTF 2 DeLorean.
    • D: Add-on 0.2e, only BTTF 2 DeLorean.
    • An "unlock" once you beat the game.

Would it be at all possible to spawn TM's like in the SA mod? I know that we will still have Doc's Garage, but what if we just want a quick fix? I propose we have a TM spawner, much like in the SA mod, but perhaps have it spawn closer to the player... I'm not talking like right next to the player, but somehow closer so that its not so far away as in SA. I also realize that the SA is more of a playground for BTTF coding ideas, and VC is suppose to be more like the movies, but I figured that since we won't be talking missions in HV for a long time, that maybe somehow this could be considered until the mod reaches the point of having the movie related missions, then remove the spawner. Thanks guys.

EDIT: lol, or I could just do it myself in 2e for my own fun...

Well i think its a great idea, and he has a point, we are not workin on missions for a long time. so it wouldnt hurt 0.2f if we put a spawner in, like...

Shift-Num1 for BTTF 1,

Shift-Num2 for BTTF 2,

Shift-Num3 for BTTF 3,

Shift-R for Railroad Delorean (you get the idea!)

then when we hit 0.3a, we can remove it.....simple!

And really what is the point of the garage, why dont we save that for when we have docs garage later and free up coding space, and make it so you can only spawn certain time machines in certain times. EG:

2015 onwards= BTTF 1 2 3,

1985-2015= BTTF 1 (no hook) 3,

1955-1985= BTTF 1 (hook optional) 3,

1885-1955= BTTF 3 and RR

train available any year (like a saftey device if you get stuck in a year) Shift-T

but if nobody likes the idea, i would be glad to support it being an addon for 0.2e.

EDIT: i sound like a broken record dont I? im sorry if im annoying.

Edited by BTTF Forever

@BTTF Forever: Obviously I agree with you, but I was thinking of leaving the spawner just limited to the BTTF 2... If anyone else thinks that it would be a better idea as a fan-made add-on, then perhaps I'll work on it for that purpose... What the heck, I'll work on that anyway. Will return with progress.

EDIT: Decided to make it a poll, to see which way it goes...

I remember back before the .2d days that we did have a car spawner. I wouldn't mind seeing that again but I don't know if Blue would do it again. I'm kind of getting tired of having to take the delorean to the garage to make the conversion.

@Flux Capacitor - Doc's garage isn't movie accurate either. He didn't take a delorean to his garage to make the RR del now did he :)

He didn't take a delorean to his garage to make the RR del now did he :)

Sure, that was his smithy while he was the blacksmith in 1885.

The only things he did in his garage were the following:

1955: build the hook for the BTTF1, replace the wheels and repair the TCs of the BTTF2 (--> BTTF3)

1985: build the BTTF1

2015: not sure if he added the hover conversion and replaced the nuclear reactor there, but it could be possible

In 2015, he's garage might noteven be there, he probably took all the parts and found some dark street that nobody walks. The spawner idea is quite good, until missions, of course. Would make it a bit easier if you lose your time machine in the other end of the city.

id like it as a 0.2e addon, but i think it would be better to have it in 0.2f untill missions. gives you more time to work on it! :lol:

Vote 1: Until Missions!

EDIT: are you sure about it just being bttf 2 delorean? maybe you should add to the poll:

A:until missions

B:add-on 0.2e

C:Until missions only bttf 2 delorean

D:add-on 0.2e only bttf 2 delorean

but......its your choice, i aint gonna push you, whatever you decide is fine with me. im just giving suggestions to help you out.

Edited by BTTF Forever

I reckon you should make it as an addon for 0.2e wont be that hard. Thanks to Trancelikestate and his shonash ravine i can summon a bttf3 car whenever i want. And theres already a cheat for summoning the time train type "bigbang" without quotes

The poll has been edited. Now I'm really interested to see which way this goes.

WOW!, you took my advice, someone on the team ACTUALY TOOK MY ADVICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D:D:D:D:P;):lol:B):rolleyes:<_<:):angry::rolleyes::D:o:huh::mellow:;):blink:

IM SO HAPPY!

im excited to see which way it goes now too!

Like I said before, it could/would only be temp until missions anyway... I mean think about it, according to the movies, Doc never parked the Timetrain on a mansion, and we know its not HIS mansion, because his was destroyed at some point before 1985, obviously. But either way, I've kinda been ignoring Flux this whole time anyway. Technically the only this we have that IS movie accurate is the TMs and how they function, and a little bit of HV, that it, lol.

@BTTF Forever: I'm not on the team, I'm just IFT. I edited the poll to begin with. Hope I cleared that up, lol.

woops! should have checked my words after i wrote them, i know your not on the team.

maybe flux needs someone to find him somebody to love! :lol::lol::lol:

"can any-body find..fluuuuuuuuuxx...........sombody toooooooooo........luuuuuuuooooooouuuve...."

bit of queen for ya!

oh that cracks me up :rolleyes:

Edited by Mini-Me
Removed the unnecessary quote

I honestly dislike the idea. So if there was the option, you'd get a "no" from me.

Ziero, I edited your topic title/description, please read this next time before you post:

Announcement: Extra rules and regulations for feature requests

EDIT: @BTTF_Forever:

Please, do NOT quote a whole post! And especially not if it's the post directly before yours.

You know, that's the reason I temporarily removed the reply button, but Mike didn't like that change <_<. Sorry if I sounded rude, but that annoys me at the moment :(.

so zeiro, your sort of switching back between the spawning code and some other things your working on, if im not prying, what is the other thing or things your woking on with code.

and if im not being annoying, if everything goes well, and you keep swithching back between projects, taking into account that you have a life outside the mod work, in what approximate vaciniity of time would you say that you would completely finish the spawn code?

if im asking too much, let me know

EDIT: one teeny tiny more thing, what type of spawning is it, spawning beside you, or san andreas type spawning, i like that one better, maybe you should also add that as a poll sugestion.

ok, ive gone too far

Edited by BTTF Forever

Sorry I can't say when it will be finished. Like I said earlier I am working on another code, and it is higher priority than this spawner, but it was part of what gave me the idea for this spawner, that and SA. So to answer your other question, I planned on basing it off of the SA spawner (re-entry spawn obviously), that is why I started this topic, to see if I wasn't alone in wanting something like this, considering that if I do make it for 0.2e, I would like for it to be an add-on that I can share, because I don't like to do this just for myself, I like to share, lol.