Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

Underbody hover lights

You mean those green lights? They would be fine for you if particles stayed in right place, by picture it looks like they're kind of inside the car, so improve your computer. Green lights are OK on my game, they look like in movies.

Edited by RG

Same goes for mine. Looks great on a Radeon 9250 w/ 256mb of Vram.

Plus if you really want to post an in-game picture that compares to the movie one, make it during night time (in game).

Edited by Joe Statler

If you look at the screenshot you posted, that is the version with 6 green lights under the car, our version is based off of the cgi version which shows 10 green lights under the car.

It has been updated though so the lights run at the same speed as the SA version.

untitled-33.png

Yeah, it is pretty blurry, but in my opinion, it looks just fine.

You mean those green lights? They would be fine for you if particles stayed in right place, by picture it looks like they're kind of inside the car, so improve your computer. Green lights are OK on my game, they look like in movies.

RG, don't mind about particles. And by the way, my computer's fine as it is.

Looks great on a Radeon 9250 w/ 256mb of Vram.

Plus if you really want to post an in-game picture that compares to the movie one, make it during night time (in game).

Joe, I have a Radeon 9600 series, also with 256 MB VRAM.

Plus, when I discovered that there are too many green lights, I just wanted to make the screenshot and didn't take care of anything else.

If you look at the screenshot you posted, that is the version with 6 green lights under the car, our version is based off of the cgi version which shows 10 green lights under the car.

Mike, what cgi version do you talk about?

So here's a good question, why would they be different, cgi and other?

FYI:

The Delorean wasn't CGI, it was a model infront of a blue screen.

CGI Is a computer animated 3d model. (basicly the dff models of the deloreans in the mod)

in the movie, they had models a bit bigger than the dicast models of the deloreans you can get today, on a steel beam on a machanicle arm infront of a blue screen. i dont know whether it was step motion capture or not but they captured it using croma keying. thats how they did it.

then i think either the model had the green lights on it, or ILM edited it in with effects later on in post production.

thats just my opinion

PS: my dads a movie/special effects freak!

Same people who can't get the vents finished on the hover delorean. (fiberglass)

Or better said, same people who build wrong vents for it.

Carlos,

they in fact weren't incomplete, someone made smaller ones (these vents were also eight-parted [just stop BTTF2 while the wheels fold in and count the amount of fissures])

I've seen them. They might be 8-parted -hence the "kinda" on my last response-, but they're also incomplete. Check both pictures. You'll notice the missing part that should be over the taillights.

You'll notice the missing part that should be over the taillights.

I know what you mean. And now I realised that we both wanted to say the same thing with different words.

FYI:

The Delorean wasn't CGI, it was a model infront of a blue screen.

CGI Is a computer animated 3d model. (basicly the dff models of the deloreans in the mod)

in the movie, they had models a bit bigger than the dicast models of the deloreans you can get today, on a steel beam on a machanicle arm infront of a blue screen. i dont know whether it was step motion capture or not but they captured it using croma keying. thats how they did it.

then i think either the model had the green lights on it, or ILM edited it in with effects later on in post production.

thats just my opinion

PS: my dads a movie/special effects freak!

The DeLorean was CGI in hover mode.

Ex. there was one thing in bonus features that showed the whole progress of making a scene. on the one where doc is dropping marty off in 1985A, all they REALLY did was put a block of bumpy wood on the street and made the DeLorean drive over it, then they CGI'ed the Flying DeLorean, then it became that scene.

but doesnt CGI mean the model was created IN A COMPUTER?

EDIT: wait, it doesnt, sorry

EDIT2: and yes i am fully aware of that scene, its very clever how they did that!

Edited by BTTF Forever

The DeLorean was still a model being filmed with a motion controlled camera. All the shots with the flying del, minus a few with the full size one, held up with cables. Even the times when we see moving people and doors.

I thought the 1st landing scene in 2015 was an actual delorean converted to have wheels that fold and was supported by a crane. Since it seemed to be shot with no transitions and/or frame breaks. Especially since doc opens the door in that scene.

Edited by Joe Statler

Sign in to follow this