:
Destination Time
:
Present Time
:
Last Time Departed
Sign in to follow this  
BTTFTIME

Delorean Part 1 Die effect more frequent.

I think in 0.2f the Delorean Die effect for the Part 1 Delorean more frequent and can happen at any moment.

To me it was made rare, it felt like it wasn't even a feature.

-------------------------------------------------------

(Just adding for people who just entered the topic)

What about this, make it 5% more frequent which in it self is not much, just that it's at least may actually happen. But now if you exit the car and get back in, there's also a chance it might die. Since Marty got out of the car to add the hook when it died. But make the die after exit and entering the car more frequent then the Time Travel on since not many people might get out of the car. Also since the car died more in the movie when Marty Exited and Entered the Car then when it did by Time Travel.

Edited by BTTFTIME

oh yeah. Well, they still shouldn't die randomly that frequently. Its an annoyance if anything. I'm fine with it after time travel.

Just have it die after time travel, and during the starting line scene in the game.

[EDIT] And to get it started in the starting line scene, you need to honk the horn.

Edited by Joe Statler

It comes when you need it the least anyway, so why make it more frequently? There will be more times it's not needed then! :lol:

Just remembered that it died like 5 times including time travel from lybians place to Doc's garage.. Well, I can't complain it's not happening enough frequently.

Edited by RG

I think its a great idea.

I agree with DK. But the at the start line thing is cool cool. I alwasy honked the horn myself just before the motor started again. So I would love to see that in. *HONK* *ENGINE SOUND* :D

What about this, make it 5% more frequent which in it self is not much, just that it's at least may actually happen. But now if you exit the car and get back in, there's also a chance it might die. Since Marty got out of the car to add the hook when it died. But make the die after exit and entering the car more frequent then the Time Travel on since not many people might get out of the car. Also since the car died more in the movie when Marty Exited and Entered the Car then when it did by Time Travel.

I agree with BTTFTIME, having it be at least a little more frequent than it is now would be nice, considering it almost never happens to me, ubt oh well lol.

I'm keeping it the way it is. Sorry.

The engine dying is a separate thread that gets created whenever you reenter, and it would be too much work to make it work randomly with all the other stuff going around.

@Mike:

Haha, if that's your argument against it, why do we have the rotating plate in then, if it's only a cinematic effect (hope this makes sense) :P.

I believe the thread simply should also be created when you re-enter the car. Meaning it randomly decides whether it should instantly work again or not. I already forgot we have this feature in because it barely happens to me.

This reminds me of something else:

Engine Re-Ignition after turned off with <exit car>

When doing some testings (mainly on the train) I was pretty annoyed that I needed to get off the car and get in again if I accidentally have turned its engine off using the key <exit car>. So I decided to do some coding et voilà:

So you turn the engine on the DMC-12 TMs back on by pressing <accelerate>, like when the BTTF1 dies (it is most likely the same code, the only difference is that the engine re-starts quicker).

So, your opinion?

Shall we add it to 0.2f?

You're planning to "readd" it?

That's why I showed you that post, so you now can think about coding that in :P.

It's quite comfortable to have it at the same button :D.

i think it should stay the way it is, but, the lightning scene, about 10 seconds before the alarm goes off, the engine dies, your franticly trying to start it, the code says it will only start when the horn is pushed at the same time as the starter, but the engine will only start with the horn after the alarm sounds (stops people from starting it to early, and movie accurate) so when you start up the engine, you have no choice but to accelerate.

OR

you could have the alarm ring a little earlly, but after the alarm you keep hearing the movie (hear we go, hear we go, this time come on. (pumps gas) please, please come on.........argh! (beep) VROOOM (thats when in the game the acctual TM engine starts up) HUH!.........Floors it (you have to time it right with the engine accelerating from the movie sound, not the alarm, if you go on the alarm you get there to early.

What do you think of those overly long suggestions!!

It comes when you need it the least anyway, so why make it more frequently? There will be more times it's not needed then! :lol:

Just remembered that it died like 5 times including time travel from lybians place to Doc's garage.. Well, I can't complain it's not happening enough frequently.

I wonder if doc's fuel pump was on the way out. He was prob more concerned with getting the nuclear reactor to work without killin everyone :)

He probably then replaced it before he went to the future at the end of the 1st movie.

The starter wouldn't have caused it to die while it was already running, like when that happened in front of the Lyon Estates sign, and the starting line.

Marty suggested it was the starter because he couldn't get it to crank over.

Edited by Joe Statler

yeah, when the engine died, it wasn't a starter issue. And since it was cranking the engine (except at the very end), that means the starter is trying to start the engine, but it can't run.

Sign in to follow this