Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
CJ O'Hummer

TC display

could you make a little improvement of the TCs?

Right after building a TM, the TCs should look like this:

--- -- ---- --:-- --

OCT 26 1985 01:17 AM (date and time are just examples)

--- -- ---- --:-- --

And it also looks better than this example:

OCT 26 1985 01:10 AM

OCT 26 1985 01:17 AM

By the way and in relation to that request, I saw a small CLEAR button right under the CONFIRM button in the films. Could you possibly add that one to delete typed the destination time?

I think this has been asked before, can't remember what Blue said about it.

Another method that was mentioned previously in addion to the way you posted above, was to have the DT, and LTD as 888 88 8888 88:88 88

I'm sure it's possible to make the AM/PM a colon, but then how would you identify it?

I think the AM/PM colon thing is a great idea. For identification of AM & PM: AM is the upper and PM the lower dot of the colon.

And, by the way, how about that:

When turning on the TCs, depending on if you have TTd before or not, the following will appear:

you made a TT before:

OCT 26 1985 : 01:21

OCT 26 1985 : 01:22

OCT 26 1985 : 01:20 (example from BTTF1)

you made no TT before:

--- -- ---- : --:--

OCT 26 1985 : 01:17 (date and time are just examples)

depending on my examples, the upper dot of the colon between the year and the time (which stands for AM) will be lighted.

I would say no to the 888 88 8888 : 88:88 thing when you switch them on, it wasn't seen that way in the films.

And it wouldn't look that great since there's no dark background

I would say no to the 888 88 8888 : 88:88 thing when you switch them on, it wasn't seen that way in the films.

OK, forget about that. But the rest would be great.

By the way, I edited, the other post (with the "8 ....")

As you could see here:

back-to-the-future.jpg

They made some mistake, look to the differents between the tc's(no not the darker color) the numbers are the same, but the AM, PM lamp is different between them.

By the way and in relation to that request, I saw a small CLEAR button right under the CONFIRM button in the films. Could you possibly add that one to delete typed the destination time?

I still got no answer to this question part.

Oh and there's also one more button I'd like to see coded: that red RESET button right behind the switch that turns the TCs on.

Pressing the RESET button would be useful if you want to clear the LAST TIME DEPARTED line as well as the DESTINATION TIME line because it clears both lines.

EDIT: That's what the TCs should look like then:

CLEAR BUTTON:

before pressing:

OCT 26 1985 : 01:20

after pressing:

RESET BUTTON:

before pressing:

after pressing:

well is there anyway to actually put the TC box texture behind the numbers, so its actually the box, instead of floating numbers in the sky

that would also be good if you could do the same thing with the speedometer, have the white box texture behind it. except you could only then have the speedo for time machines only

ok, well is there a way to turn off the display of the time circuts and the empty light and the speedo, they get in the way when im filming

Yes!!!, praise 0.2f!!, but as with everything, good things come to those who wait <_< , i could really use that delorean time machine right now! :lol:

well is there anyway to actually put the TC box texture behind the numbers, so its actually the box, instead of floating numbers in the sky

Someone here already did that for SA, but it looked tacky, but still cool. I can't remember who it was though.

Though we never found out exactly what that button did in the movie...

Well, what could a RESET button be used for?

Restoring the space-time continuum to original? ;)

Or at least just only for resetting the TCs?? B)

I like the idea of seeing the time circuits ''box'' but some people are right about the space in the screen that i would take. Can't we just make it smaller then? But not that smal we don't see the time.

And about the ''reset'' button. I think that +tc 0 hummer is right about that it would clear the input destination time and/or the time you ''where''.

I reckon the 'reset' button simply clears the input you typed into the TC's. So if you typed '13212009' and then realise 'oh yeah, that means the 13th month, which is impossible' (for example) then you could tap the reset button and it would just revert to the previous date. Although, Blue et al have decided on a strictly canon mod, so if the button is not used in the film, they're probably not going to include it unless some evidence can be found to suggest its function.

Though I agree this mod should be as movie-accurate as possible, having some non-canon stuff wouldn't hurt. This is a game after all. We add features for the sake of having a decent or epic gameplay. If you were to make a game out of a movie, accuracy also matters, but gameplay still tops over everything else.

so if the button is not used in the film, they're probably not going to include it unless some evidence can be found to suggest its function.

You're forgetting the beeper, the DMC-13, Location Circuits and the entirely-BTTF-unrelated KITT. Blue can include non-canon stuff in the mod if it is necessary to have them gameplay-wise, i.e. we had KITT not just because AJH requested it but also because it's a temporary substitute to the features that haven't been added yet.

I would agree, though, that there's no need to have the reset button in the mod. It's pointless to have a key that resets whatever is displayed on the TC to its original state when the time machine hasn't time-traveled yet. If it is to clear out whatever you dialed into the TC, however, it would be a good useful feature otherwise.

Sign in to follow this