:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
TranceLikeState

My Shonash Ravine Add On For 0.2E

Wa that done on sketchup???

Looks good cant wait 4 yr addon.

Also do you (or anyone reading this) know if this will be compatible with 0.2f cause I want to use the proper train :) obviously for when 0.2f is released before anyone else sayes :P

Wa that done on sketchup???

Looks good cant wait 4 yr addon.

Also do you (or anyone reading this) know if this will be compatible with 0.2f cause I want to use the proper train :) obviously for when 0.2f is released before anyone else sayes :P

yeah it was. i use sketchup. kinda sucky although i am about to attempt to learn a new program, as sketchup is obsolete and if i learn a new program i'll most likely be recruited by the mod team which would be sweet. Plus sketchups snap feature is driving me bonkers. anyhow, i will never badmouth sketchup, as it has taught me invaluable information, and allowed someone like me who has been 3d modeling for about a year and a half a good chance to advance my skills.

yes it will be compatible in 0.2f, i may have to tweak it to make it work, but unfortunatly my friend i think i'll be using the proper train before you. :P

If you want something high end use 3DS Max or Maya. Z-Modeler (not really high end) if your looking for freeware.

Edited by Joe Statler

i think that learning 3d modelling should be a compulsary education in all schools along with coding, and learning not to be a annonying noob on the internet *looks at nerdman*

and its only 9,000 polys.

Sorry trance, but I can't possibly see how this uses 9000 polys, even using sketch-up. 1000-2000, maybe, but nowhere near that high.

well, compared to how the last one was its way better. although, the reason it gets to be so high poly is sketchups biggest flaw. apparently upon 3ds export the polys at least double is what i've been told. also, i think it's mostly in the blades. trust me i'm not pulling your leg, i'm just telling you that max says it's 9,000. :P

Well I use Cinema 4d. Exporting to 3ds always splits (or more accurately, triangulates) the polies . That's what I meant when I said 'even using Sketchup'. It still doesn't look as though it was originally 4500 polys.

yeah. I'm gonna try to learn that program. i assume you've been using it for a long time. anyhow, i'm not exactly sure why its so high, but the first one was almost 80,000! :o so i'm happier with this one hahaha. stupid sketchup.

I believe Sketchup converts the splines into polys, making each line a model. Happened with EMO's ALCO S-3, so maybe that's why the model gets that many polygons.

Ok! in game! although, do you guys think its too big? i know these things are huge in real life.

76449731.jpg

85978656.jpg

61712657.jpg

Heres the train next to it for scale. I'm rather satisfied with the way its turned out overall.

Woah, that's one major windmill

I actually thought it's waaaay smaller, like maybe three times the height of Time Train. But maybe I'm just having a bad memory. Looks great in any size :thumbs:

That looks brilliant! :thumbs:

a little... BIG though

Do you know how to do the animation for the windmill, i recal there being fans that rotate in the main characters apartment and other places in VC

Thnx guys! I'll prob scale it down a bit. it is huge. anyhow, no i wish i knew how to do the animations but i'm not that good. :P

Ok, scaled down. i like this.

85805204.jpg

Ok smaller.

48989788.jpg

And also heres all the latest stuff released!

DOWNLOAD

And for you super anxious types.... an alternate link till gtagarage approves the main one.

hahaha, i did my best. :P maybe you cant really see the texture work in these pics. i thought it was rather good.

You don't have to model for SA/VC, you just have to texture for them. Trust me, I should know.

Trance , I have a problem , my game crash during the loadingscreen ... I installed your railroad mod and installed correctly the files o_o