Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
Econolad

KITT Edition Suggestion

Is it possible to have a KARR model in the mod? Tommy going around blowing people and stuff up with KITT doesn't seem very "protecting of human life". Just add in a KARR model, copy all of KITT's powers to that model, add a gray undertone to the paint job, recolor KITT's red scanner with a yellow/green color, and add some sounds and a scanner sound for KARR. If its not possible to do this, you could make another knight rider mod, "KARR Edition" maybe?

There is a KARR model in SA KR mod already, probably possible to copy to VC too. You could also edit the ride mission of 0.2e to end up with KITT trying to catch KARR.

This isn't quite related to BttF mod though..

Edited by RG

Vice City KITT Edition is not in development, as far as I am aware there are no plans to work on another release.

Like RG said, if you want KR, use the KIM KR Mod for SA.

I couldn't really find a section for the VC Knight rider mod, so I posted it here.....No more progress on it? Wow, there's many features left out. Isn't anyone willing to work on it? KIM's SA version keeps crashing randomly on me, so I moved to VC.

SA would sure be more stable than VC. CLEO is like non-limited compared to .scm. Plus KR SA mod has many more features, however, that mod is dead as well. As far as I know, there is no KR mod in progress, at least from anyone that had made these two mods.

I don't wanna sound like an a**, but why don't you learn some coding and txd editing and do KARR yourself? Just a suggestion, I don't mean to be rude. I've learned that if you want something done, the best end result is to do it yourself...

I don't wanna sound like an a**, but why don't you learn some coding and txd editing and do KARR yourself? Just a suggestion, I don't mean to be rude. I've learned that if you want something done, the best end result is to do it yourself...

No can do, I fail at anything coding/modeling/scripting/etc. I would have never have made this topic if I could try to do it myself. It might be simple for someone more experienced, but for me it looks like armageddon computer style.

Hey Econ, can I call you Econ? Good. Okay, now listen. Again, I don't mean to be an a**, but it isn't that hard to find tutorials on basic coding. I'm no coding god myself, I can only make small modifications to an already existing code. Once you've read some tuts, just give it time and take it slow, you'll figure it out. And while you're at it, get yourself Sanny Builder, porbably the best VC coding program out there. Look, I could be nice and say "Sure, Econ, I'll do it for you, no prob." But you see, that would definetly defeat the purpose. And here are some reasons:

1. As I have said before, if you want something done the "correct" way, it is best to LEARN something new that would help you to achieve the wanted outcome you desire (do it yourself).

2. If I (or someone else) did it for you, you would then assume that we would conjure up any other requests for you.

3. For me to do what you want to be done would require time-wasting efforts for myself, such as downloading the KITT mod, and then taking the time to figure out exactly what it is that I would have to change to complete your said request.

Okay, so, now that I have outlined the main reason why myself (and nearly anyone a part of this forum) would tell you to do it yourself, I hope that I have no offended you, I only meant to educate you. If you put your mind to it, you can accomplish anything.

It should also be noted that this also applies to your other topic...

You know if you want KARR that badly in VC, just download the SA KR mod, take the txd file for KARR, go to VC, export the Zebra, rename it to another car you want to replace (rename the txd you got earlier to the same car name), import both into gta3.img.

edit carcols.dat, handling.cfg, and default.ide copying the lines for the zebra and replacing the lines of your chosen car.

Go play the game and use a car spawner to spawn it.

It is really really simple. The only thing you obviously won't have is any KR features on the new car, for that, you would need to edit the coding.

It was just a suggestion, I thought it was a good one too. Again, I am incapable of doing it myself or I would have done so already. I don't have the time or patience to try to do it. My other topic Ziero, was not to request a fix for the model, I was just confused and thought it was a bug. If it's too much trouble to continue work on the VC KITT edition mod, you might as well lock this topic seeing as it will produce no change.

Sign in to follow this