:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  

these can be used to move an object with a col file around the map the only place where they do use it is cortez's boat on that mission the lc mod uses them for their trains.

Thanks, but I already know these and had them in mind for the tracks.

After I got that idea, I noticed that GTA:LC also uses these for their train tracks...

? The question is why Rockstar Games didn't use this for the airplane ?

whats a spath? :huh:

these can be used to move an object with a col file around the map the only place where they do use it is cortez's boat on that mission the lc mod uses them for their trains.

^^

@Ashley:

It stands for Scriped Path and can be used to move models around the world from the scm.

@Microman:

I guess to save coding and mainly because it moves constantly around.

@Ashley:

It stands for Scriped Path and can be used to move models around the world from the scm.

@Microman:

I guess to save coding and mainly because it moves constantly around.

oh ok

Wasnt it suggested a while ago, that in a later version of the mod (possibly 0.2f) that after you do the lightning run, whenever you go back to 1955 NOV 12 10:03, you see a low poly delorean going down the road and hitting the wire, basicly whaching yourself go back/foreward in time, and also if you go on the side of the low poly delorean with your delorean you can catch a trip again with it, but if for example you park your delorean in the middle of the road and you get out and the low poly delorean crashes into it, it explodes, and even if your far away, you die automaticly (paradox)

Cant the low poly delorean be done with "spaths"?

Why would it have to be a low poly? Also, this idea actually could work, if it wouldn't take(probably) much coding space..

I think that it was decided that there would only be a ghost dels time travelling (like the plane taking off in the airport) so it couldnt cause annoying parodoxs

None of these ideas :P.

It will just be a regular car (in terms of code-wise) that drives from one point to another using the normal car paths, not more (apart from some details, such as speed limitations till he reaches specific points) ;).

At least that's the idea that seems the most logical to me, but I doubt that Blue thinks any different.

ah!

but you cant change the speed of the cars going along the car paths, there stuck at 40 mph or so, remember!

so hows the delorean going to hit 88 mph?

EDIT: No wait! Aggresive Drivers in the code, Got it!

Still, you cant change the speed of the cars on the road due to them being hard coded in the game. What about memory addresses? Blue!

Edited by BTTF Forever

well, anyone else think its true that the speed of cars are hardcoded................Mike perhapse?

i wonder if mike knows about memory addresses a bit?

No, he doesn't :P. And I don't know much about them, too.

But indeed that can be hacked this way, e.g. GTA:LC has an *.asi to restore GTA3's driving behaviour (of the traffic cars).

But what would you want to change the speed for? I mean, look at The Ride (the mission) isn't Biff fast enough :P? And he is a regular car, at least how I define that. There's a difference for me between regular car and traffic car.

I've done it...

00AD: set_car #DELUXO max_speed_to (insert speed here) 

or

04BA: set_car 0@ speed_instantly (insert speed here)

Will make vid to prove I suppose

EDIT: waiting for vid to upload and process... will post code with if you like.

Here's the video. Took me like 5-10 mins to write the code, but took YouTube forever to upload and process.

This is obviously just a test, but if you can tell, the TM changes speed (from spawn to point A is one speed, from point A to point B is another speed). Any ideas, suggestions? I think this could work with both the train and the lightning run. Oh yeah, and sorry about the double post.

thats really cool!

I was just wondering though.....

i was using vice studios the other day, and wanted to incorperate it into BTTF HV, unfortunatly since it uses C++ .asi file, it pushes aside the main.scm.

do you think you could create a code, that you can spawn the BTTF 2 Delorean (time circuts and all!) and it stays there, until you press a 2 certain keys, EG: Shift-F (F for follow) and then the delorean will follow you at MAX speed and stop beside you. so i could set the time circuts, get out, hop in for example the hot ring racer, push Shift-F, the time machine travels at full speed after me, and then eventually it time travels.

i think that would be a cool little add-on.

or you could give me a tutorial on how to create a code like that, man if i could code, id have that GTA 3 mod half finnished by now!!!! :D:D:lol:

Use the code from KITT Edition, it had the follow code.

Working on my idea from earlier, but now I gotta figure out how to spawn the car with Mr. Fusion/Plutonium already filled and the TC's on..

Sign in to follow this