Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
hscitpe

The 1985A Paradox's effect on the DeLorean

The Time Circuits, were they damaged by Doc, or the instillation of the Hover Conversion, or was it the DeLorean itself? My friend and I have been working on this idea for about four hours now and here's where we lie.

It was stated that by 9PM on October 26, 1985 that Marty was in Switzerland and Doc was in a loony bin, but the DeLorean had been tested 19 hours earlier, so the 1985A paradox exists here. If Doc and Marty were out of the picture, the DeLorean could have never been taken to 2015 where Old Biff steals it, therefore he couldn't take it to 1955 and give himself the Grey's Sports Almanac, 1985A wouldn't come to fruition yadda yadda yadda, but if the DeLorean never gets taken to the future how could they have used it?

It wouldn't be possible for it to be there, so naturally it would fade, just like Marty in Pat I. Is it possible that the multifunctional Time Circuits were a result of the 1985A Paradox's effect on the DeLorean, the preliminary stages of it's way of fading from existence just like Marty's hand?

Edited by hscitpe

dont forget they didn't spend long there so there wouldnt have been long enough for the delorean to fade properly and dont forget old biff caused reality to change and create a alternate time line

That's in fact the idea of time travel and change the past I know from Harry Potter :P.

In a way you can't change the past, it has already happened. And what you "change" also has happened.

The idea BTTF stands in is different. Here thinks you do in the past change the time from then on. Doc and Marty maybe came from the other timeline:

http://www.outatime.it/ritornoalfuturo/fra...=315450&p=2

Exactly, the DeLorean was tested 19 hours back, in parallel dimension, actually, DeLorean was probably never invented in Biff's reality.

Edited by RG

Exactly, the DeLorean was tested 19 hours back, in parallel dimension, actually, DeLorean was probably never invented in Biff's reality.

Possibly, because I wasn't able to see the date of the paper with the "EMMETT BROWN COMMITTED" headline, so I don't know if it's an old or an unreleased paper Doc brought from a TT that he made in the meantime to find out what'll happen in the alternated timeline (since you can't see the LAST TIME DEPARTED before Doc and Marty go back to 1955, he could have made some TT)

He kind of told that he's already been committed by that time, because he was mentioning how this reality has changed already, mentioning George's death too.

[..]And this *shows newspaper* happens to me!
Edited by RG

It's strange how the multiple timelines/universes theory of time travel, which is anti-paradoxical if it is possible and if it can and does happen, was applied in the paradox-prone BTTF universe. Then again, BTTF's own version of timeline splitting is different -- for some reason the original timeline erases from existence as well instead of remaining existing (according to the theory, both the original and alternate timelines should exist like parallel universes), also "compromising" the existence of those who came from it (specifically Marty and Doc).

wasn't able to see the date of the paper with the "EMMETT BROWN COMMITTED" headline

don't know if it's an old or unreleased paper (you can't see the LAST TIME DEPARTED before Doc and Marty go to 1955 --> Doc could have made some TT to find out what will happen)

to be exact Doc's saying

.... and in which this *shows newspaper* has happened to me
This means that Doc actually made some TT to find out what will be going on.

Well, I'm not sure if Doc said exactly the same, but point shouldn't change, anyway.

Hmm, this is the second time I heard of a wrong German translation (the first being Mini-Me showing us the somewhat idiotic German translation of the titles of the Pirates of the Carribean series and the Twilight series). :mellow:

[..](according to the theory, both the original and alternate timelines should exist like parallel universes), also "compromising" the existence of those who came from it (specifically Marty and Doc).

Compromising? There is no compromise between original BttF timeline and 1985A, lol. You couldn't live easily and drive through city with your Toyota Hilux and think that nobody will kill you.

But yeah, from the other side, how would you know that the other dimension isn't in existence anymore?

lol when I said "compromising" I meant getting rid of. Man, should have known playing/watching those spy games/movies for 4 days straight would affect my vocabulary. :lol:

But yeah, from the other side, how would you know that the other dimension isn't in existence anymore?

I can tell by how Jennifer, who was left in 1985A when Marty and Doc traveled to 1955, was able to "jump" to the recovered original timeline. If the timeline, after changing history, was to remain existing, the 1985A timeline would end up the same, and Jennifer (and possibly Einstein) would have remained in the still-existing 1985A when Marty and Doc recovered the original timeline -- Marty (and his future) would be screwed if that ever happens lol.

Yet the dimension was destroyed, so they jumped back to the dimension they belonged to. That doesn't explain if there's still a dimension that was presented to us at the beginning of 1st film - George is a slacker and Biff is his boss. I think I'll have a headache from all this. :S

I treated the time lines like this. The moment Doc and Marty returned to 1985, they completed the paradox, erasing the original 1985. The Time machine is now their temporal life boat, splitting them from the original universe, and keeping them in exsistance. The BTTF 1 1985 time jump could of occurred, but under different events and reasons. Or not at all, because of brown being committed. Even if the car was not even built because of 1985A, the original car now no longer is tied to those events. I really can't buy any other theories, because the paradox itself, cancels itself out.

Edited by archer9234

Maybe the DeLorean has some sort of a side effect of mending time lines? In order to prevent its own destruction.

Digg this:

The DeLorean never existed in this timeline. There is another Doc and another Marty in this timeline, old Biff never went to his younger self in this timeline, but it all went Star Treky.

actually, marty and the del originated in a different timeline altogether from the beginning of movie 1, they wont be affected, unless BTTF is glitched lol

the doc should have been, as should have Jennifer and Einstein, infact, everything that didnt go back in the first film should have been eraased, Martya dn the del are safe, the doc isnt lol

Lets say that 1985 is a layer, 1985a is another layer, and the time travelers are dust on these layers.

Since the dust originated on the first layer, but traveled to the second layer, the second layer can not affect it. But once the layer gets erased, the dust falls through onto the original layer. That's why the DeLorean was still present and why Einstein and Jennifer stayed in the same place, but another timeline.

Nice explanation. lol

The 1985A layer should be at the top of the 1985 layer, otherwise the dust that remained in the 1985A layer would fall to the abyss when the layer is removed or "erased", which makes more sense for Doc, DeLorean and Marty since because the 1985A layer is atop they can't access the 1985 layer.

Sign in to follow this