Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

BTTF2 lightning strike

could you improve the lightning strike form BTTF2 when the flying DeLorean gets struck, just that it doesn't happen at the current location and a random time (e.g. once it happens at 09:42 PM, another time it happens at 10:01 PM), but at a certain locantion AND time?

Plus could you add another lightning that strikes a tree that falls to the ground then (I don't know if the falling tree can be animated, so if it isn't possible, just model the fallen tree and code that the model will be replaced), just ~ 20 seconds before the DeLorean gets struck.

DeLorean could get struck any time and place, if it's in storm. What would you do if you were lightning and some piece of metal would fly by? :P

DeLorean could get struck any time and place, if it's in storm.

Sure, but in that case ALL TMs should be strikeable since a lightning can ALSO strike a car.

I just asked because it'd be MORE MOVIE ACCURATE then.

If the car drives in middle of nowhere, or for some reason is in desert, then yes. But in towns and areas near towns/cities are many things made out of metal that would attract lightning more that a car.

This reminds me, can Time Train get struck by lightning?

Edited by RG

can Time Train get struck by lightning?

That is a very good question.

It had just a scene with nice weather in BTTF3 and it never was struck by a lightning in the cartoon.

So I have to say that I just don't know.

By the way, I used it in stormy weather quite often and I never got struck (maybe because the lightning strike code has only a relation to the flying BTTF2 DeLorean).

Well, it probably could, just that I haven't tried flying it in a storm in game.. Although, I doubt Doc would try doing any flying in storms again. :P

I doubt Doc would try doing any flying in storms again. :P

Sure. I also don't think that he wanted to be stranded anywhen again.

Or someone builds a weather machine to disable lightnings in a storm (so in the future there'd be no need to invent "anti lightening strike material" then [and by the way, noone except Doc, Clara, their boys, Marty, Jennifer and Biff knows about the existance of the TMs], but maybe Doc invents a special paint that would make the DeLorean's body to be more like plastic than stainless steel [although it still looks the same as before]) :D

Speaking of the lightning strike, why can't the Del be struck any other time than NOV 12, 1955 sometime after 9:50 pm (I think) and before 10:04 pm? I've been to different times with the BTTF2 when there were storms and I was flying, and yet I don't get struck. I think if its possible then this feature needs to be added.

I realize that this is probably the way it was coded, but it would be nice if it were more realistic.

@CJ: No the Time-train cannot be struck, I've tried. (also neither the DMC-13, but that is because that car isn't made out of metal, obviously)

Hey, it's me, RG. :P

Also, DMC-13 is made out of metal as well, but maybe they, like DK archer(fixed @EMO) said, thought up something that isolates metal parts from outside, or something that helps avoiding lightnings.

Edited by RG

Oh well oops... I here I thought it was like a futuristic plastic polymer or something... Figured that was why it looks like its made of plastic.

why can't the Del be struck any other time than NOV 12, 1955 sometime after 9:50 pm (I think) and before 10:04 pm? I've been to different times with the BTTF2 when there were storms and I was flying, and yet I don't get struck. I think if its possible then this feature needs to be added.

I've once been to 17somewhen and I GOT STRUCK, so it's there.

the Time-train cannot be struck, I've tried.

You haven't read my post thorough, have you?

I have to say that I just don't know.
That ONLY means that I JUST don't know WHY it wasn't coded to be strikeable.
I used it in stormy weather quite often and I never got struck (maybe because the lightning strike code has only a relation to the flying BTTF2 DeLorean).
And that means that I DO know that it can't be struck in the game.

Hey, it's me, RG. :P

Also, DMC-13 is made out of metal as well, but maybe they, like DK said, thought up something that isolates metal parts from outside, or something that helps avoiding lightnings.

Well, RG, but have you EVER used a DMC13 TM in a storm? I did and I also got struck. So what was that about isolation????

That's why I said maybe. :P And I haven't got struck in DMC-13, so.. I speak from my personal experience.

If I think about it, they probably don't make cars out of metal in future anymore, so the cars are less heavy and the mechanism that allows cars to fly doesn't have to use so much power (as it probably does on DeLorean, the damn thing weights too much).

Oh well oops... I here I thought it was like a futuristic plastic polymer or something... Figured that was why it looks like its made of plastic.

Not that impossible, in my opinion. The cars are probably easier to brake though.

Edited by RG

The TT isn't strike able because it's the games fail safe car. If it was destroyed, you'd be stuck in your time period, if you lost your car. It doesn't fit in repair shops.

Edited by archer9234

Best argument.

Why didn't I come to this :doh2:?

The TT isn't strike able because it's the games fail safe car. If it was destroyed, you'd be stuck in your time period, if you lost your car. It doesn't fit in repair shops.

Surely, though, the TT always respawns on top of the mansion even if you destroy it/it got struck by lightning (same deal).

When I say 'it got struck by lightning', I know that that isn't currently possible, I am saying if it was possible...

Edited by danmeister

Hey new here buyd GTA Vice City only for the this mod and etc.

I've been to different times and got struck by lightning, not only in 1955.

But i've got an idea. The lightning is only a few flashes and that's oke!

But wouldn't it be better to see a direct hit? Not only the flashes? Same goes for the clocktower.

If it isn't possible, i don't mind. :)

Well, lightning bolts aren't possible in VC or SA, but someone suggested an idea to make a texture of lightning as a whole new model and then move it or smthn..

the thing is with the time train lighting would not affect it after all it has its parts made from 1885ish components which are metal so that leads you to most like it would only lose flying capabilities and keep the rest of its functions

Sign in to follow this