:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Ziero

Blinker for SA...

umm, no. :google: it first.

They weren't even referred to as such during production. Even Kevin Pike's original notes on converting them called them vents.

According to Wiki, a louver is the thing that covered the back window, the slatted thing, kinda like shutters on a house.

is it me or has this gone :offtopic: a bit... anyways back on topic now that there IS cleo for vc maybe someone can make blinkers for it tho i do think its gets boring after a while blinkers should only be used in real life cuz on a game no cop will stop you for changing lanes without signaling lol, but yea someone can i would...if i knew anything about cleo coding...maybe i should google this one day and find out anyways someone can make it but dont put it in the mod make it for "if ya wanna try it" kinda thing...well anyways its late so im off to bed. Peace!

I was only concerned about blinkers for the fact of the hazard lights being used in BTTF so maybe we could at least have this feature coded into particular missions...

EDIT: I also like the idea because I like a more life-like game experience, although you can't code the police to stop you, like you said SaiyanPrideFilms...

Edited by Ziero

the reason it is not coded in is because....if one car has it, the 100+ other cars need it too, and to specify 3 lines each for front and back signals (left and right are mirrored), it requires 600 lines of code, which takes 10 bytes each, so thats 6000 bytes of code added, just for defining where they are (2 byte opcode, 4 byte variable, 4 byte number). Thats 6,000 taken out of 225,512 bytes total, and it was that, plus the tedious work of finding where the blinkers on each car, that it was never pursued. This does not include the actual creation of the corona and work to make it non lagging and also mirror each one, and the code to activate them, plus the code to make them blink.

@Blue: I understand that, its why I never pressed the issue.

@Grim: It would be nice to make it a mission specific feature, but the way Blue is talking, its just a waste so I guess not...

umm, I meant in general.

It'll be there for missions. As long as there isn't horrible clipping with the coils.

The blinker mod iMaster posted does it different. It does memory hacking (to find the dummy of the backlight?) with the more advanced memory hacking opcodes get car struct and call method.

And that's less than 50 lines.

Sign in to follow this