:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Doc-Holliday-

Melting Tires after lightning bolt

what I mean in this request is after the Delorean gets hit by Lightning and does the 99 to have the tires melted or melting or tore up as seen in bttf3 when doc and marty discover the delorean in the cave in 1955 i think that would be a cool request :D

Tires got damaged 'cause of age, not from bolt of lightning. The car was in a cave for 70 years, would you expect it to come out intact?

Tires got damaged 'cause of age, not from bolt of lightning. The car was in a cave for 70 years, would you expect it to come out intact?

no i wouldnt epect it to come out intact just thought it would be a cool idea is all something added besides the delorean smoking and not being able to fly

besides the delorean smoking and not being able to fly

Isn't that what already happens to 0.2e's DeLorean when you shoot at it too much?

the delorean in the cave should just be a model placed on the map and maybe disappears after you pick it up in 1955 and even if you go there in 1985 it isnt there because its not meant to be there.

the delorean in the cave should just be a model placed on the map and maybe disappears after you pick it up in 1955 and even if you go there in 1985 it isnt there because its not meant to be there.

how about the tow truck doc used in 1955 to pick up the time machine in the cave maby after going to cave with tow truck hooking delorean to tow truck and tow the delorean to sunshine auto?

How about making a DeLorean you leave on one spot have its tires blown off if you (using another DeLorean) skipped some years like 40+ years or something?

I think the mine should only be accessable during and after that mission as doc has to blast the entrance with dynamite. Once its done the model of the old del will be removed as per the movie but you could still revisit the small empty collapsed mine tunnel with side room sans del.

I don't think theres any need to make that car driveable in any way. Like angeloelibz24 said just use a bttf 2 with blown tyres on the back of a tow truck

what about replacing one of the broken cars that you get lying around vice city?

thats a pretty good idea like remodel the broken car to look like the one in the cave and pull it out with tow truck?

and i know this is :offtopic: but insted of making another topic and this is another idea I might as well post it here the other Idea is to have turn signals like when the delorean crashes in the barn have a key to turn the signals on to blink then press the key again to turn off

Edited by Doc-Holliday-

I doubt they would from the lightening but the tyres and any other rubber hoses and all would perish and disintergret after a while. Ever tried to drive a dry stored car after four years. doesnt happen now try 60. Doc being quite intelligent would have also drained all the liquids from the car before burying it.

So even if the tyres worn't shreaded they would have spillt and as such couldn't hold any air.

@Mike:

that picture was from one of the missing deleted scenes, doc touched the intact tires, and they turned to dust!

i think it is the new release dvd from febuary 2009

It's not douchenoob, it's never been released before, and much like the Eric Stoltz footage, it's looking likely it'll never be released. There's also a deleted scene right before "HAPPY TRAILS MARTY!!!" Marty gets into the DeLorean, but Doc walks over and tells Marty to take his starting gun, just in case, Marty declines saying "I don't think I'd be any good with one anyway, then Doc says "Marty, if you aren't successful, and I do die, you promise you'll get that son of a b**ch"

I didn't know tires rot and become red <_<

Oh, that's why he called them missing deleted scenes :doh:.

Why would the tires melt anyway. The bolt hit the flux capacitor.

to be exact, you should listen to Doc's letter in BTTF3 --> the DeLorean was hit by the bolt, which caused a Gigawatt overload, activated the Flux Capacitor, messed the TCs and sent Doc back to 1885.

But you're right, I never heard of tires that melted when a car was hit by a lightning. as it was already said, they just rotted because of the 70 years in the Delgado mine.

The Time Circuits were already messed up before, and @ Flux Capacitator - I always thought it's light from trucks rear lights, but I don't remember which scene was it.